🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

I was bored just now so I decided to take an on-foot shot of the lavas. It's a shame the weather is terrible out here... can't wait for the snow to melt so that I can wear these outside 
nthat.gif

It looks like the Clay pair a releasing in Australia I see some auctions on eBay for the Clay pair and the sellers of from Australia supposedly a quick strike out there

It looks like the Clay pair a releasing in Australia I see some auctions on eBay for the Clay pair and the sellers of from Australia supposedly a quick strike out there

It doesn't say QS on the box label like the Lava's. Kinda weird.

Just for the sake of comparison, my 2008's...

Colors might look off cuz of the white-balance & lighting. 

'14 toebox does look lower/tapered. 

12085430335_e28f35c9bc_o.jpg

The thirst is crazy I never knew there were so many fans of the shoe 
mean.gif
There were always fans but not beasting like they are now. Where were all these dudes 6 years ago when they were on sale at 39.99? Don't get me wrong, its my all time favorite shoe so I'm glad its getting the attention it deserves but its mainly because of the Yeezy 2 and that shouldn't be the reason. A lot of individuals beasting on them now are probably the same dudes trolling on them when true fans of the shoe were petitioning for a retro. Hype train is full steam ahead.
Preach.

This release sums up most of what I hate about this sneaker thing these days.  Boggles my mind how a few short years ago these got no attention whatsoever outside of the thread on NT, but now they're looking like they'll be tough to get.

Granted, the QS label doesn't help at all.  If these were GRs like the first retro, I doubt we'd be seeing hype levels like we are.  But overall, this drop has really shown me just how much the internet, namely IG/Twitter and sneaker blogs, have really transformed the sneaker culture.  

Need those tarts. Skipped out on the 08 release of them even though the were on sale :smh: , the joys of being a college student back then :smokin

These just arrived from Amsterdam, ordered on the 18th.

Honestly I was not sold from photos I saw and purely bought them on impulse but these are fire in person. I wasn't expecting to love them so much.

Can't wait to break them out in the summer and when I go to the US Open.

When are the tarts releasing in the us, or did I already miss that boat?

How many of y'all actually played tennis? Just curious.

I had these in 5th grade along with the bred 4s.

those are the only 2 shoes that ive NEEDED to get again. 4s were pretty easy. this seems like its going to be a ***** tho.

die kanye.

When are the tarts releasing in the us, or did I already miss that boat?

How many of y'all actually played tennis? Just curious.
played tennis since I was around 8 til I graduated high school

did competitive singles from 12-17 and traveled a bit with my team for nationals

i was really into it when I was 17 and played no.1 seed my junior year, but I suddenly fell out of it for other hobbies

i'm going to get back to playing in the spring and join some leagues

played tennis since I was around 8 til I graduated high school
did competitive singles from 12-17 and traveled a bit with my team for nationals
i was really into it when I was 17 and played no.1 seed my junior year, but I suddenly fell out of it for other hobbies
i'm going to get back to playing in the spring and join some leagues

Sounds like me. I had hopes of playing college but justin gimelstob put an end to that. I thought I was good until he destroyed me in a tourney. Match took 30 minutes and he didn't even take his sweater vest off. Tossed my rackets in the trash and never played competitively again.

:D

But I wouldn't play in the ATC's.  Current tennis-kicks have better performance and durability. 

I hear ya. I'm going to play in mine for nostalgia. I'm 39 and won't be running around like crazy. Straight baseline player these days.

I thought about doing the ATC, but seeing how low the price is, must mean they aren't as popular or sought after like we think. I'll just take my own shot at them.

Casper ~ Oh yeah... for some light-hitting, that's fine.  

Haha, I don't run like crazy either, but I do drag my toe and wear-out quite a bit of the medial-forefoot area.  For sure the ATC's won't like that! 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom