❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW YORK CITY FC ANNOUNCES LONG ISLAND ROUGH RIDERS AS PDL AFFILIATE

Already one of 11 Youth Affiliates, New York City is pleased to confirm that the Long Island Rough Riders are now the Club’s official Premier Development League partner beginning with the upcoming season.

It is yet another part of the New York City FC’s development pyramid, working to create a clear path for elite local players who are aspiring professionals.

“This is another great step in building the development pathway for local players in the New York area,” New York City FC, Sporting Director Claudio Reyna said. “Long Island Rough Riders are a very well respected club and already a part of the New York City family, so strengthening the partnership and having them become our PDL Affiliate is fantastic.”

The PDL is owned and operated by the United Soccer Leagues, featuring 67 teams in the United States and Canada. The league has proven to be an important stepping-stone for top college players who want a high level of competition while maintaining their eligibility.

“This affiliation will allow college-aged players the opportunity to play for the Rough Riders during their PDL season,” Reyna said. “Our coaching education will continue with the Rough Riders so that their team is working in our playing style and philosophy, and together we will provide excellent coaching to players looking to become fulltime professionals and take the next step in their career.”

Approximately 70 percent of all MLS draftees have PDL experience and nearly 300 former PDL players competed during the 2015 USL season. It is considered the top-level amateur league in the U.S.

“Becoming an official PDL affiliate of NYCFC is a tremendous honor for our club,” Long Island Rough Riders general manager Flavio Ferri said. “This affiliation will grant our staff and players unprecedented access to the resources of NYCFC. It also gives players just starting out a phenomenal platform to rise through the ranks and play at the highest levels in the U.S.”

Dating back to 1993, the Long Island Rough Riders is one of the most historic franchises in North America, serving as the home for future U.S. National Team players and MLS All-Stars.

“Our new affiliation with NYCFC is a very exciting development for our club and the members of the Long Island soccer community,” Long Island Rough Riders owner Peter Zaratin said. “We have always had the passion and the professionalism in our ranks, but we now have a legitimate connection for any player hoping to reach the top levels to achieve it right from their own backyard.”

The Rough Riders open their season against the Westchester Flames May 7 at 7:30 p.m. at MacArthur High School in Levittown, N.Y.

Original article here.

You know DAMN WELL if Mou came in, expect a big name striker to come in, and big name defenders to follow.

No way in hell would Mou sit back and rely on Martial and Rashford to come up with another big season.
he can bring that striker and a defender.. Martial has proven to be effective out wide (which is gonna be his position for France) and Rash can come off the bench with the odd start. The creme always rises to the top :smokin

You know DAMN WELL if Mou came in, expect a big name striker to come in, and big name defenders to follow.

No way in hell would Mou sit back and rely on Martial and Rashford to come up with another big season.

But whose a big name striker out there that can come in? There are only a handful of them.

I think he'd put Martial at the no9 and let Rash back him up while improving the rest of the squad. Give Martial the opportunity to stay in that role and keep it consistent. I could see him flourishing.

But the defenders and some midfielders would def come in.

Off rip

Lewa
Reus
Higuan
Aubameyang
Costa
Morata * not the same caliber of the other guys of course

Should be available this summer

Last edited:
Off rip

Lewa
Reus
Higuan
Aubameyang
Costa

The only one that matters though is ibra. Him and Mou love each other and rumors are already out that he wants in at Man U if mou gets the job. Would be lovely to see

Off rip

Lewa
Reus
Higuan
Aubameyang
Costa

Well Reus isn't a striker and I don't see Costa or Morata coming to Jose's world again.

Lewa will want CL footy.

Higuian and Auba maybeeeee, better chance at Higiuan tho. Jose was said to want him too. So I can see that.

But whose a big name striker out there that can come in? There are only a handful of them.

I think he'd put Martial at the no9 and let Rash back him up while improving the rest of the squad. Give Martial the opportunity to stay in that role and keep it consistent. I could see him flourishing.

The big name striker is zlantan. And stones is should be the guy at CB. hummels and Reus ship has passed even though hummels wants out.

I still not sold on Sanches, could be ando, could be another martial. Spending that much on a mf is just crazy. But on the bright side, add him to Tfm, shaw, martial, rash, Williams, cbj, tuanzebe all super talented under 20.Cue banderas gif

According to a bunch of papers across Europe apparently so but nothing official yet and we probably won't hear anything official until the season is over after the Cup final.

What I found interesting in todays post match interview was LVG saying this...

@RobHarris: Van Gaal asked about the win offering hope for the future of the team into next season: "I'm not looking beyond" this season

That's a first,up until this point he's always been talking in a long term sense...maybe somethings changed? :nerd:

He might be an idiot on the pitch but he's been around long enough to know its a business. Winning a fa cup will be his swan song. I think it's a win/win all around.

Off rip

Lewa
Reus
Higuan
Aubameyang
Costa

The only one that matters though is ibra. Him and Mou love each other and rumors are already out that he wants in at Man U if mou gets the job. Would be lovely to see

I was all for it, until I thought about it for a second.

Ibra is flourishing in a non-existent league, on a team PACKED with star players. I'm not sure if I really want to be paying like half a mil every week to someone who's not the same player he was 4 years ago, and will be adding another year to his legs by the time we get him.

Lewa would be the perfect option (not sure how realistic, given it is Bayern, but still)

The big name striker is zlantan. And stones is should be the guy at CB. hummels and Reus ship has passed even though hummels wants out.

I still not sold on Sanches, could be ando, could be another martial. Spending that much on a mf is just crazy. But on the bright side, add him to Tfm, shaw, martial, rash, Williams, cbj, tuanzebe all super talented under 20.Cue banderas gif

According to a bunch of papers across Europe apparently so but nothing official yet and we probably won't hear anything official until the season is over after the Cup final.

What I found interesting in todays post match interview was LVG saying this...

@RobHarris: Van Gaal asked about the win offering hope for the future of the team into next season: "I'm not looking beyond" this season

That's a first,up until this point he's always been talking in a long term sense...maybe somethings changed? :nerd:

He might be an idiot on the pitch but he's been around long enough to know its a business. Winning a fa cup will be his swan song. I think it's a win/win all around.

Everyone still hyped about Stones, but after watching him play, and reading comments from England fans, he's not all he's jacked up to me. He's potential. He's very mistake prone. I think it was the Liverpool match recently where they tore him apart rightfully so, for being out of position. Making poor decisions. Poor passes that led to goals. Sure fans are fickle, particularly after a derby, but United should be looking for a top tier experienced defender who will command the backline. Smalldini will immediately improve next to said player, and that will provide the foundation for Shaw to be more comfortable, and who ever comes in at RB.

Lewa would be the perfect option (not sure how realistic, given it is Bayern, but still)
They'll never let him leave this year. He still has a long-running contract, they don't need the money and word is he's about to renew his contract very soon. So any talk about moving to another club is most likely just his management trying to make noise to get a better deal for him.

They'll never let him leave this year. He still has a long-running contract, they don't need the money and word is he's about to renew his contract very soon. So any talk about moving to another club is most likely just his management trying to make noise to get a better deal for him.

That's exactly what I would think. Like I said, he'd be perfect, but I just don't see it happening.

It's Bayern :lol: why sell their leading man to United. Bayern just doesn't move like that. I would think the only way a move like that would happen is if Mendes is his agent, or if he forced a move. Both not happening.

I could see United going for Obamayang, even though I have a feeling he'd probably prefer playing at Arsenal based on their system.

Either way, I see Mou going for a big name striker, he's always been keen on one, I'm just not sure that Ibra would really benefit the club as much as it would benefit Ibra.

Sunderland are really playing above their heads, should probably have 2 if they made better decisions and got that handball

I could see United going for Obamayang, even though I have a feeling he'd probably prefer playing at Arsenal based on their system.
I reckon our management won't be inclined to let him go either. We'll lose Gündogan and most likely Hummels as well so they probably will insist that he honours his contract (running until 2019, afair). I suspect we'll sign a top talent as a #2 striker for next season to be prepared for his eventual move to a bigger club in 2017. But that's just my speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom