🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

when you look at this shoe from the side it looks like the volt part is a A A wonder if they did that for andre agassi

You know I never considered that but now that you pointed it out it makes sense.

when you look at this shoe from the side it looks like the volt part is a A A wonder if they did that for andre agassi

The zigzag on the atc3 was an updated version of the one on the atc2, which had the zigzag highlighting the upper shape which it shares with the atc1. But they do have a more defined A shape on the 3s. The 4s also have a zigzag motif but no defined As. I'd guess it was just a happy coincidence.

I've been looking online several times a day. So far no indication of the all white being in U.S. stores. One store in Europe listed them as PA.

So far ShoePalace and Kicks is the only place that has gotten the Volts in the U.S. I talked to a guy working at FNL and he's seen no news on the 3s so far. He's indicated he visits all the same sites we do so he seems to be knowledgable.

Asked little bro about his shipment and he hasn't heard a word yet.

Peace,
J

Damn I've been BS'n about placing my order since Tuesday
mean.gif
.. Missed the 20% now that I made up my mind
mean.gif
Same here
mean.gif
  i think we'll be blessed with a lower price tho 
Hopefully
nerd.gif

yea i agree but 86 shipped including rebates was an excellent price if you didnt want to play the wait game

i passed and got the shox r4 for 72 shipped :tongue:

I think they aren't producing AS many but I don't think they're limited in any way shape or form, they'd be a fool to produce THAT many

There were plenty of lava's made. First the qs and then the gr. No reason to think these will be any different. If they end up on footlocker, eastbay, and finishline that will explain it all. KicksUSA already restocked.

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel kind of ho-hum about the flares?

I mean Agassi was my favorite player I watched him win the U.S. Open wearing these. But I open the box and put them on my feet and it's like they're just some white and black shoes.

I got them for dirt cheap $63 shipped, but real estate in my closet is really precious, so I'm not sure if I should give this shoe box an empty slot

#Marriedsneakeraddictproblems

Yeah, I get it. They are pretty much just black and white but they have a place in my heart so I like them. What I'm disappointed in is the lack of color ways. Some half-hearted nod to Wimbledon which the trainer huaraches emerald berry does much better. The black and pink pair is atrocious. The all black is ok. Seriously though where is the white silver pair and the white blue pair???!?!?

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel kind of ho-hum about the flares?

I mean Agassi was my favorite player I watched him win the U.S. Open wearing these. But I open the box and put them on my feet and it's like they're just some white and black shoes.

I got them for dirt cheap $63 shipped, but real estate in my closet is really precious, so I'm not sure if I should give this shoe box an empty slot

#Marriedsneakeraddictproblems

Maaaan, I think we've all had this same conversation in our heads :lol:. These days for me if it isn't a shoe that holds a lot of sentiment up or its not a shoe I'm going to wear a lot then I just get rid of them.

For a 6 min video he didn't say much.

Lol not sure what you were exactly looking to hear. I covered the color issue, sizing, comfort quality, showed you an on foot view under different lighting and shared my own personal memories of the shoe. Maybe next time I'll fit in a dance routine [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Lol not sure what you were exactly looking to hear. I covered the color issue, sizing, comfort quality, showed you an on foot view under different lighting and shared my own personal memories of the shoe. Maybe next time I'll fit in a dance routine [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Haha! I was mostly interested in knowing the quality of the white material used on the shoe. Is it actual leather, synthetic, etc.?

Haha! I was mostly interested in knowing the quality of the white material used on the shoe. Is it actual leather, synthetic, etc.?

To be honest I don't know. It appears the majority of the shoe is the same as the last release which appeared to be leather and for the volt overlays they used a softer leather than last time.

Here's a review and on feet of the Volt Tech III
I've watched a few of your vids in the past, but only just noticed that you say Nike with one syllable.  
laugh.gif

It's no biggie... just an observation. 
happy.gif

Anyway, good vid.  I like the bit about what we used to see on the shelves back in the day when the OG's released.  Ahh... the nostalgia.  

And it wasn't just those kicks too... they had all the Challenge Court outfits available... the denim/spandex shorts, the Agassi on-court shirts (which were ridiculously expensive), the polos, the tees, the warm-ups... the line had so much good stuff. 

Damn... we old, dog. 
tongue.gif

I've watched a few of your vids in the past, but only just noticed that you say Nike with one syllable.  :lol:
It's no biggie... just an observation. :D

Anyway, good vid.  I like the bit about what we used to see on the shelves back in the day when the OG's released.  Ahh... the nostalgia.  

And it wasn't just those kicks too... they had all the Challenge Court outfits available... the denim/spandex shorts, the Agassi on-court shirts (which were ridiculously expensive), the polos, the tees, the warm-ups... the line had so much good stuff. 

Damn... we old, dog. :tongue:  

lol you are very right! Lol it's a bad habit from my teenage years. I remember beefing with someone that it's pronounced Nikey not Nike and I keep saying it wrong smh! Yea man we are getting old, and the gear from that era was simply amazing. As a kid whose parents were frugal when it came to sneakers, these sneakers were like Ferraris. To add to that was all these dope ads and all these ill shoes all on the wall at the same time. I mean if you didn't grow up during that time it may be a little tough to understand but a large portion of the retros people beast on today in all the ill colors were in stores at one time. Just nuts

This is the only picture I have of me wearing the Air Tech Challenge 3 "Limited Edition" I had back in college.  Much like the AT2 LE's, these were basically a white/black colorway and came with a "Limited Edition" hang tag.  I got them in NYC in 1991-92.  I have yet find a picture of these anywhere on the internet.  I zoomed in on a picture, so it's kind of blurry, but here they are...

View media item 1620761

Very nice, retrokid has a set of these very clean View media item 1622839

Back
Top Bottom