🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

A couple more pics from IG... Apparently Andre took the super tiebreak to win the match.

11374805_408873845965743_559773234_n.jpg
11377418_1669185686647176_467913647_n.jpg

Wow! You guys are on it. As KB mentioned, Andre won in the 3rd set. They played a 10 point tiebreak in lieu of playing out the set. I believe the score was 6-7, 6-3, 10-7 in the tiebreak.

The big takeaway was that the court was in bad shape due to the heavy rain on Saturday. There were numerous deadspots. Slices that hit around the service line would just die. Both guys really had to make quick adjustments because they had no clue how the ball was going to bounce. Despite that, both Pete and Andre had some clean winners. It was amazing to see.

Tactics wise, to me it seemed that Andre was serving just as hard as Pete. Both could hit kick serves that forced the other to hit the return around eye level. I think Pete only served and colleges once during the whole match. That could have been an attempt to extend the points for the sale of the crowd.

Yea it sounds like there were definitely issues with the surface. The score for the final tie break that I saw posted was 10-5 Agassi. I saw a quote that after the ball didn't bounce during the match that Sampras said it was like US Open gold surface. Apparently Andre told Pete "your serve used to be much better" haha. How was the stadium otherwise?

Last edited:
I very well could have gotten the tiebreak score wrong KB. Sorry about that.

Andre does a very good job of playing to the crowd by talking a little smack. At one point today Pete let a ball boy take a serve at Andre. The kid served it in and "aced" Andre when Andre didn't go for the return (props to the ball boy for even serving it in. I don't think I could have done it). Andre then said to Pete "remember when you could serve like that?"

Pete attempted some humor by asking a ball kid for a "deflated ball." A lot of the crowd missed the joke (taking a stab at Tom Brady).

Pete almost talked some trash to Andre yesterday. Andre hit a return winner and asked Pete if he "remembered that." Later in the game Pete aced Andre and Pete started to say remember that but then he zipped his lips,

The stadium was pretty nice. There didn't look like there were any bad seats. It's small (around 2500 seats), but the Greenbrier isn't planning to hold any big tournaments. A Powershares type event is going to be there in September. Pete, Blake, Courier, and McEnroe are scheduled to play.

I have one more pic to share. I know this is the Agassi thread, so mods I'll remove the pic if necessary. My wife and I attended the meet and greet yesterday. Since I was fortunate enough to get Andre to sign my ATCs in Salt Lake, I asked Pete to sign a pair of Air Oscillates.
View media item 1593276
Unfortunately one signature is upside down. I'll take the blame for that. I get dumbfounded when I meet these guys.

Last two times these were posted for sale in this forum they were about sold out. Waiting for a sale may not be an option. I will buy Day 1.

Back
Top Bottom