🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Any interest of seeing the 1991 OG vs 2016 Euro Release vs 2016 Sample of the ATC IV "Cerise Black Toe?"
good idea
wink.gif

smokin.gif

good idea
wink.gif

smokin.gif
Air Max Disciple, does the Air Tech Challenge 2 feel wide like Jordan 3s? Or narrow like Air Max 1s? 

New to this sneakers, as most of my shoes are Jordan retros, and getting more pairs of Air Max retros  

I tried on Air Max 95 wheat in Champs, I can wear sz 10 

Jordan 3s   sz 9.5 fit perfect for me, so are Air Force 1s. 

Previously I mixed these up with Nike Air Revolution (basketball)........ 

Sorry that's just how I feel. One might even mistaken Air Tech Challenge 2 with Air Jordan 4s because of the lace strap

No wonder my boss calls my Jordan retros and Air max 1 "expensive tennis shoes"

From that era, sneakers look all the same to him. 

I am looking for a pair or Tech Challenge Hybrid, or Tech Challenge 2 (US open or black leather/vachetta tan)

Thanks! 

Air Max Disciple, does the Air Tech Challenge 2 feel wide like Jordan 3s? Or narrow like Air Max 1s? 

New to this sneakers, as most of my shoes are Jordan retros, and getting more pairs of Air Max retros
sorry i cant help you with your question i dont own any ATC2 yet, for the moment i only have ATC4 and i am waiting and hoping that they gonna drop the OG ATC2 Sprite soon, so that i finally can own a pair of ATC2

A bit click-bait, but I'll throw it up here anyway...

Exclusive: Andre Agassi could be the new supercoach to reignite Novak Djokovic

It needs to be said, Andre hasn't agreed to anything nor has he even said that he would consider it.  The journo is just saying he'd be a possible fit.  Pure speculation.  

I saw thar today too but I don't believe it. I would think that Andre is busy with his family and charities. Just my guess but I don't think he would do more than an advisory role to a player as opposed to beinf a full time coach.

I saw thar today too but I don't believe it. I would think that Andre is busy with his family and charities. Just my guess but I don't think he would do more than an advisory role to a player as opposed to beinf a full time coach.

True, but I feel like he might be attracted to the idea of helping djokovic make a comeback. When the idea was floated over Kyrgios it was probably much easier for him to dismiss. Plus Andre has retired from power shares so hopefully he's thinking one last gig won't hurt. Personally I'd love to see this happen.

True, but I feel like he might be attracted to the idea of helping djokovic make a comeback. When the idea was floated over Kyrgios it was probably much easier for him to dismiss. Plus Andre has retired from power shares so hopefully he's thinking one last gig won't hurt. Personally I'd love to see this happen.

Yea but even the articles have quotes from him saying he's too busy right now with his family. I just can't see him doing it full time right now but more in an advisory roll.

Last edited:
I want a pair. So am I reading correctly that these released overseas last year and have yet to hit here in the states? In need of an 11.5.

They never released in the US. The domestic tennis market is too soft and more RF and Nadal driven. Agassi doesn't resonate with millennials the way he does with X'ers. If you're lucky you'll come across a pair at a Nike Factory Store or Outlet. 11.5 is a tough find though. I have a DS 1990 ATC III Mandarin Purple in 11.5 though, if you're interested. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Grape Cerise Comparison (1991 OG vs. 2016 European Release vs. 2016 Nike Sample)

Midsole speck comparison (1991 Top, 2016 Middle, Sample Bottom)

Top comparison. 1991 features a Cerise insole, 2016 and Sample has a grape insole

(L) Profile comparison 1991 Top, 2016 Middle, Sample Bottom

Exterior Heel Mold: 1991 R, 2016 M, Sample L

Sole: DURATHANE!!!, 2016 Middle, Sample Right (OG looks a little lighter, however, it could be aging or just the crappy lighting)

Tongue: 1991 Left, 2016 Middle, Sample Right (Notice how the 1991 tongue is noticeably taller)

Left outer profile: 1991 Top, 2016 Middle, Sample Bottom

Lace Tab: 1991 Top, 2016 Middle, Sample Bottom

There are elements on both 2016 versions that pay accurate tribute to the 1991.  The White tongue on the Sample would have been a sacrilege.  Hope you all enjoy!

the white tongue is an interesting look and looks nice with the white laces too. I'm ready for any new retros. on one hand I'm bummed Nike doesnt do more with the Agassi line but at the same time the demand isn't there sadly to keep making retros. I'm happy i was fortunate enough to grab a lot of the ATCs because they are some of my most favorite sneakers 

Reactions: ARK
abracadabra abracadabra

The OG is a Size 10 but the two 2016's are sz 9 (my size). I have a 9.5 OG but it's not pristine. I used my "A" example for a more accurate comparison.

Grape Cerise Comparison (1991 OG vs. 2016 European Release vs. 2016 Nike Sample)
There are elements on both 2016 versions that pay accurate tribute to the 1991.  The White tongue on the Sample would have been a sacrilege.  Hope you all enjoy!
REPPED
nthat.gif

After seeing the tongue comparison, I can confirm I'm not crazy. Always felt too short! I don't understand how designers and/or wear testers don't feel that the tongue is too short.

I might just be crazy though.

After seeing the tongue comparison, I can confirm I'm not crazy. Always felt too short! I don't understand how designers and/or wear testers don't feel that the tongue is too short.

I might just be crazy though.
nike like to make the tongue and the overall shoe height shorter cuz it will take less materials to manufacture the shoe what equals to cheaper production costs, if you look at the last pic the tongue height from the samples, you will see that the tongue sticks above the top eyelets and the tongue from the GR barely touching the second lacehole from the eyelets, nike have pull this trick on many shoes from them, some examples are like the air trainer sc high and the air max lights, nike can make a perfect retro what is the same as the OGs but the problem is they dont want you to own a retro what is the same as the OGs cuz it will cost them too much money and those cheaps bastar.ds wanna maximize their profits and just gonna cut some corners and thinking that we are stupid and will not notice
mad.gif

mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom