❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No racial but if that happened in certain parts of South America, Africa or the middle East there would of been an ensuing brawl.

Never seen that type of penalty at all. Only been into footy for about 6 or so years. How was that a legit play? Does the touch/layoff trigger a live ball that can only be played forward by both teams? The runner has to be outside the box before the touch/layoff otherwise it would be encroachment/offsides right?
As long as Suarez didn't encroach the box before Leo touched it(it has to go forward, and it did) it's legit. Also, the penalty taker is not allowed to touch it again until some one else has.
It's totally legal and that's why it stood. It's not disrespectful it's just clever.

Last edited:
Yea I thought it was one of the most disrespectful things I've seen done to an opponent on the pitch when I saw it in real time :lol:. After reading up on the background I kinda felt 50/50 since it was also kind of an homage to Johan Cruyff who originated that kind of penalty. I say homage because he's been battling cancer recently so I have a feeling Leo was probably doing it in his honor but it was still type grimey :lol: :x

I agree that some folks would've lost their **** if CR7 or Benz pulled that :lol:

I called it disrespectful and filthy, cause yeah, I'd probably be mad if someone did that to me :lol: :smh:

But realistically, I'm caught in two minds.

A part of me prefers when you just continue to attack your opponent and win without needing to completely humiliate your opponent. (See Germany at the WC, had they not spent the next few days going on and on about how they didn't want to humiliate their opponent :lol: )

But then again, I love watching Neymar attempt rainbow's in the middle of a match. The flair shouldn't be lost in the game. I guess it's a balancing act....

Highly disrespectful? You guys moral crusaders now? If you don't want them making assists off PKs, do your job as a defender and pay more attention while standing outside of the penalty box. It's not like Suarez has a distance advantage, he's taking off from the same spot as the defender is.

No racial but if that happened in certain parts of South America, Africa or the middle East there would of been an ensuing brawl.

And your point is? I've seen salty Argentinian defenders slide in with two legs after getting nutmegged, it's a piss poor way to react to getting sonned.

Is it just me bugging out or is the round of 16 format different this year? I don't remember 8 teams playing one week and the other 8 playing the following week

Dude who said if CR7 and X did that there would be outrage about his arrogance is on point.

I didn't have an issue with them doing that though

Edit: imagine CR7 passing up a penalty though :rofl:

Dude actually might get some credit for getting his homie the hat trick

Last edited:
Ronaldo would let Bale take the pen and then talk him into laying it off for him, he's getting that goal no matter what.

Highly disrespectful? You guys moral crusaders now? If you don't want them making assists off PKs, do your job as a defender and pay more attention while standing outside of the penalty box. It's not like Suarez has a distance advantage, he's taking off from the same spot as the defender is.

If you watch the replay in slow motion Suarez was in before messi touched the ball. But its like calling a lane violation in basketball. Just saying if this becomes a thing dudes gonna be getting mugged on the run up. Like as soon as the shooter starts his run up just grab the other team's players on the outside of the box...whats the worst that can happen...another penalty will be given :lol: they will actually have to take a real one?

I agree with prime though. It was entertaining...but if that were my team and we were getting stomped and the other team did this...best believe the rest of the game with be "chippy" to say the least.

Yeah if you take away the surprise factor, the success rate of that play wouldn't be very high.

I feel like it's been like that for as long as I remember :lol:
can't think hard enough to remember, and I usually have great memory
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

I thought there were games tuesdays and wednesdays
there is my dude, Roma vs Madrid tomorrow

Never seen that type of penalty at all. Only been into footy for about 6 or so years. How was that a legit play? Does the touch/layoff trigger a live ball that can only be played forward by both teams? The runner has to be outside the box before the touch/layoff otherwise it would be encroachment/offsides right?

Bruh..... Nah Defintley reaching like Tom said.

Wow some of ya'll are really taking this pass penalty really hard :lol: - this is Footy man :lol:

That Barcelona penalty was totally bright! Imagine this situation in World Cup Final Game or Champions League Final :lol:

That Barcelona penalty was totally bright! Imagine this situation in World Cup Final Game or Champions League Final :lol:

It would be extremely ballsy to try that in a final. I remember when Zidane chipped his PK against Italy in the 2006 final. It was brilliant because the ball bounced inside the goal line, had it not and everyone would've called him an idiot.

Last edited:
Disrespectful. **** outta here :lol:

Football is supposed to be entertaining, fans want to be entertained, they tried a different way of taking a pen. That's if. They're by far and away the best team in the world. Let them flourish.

Same with Neymar, if a player from one of your teams pulled that off you'd be ******* loving it. I know I would if Riyad did it :lol:

All this

It would be extremely ballsy to try that in a final. I remember when Zidane chipped his PK against Italy in the 2006 final. It was brilliant because the ball bounced inside the goal line, had it not and everyone would've called him an idiot.

That's the thing with this game...

When you pulling Paneka's, when it goes in, you're hailed as a God. Get it wrong, and people will be bringing up your whole career of mistakes in highlights for weeks :smh: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom