🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

The retro was a terrible shoe. Too bulky was the worst thing. The yellow was slightly off, but that wasn't the main problem.

1991 was the OG, but that was called "Hot Lime", which was commonplace with a lot of Nike shoes at the time.
Kinda like the laser crimson of it's day, so many shoes around with it these days
12619793153_0d11d1a9bb_o.jpg

TBH, I didn't think the retros were that  bad.  Sure the colors were off and they didn't have the flaming ball, but I felt the shape, despite being a bit bulky, was somewhat close to how I remembered them.  Maybe I was just too excited/desperate for a retro at the time.  

III's are a bulkier shoe compared to II's even back at OG. The retro was very wide though, at least on my feet. The toe box was chunky though. Nike loved that around 2007. AM1's have suffered the same problem, outside of a very few pairs. The all-3M ones were cool. I got those. "Volt" is the new "Hot Lime", Nike have been overusing it of late.

Last edited:
I got those retros recently and had to give them up because they were uncomfortable. Never had the og though so I'm unsure if the shoe just didn't work for me or if only the retro was bad. Same with the recent hurache hybrid which I believe has the same sole. Those became my yardwork beaters.

I got those retros recently and had to give them up because they were uncomfortable. Never had the og though so I'm unsure if the shoe just didn't work for me or if only the retro was bad. Same with the recent hurache hybrid which I believe has the same sole. Those became my yardwork beaters.
The OG's had a wideish toebox, which was quite different from the 1's & 2's.  I have a wideish foot so it worked out for me... vs the retros, I think the wide was similar, but the toebox was just a bit higher, I think... hence why they looked a bit bulky. 

BTW, I dig that avy.  

okay, sorry for the poor quality picture but i struggled hard to get them ( like many of us) and hopefully  the most of us in this thread will be able to post the same picture much nicer!! but i had to share, guys helped a lot to get them!

Anybody know the best thing for cleaning the tongue on the 08lavas? I specify since the material is different on these new retros. From under the nike tag down to the toe box? TIA

Hey somebody PM me so I cant get access to that super secret facebook group you guys started so I can be cool too...I really need to feel more important...I can't share the info I have with these "regular" NT members, if I do they may actually use it...and prevent me from getting what I deserve...please PM me....
roll.gif

lol well you'd know better than me, I remember the 2007 retro being regarded as terrible & it wasn't even the correct shade of yellow was it?

What year did they originally release? Can still remember staring at them through the shop window in lust

They actually ended up in Ross and Marshall's for about 39.99

Anybody know the best thing for cleaning the tongue on the 08lavas? I specify since the material is different on these new retros. From under the nike tag down to the toe box? TIA
I clean every material with Jason Markk and it works great for me.

Back
Top Bottom