❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BARCA DISMISS NEYMAR RUMOURS

Barcelona have brushed aside media speculation linking Neymar with a world record transfer move to Manchester United, revealing the club will soon offer the Brazilian superstar a contract extension.

Reports in England claimed United were prepared to spend £240million to bring the 23-year-old to Old Trafford.

"Those are just rumours and what people write but there is nothing to it," Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu told Catalunya Radio.

"Neymar is happy at Barca. We don't want Neymar to leave at all.

"He is a young player that has an international football projection above the norm. He has helped us a lot in our recent successes.

"In a few months' time we will discuss his contract extension as he has three years left on his current deal.

"We want him to stay for many years, three, five, 10 or even 15 years more with us."

ILLARRAMENDI SET FOR SOCIEDAD?

He has been linked with a move to Liverpool in the Premier League, but reports in Spain claim Asier Illarramendi is close to returning to Real Sociedad from Real Madrid.

The 25-year-old has been unable to hold down a first-team place since moving to the Bernabeu in 2013 and, according to Marca, is now set to re-join Sociedad.

Apparently he will cost David Moyes' side €15million (£10.9million) and the deal could be announced today.

WEST HAM TURN TO ZAZA?

Italian centre-forward Simone Zaza could be the answer to West Ham's striker problems.

We understand the Hammers have been negotiating with Juventus over a £1.4million loan move with an option to buy set at £11.5million.

Juventus are pushing for the move since it would give him more playing time. Zaza is looking for an opportunity to shine so he can play in the Euros next summer. A decision is expected tomorrow.

MARIN UPDATE

Chelsea winger Marco Marin began a medical this morning in Turkey and is expected to complete his move to Trabzonspor later today in a deal believed to be worth £1.8million.

The German winger joined Chelsea in 2012 but made just five appearances for the first-team, scoring a solitary goal.

Marin went on loan to Sevilla, Fiorentina and Anderlecht but failed establish himself during those spells.

CHELSEA HOLD GARAY TALKS

Chelsea are in talks with Zenit Saint Petersburg over the signing of defender Ezequiel Garay, according to Sky Italia.

Our colleagues in Italy understand negotiations have started for the 28-year-old, with the two clubs trying to reach an agreement. Roma are also thought to be interested.

Garay is believed to have emerged as an alternative target to Everton's John Stones, for whom the Premier League champions have had three bids rejected.

BALOTELLI COMPLETES MEDICAL

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has completed his medical at AC Milan and declared his delight at returning to the Rossoneri ahead of his loan switch.

Both clubs have yet to announce the deal, which will see the Italy international represent the San Siro side for the 2015/16 campaign.

"I’m happy to have returned," Balotelli said. "I have little to say, just that I'm looking forward to train and prove my worth.

"I'm physically well - I just have to train with the squad. I have a lot of motivation but I just have to work and not speak.

"Did I think I would return to Milan? Yes, I always had Milan in my heart and I always had hope that I would return one day.

"Will I end my career here? I just have to start to work and have a good year, just have to work and that's that."

DE GEA MISSES BRUGES TRIP

Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea has been left out of the club's 18-man squad for their Champions League play-off second leg with Club Brugge.

The news will only act as fuel to the speculation which surrounds the Spaniard, who has been constantly linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer.

CUADRADO MOBBED ON ARRIVAL

Chelsea winger Juan Cuadrado was mobbed by fans as he arrived in Turin ahead of his proposed loan move to Juventus.

Here's what he had to say shortly after arriving in Italy: "We all know that Juve is a great club, among the best teams in Europe.

"They have everything to win the Scudetto (Serie A). I hope I can give Juventus my best, 100 per cent.

"I didn't expect to receive such a warm welcome from the fans in Italy but they have always welcomed me with open arms and that makes me very happy.

"The fans' support will give me further motivation to do well."

DE BRUYNE DECISION DAY

A decision regarding the future of Wolfsburg attacking midfielder Kevin de Bruyne is expected to be made on Friday, according to reports in Germany.

An update on the long-term Manchester City target’s future is expected ahead of Wolfsburg’s Bundesliga clash with Schalke.

Interestingly, Bild are claiming Bayern Munich and Manchester United have entered the race for De Bruyne’s signature.

The German sports daily claim United are interested, although it is understood De Bruyne would prefer to stay at Wolfsburg for one season ahead of a summer switch to Bayern next summer.

What is clear is that De Bruyne will not join Bayern this summer. "We definitely won't be active," said Bayern media director Markus Hörwick on Monday.

INTER EYE LAMELA

Inter Milan are weighing up a move for Tottenham winger Erik Lamela, according to Sky Italia.

Our colleagues in Italy claim Inter will consider signing the Argentina international should a move for their primary target, Wolfsburg’s Ivan Perisic, fail to materialise.

The two clubs have reportedly agreed general terms on an initial season-long loan believed to be worth €6million (£4.4million).

Lamela could then move on a permanent deal to the San Siro next summer for €14million (£10.2million)

ARSENAL TURN TO CAVANI?

Arsenal have switched their attention to Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani, according to the Daily Mirror.

Arsene Wenger is reportedly still in the market for a stellar signing before the transfer window shuts next Tuesday.

And, with Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema quashing rumours linking him with a move away from the Bernabeu, Cavani has re-emerged as potential target.

Last edited:
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 13m13 minutes ago
BREAKING: Sky Sources: John Stones hands in transfer request at Everton. #SSNHQ

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 58m58 minutes ago
BREAKING: Sky Sources: De Bruyne's representatives have held talks with Bayern Munich about potential move at end of season #SSNHQ

City still remain favourite.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 58m58 minutes ago
BREAKING: Sky Sources: De Bruyne's representatives have held talks with Bayern Munich about potential move at end of season #SSNHQ

City still remain favourite.

lets gooooooooooo

Random I had no idea pitch sizes could be customized, I thought teams had to stick to a standard size :lol:

Dude don't feel bad, I seriously figured this out like only 2-3 seasons ago. My assumption was that all fields had to be the same size, it would make sense.

I figured it out when I was watching a Real Madrid game at Rayo Vallecano and I was thinking to myself "Dude, am I tripping but this field is way too short" :lol: (pic below)

View media item 1686834

Thing is, Porto plays away matches against small teams in small stadiums like this as well but I never thought about it. But just seeing Real Madrid play on such a small field made me notice it.

Last edited:
and i believe there is just regulations on minimum and maximum length and width anything in between is acceptable. 

cause its well known that the bernabeau is one of the largest pitches in the world which allows for a more open game which really suits a player like ronnie who isolates and has more space to work with...but there really isn't that much disparity.  alot has to do with the camera angle of the stadium too. smaller stadiums have a less steep camera angle which makes the pitch look smaller

i see some BPL matches where the pitch looks tiny but the game is so fast and back and forth. the game might be sloppy but its pretty exciting.

top 20 largest pitches in the bpl

length x width,  square yards

1.  Manchester City, City of Manchester Stadium, 116 x 77 yards, 8932
2.  Manchester United, Old Trafford, 116 x 76 yards, 8816
3.  Southampton, St Mary’s Stadium, 115 x 74.5, 8740
4.  Stoke City, Britannia Stadium, 115 x 75 yards, 8625
5. Aston Villa, Villa Park, 114 x 75 yards, 8550
6.  Swansea, Liberty Stadium, 115 x 74 yards, 8510
7.  Arsenal, Emirates Stadium, 114 x 74 yards, 8436
8.  Cardiff City, Cardiff City Stadium, 114 x 74 yards, 8436
9.  Norwich, Carrow Road, 114 x 74 yards, 8436
10.  Sunderland, Stadium of Light, 114 x 74 yards, 8436
11.  West Bromwich, The Hawthorns, 114 x 74 yards, 8436
12. Chelsea, Stamford Bridge, 110 x 75 yards, 8250
13.  Fulham, Craven Cottage, 110 x 75 yards, 8250
14.  Liverpool, Anfield, 110 x 75 yards, 8250
15.  Everton, Goodison Park, 109 x 74 yards, 8066
16.  Hull City, KC Stadium, 109 x 74 yards, 8066
17.  Newcastle United, St. James’s Park, 110 x 73 yards, 8030
18. Tottenham Hotspur, White Hart Lane, 110 x 73 yards, 8030
19.  Crystal Palace, Selhurst Park, 109 x 72 yards, 7848
20. West Ham United, Boleyn Ground, 110 x 70 yards, 7700

real madrid's pitch is 117 x 78 yards

Last edited:
http://news.nike.com/news/tiempo-legend-touch-of-gold-returns

Nike_Football_Ronaldino_Tiempo_Gold_BOX_hero_native_1600.jpg

Nike_Football_Ronaldino_Tiempo_Gold_OUT_PAIR_native_1600.jpg

Nike_Football_Ronaldino_Tiempo_Gold_DET_09_native_1600.jpg

always thought it was weird that teams could have different size pitches...kind of adds an interesting component when building your team, i guess

The Tiempo is back!!!! One of my favorite Nike models... That gold is way too gaudy for me... Just give me the classic black and white.

Hahaha Henry was something else man... Doesn't he have the PL record for most assists in a season too? Really tough act to follow which is why I feel any Arsenal striker will face criticism because Henry is still in our minds.

Looks like Valencia is well on their way to qualifying for the CL thanks in part to this absolutely filthy chip from Negredo 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Bayern is slowly getting into that Oktoberfest mood 
laugh.gif

*Good lord 
sick.gif

@sampilger: In the last 11 years, Manchester City have a net spend of £600 million, Chelsea £480 million, while #MUFC trail behind with £326 million

Last edited:
always thought it was weird that teams could have different size pitches...kind of adds an interesting component when building your team, i guess

Yea, it does.

But to be honest, I wish their was a standard size. At least for width.

Hmmm despite Barkley being a youth product I wonder how long he'll be there until he gets tired of finishing 6-8 place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom