☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

So Love averaged 4.5 points in two must win games. CLE didn't need him anyways. Lol. Honestly I rather go after Tristan Thompson. He contributes to winning basketball.
Nah. At least Love can spread the floor AND rebound. Tristan Thompson's are a dime a dozen in this league. I'd even prefer Ibaka over TT. Isaiah needs room to work. TT would just jam up the block.

Love would instantly be our best scorer, best shooter and best rebounder. In order to lure other big name players, we actually need one of our own. This is your chance. It's a no-brainer.

id prefer that trade with love be with jimmy butler. he may be ball dominant like it but he plays defense and a proper wing as well. imo hes a better fit.

who's that 6'11" draftee that broke the vertical? can he be like an amare stoudamire? then it can be a version of nash?

That Thadeus Young trade prolly got Danny Ainge like...
View media item 2078922
That 2017 Nets pick might be even better. That draft is projected to be deeper than this year's. I'm pretty pumped right now. I don't even care what happens tonight. Thank you Sean Marks!!

Surprised we actually picked. So much talk about Monroe, Midleton, Butler, Noel, and others.

If he somehow flipped the next two picks and some other pieces for Middleton and Monroe it would be heist.

Not a fan of Brown.

Don't know anything about Yabusele. Looks like Anthony Bennett.

I like Zizic. Fills a need.

Jackson is probably better than Rozier.

Bentil is probably the most ready to play out of anyone we drafted.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Brown.

Don't know anything about Yabusele. Looks like Anthony Bennett.

I like Zizic. Fills a need.

Jackson is probably better than Rozier.

Bentil is probably the most ready to play out of anyone we drafted.

Yes! Boston lacks two things. 3pt shooting and post presence. We need someone who can shot block, defend and rebound. Hopefully Zizic can develop into that ASAP.

Yes! Boston lacks two things. 3pt shooting and post presence. We need someone who can shot block, defend and rebound. Hopefully Zizic can develop into that ASAP.
From what I've read, it seems like he doesn't really have much on offense right now, but he has a really high motor and can defend. Good enough for a 7 ft 19 year old.

Evan Turner to Portland for 4 years $70 mill
eek.gif

Horford is a big name? That's way too much money
He's been an all-star the last 2 years and is a piece to the puzzle. Makes the team look far more attractive to other FAs. He's not a superstar, but he's a really good player that should age well. You can afford to give him that contract when you have IT/Crowder/Bradley on such good ones...

Horford is a big name? That's way too much money

Considering the numbers being thrown around this free agency, the Horford contract is fair.

MEM dropped 130m on a guy who never made an all star team and was a slightly above average starter his whole career in Mike Conley

Tom Brady might become the only guy to help deliver 2 championships in different sports to the same city.

Considering the numbers being thrown around this free agency, the Horford contract is fair.

MEM dropped 130m on a guy who never made an all star team and was a slightly above average starter his whole career in Mike Conley
Conley is a really good and underrated player. He just isn't quite as dynamic as some of the other players at that position. I'd take him over IT in a hearbeat though. Much more efficient of a player.

Now that KD isn't coming, it's... not very exciting is it?

We're a better team with him.

I fully expect us to win 50+ games and compete for the 2nd seed in the East next season.

Doesn't really move the championship needle much. We're still ways away from competing with CLE and GSW, but it's step in the right direction and I trust our front office.

Conley is a really good and underrated player. He just isn't quite as dynamic as some of the other players at that position. I'd take him over IT in a hearbeat though. Much more efficient of a player.

I'm not knocking him as a player. Just responding to the post that said Horford isn't worth his contract. Just used Conley as an example :lol:

I hate his face now. Was refreshing the players tribute all day yesterday waiting for the KD announcement, but all I saw was Conley's goofy *** in the front page.

Really? Their career numbers are pretty much identical. Not bad considering IT isn't even a true 1.

Back
Top Bottom