🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

P, THANKS again for hooking me up on those Adi0's. I love it when I go to my local shops and they stare at my shoes like the big boobed chick @the club
laugh.gif

another big thanks to Casper, the friendly ghost- can't beat $78 a pop 

400554016.jpg

Originally Posted by T21D

P, THANKS again for hooking me up on those Adi0's. I love it when I go to my local shops and they stare at my shoes like the big boobed chick @the club
laugh.gif

400554016.jpg

Hey Fred, are the shanks on your vapors black?

Fred,

Throw up a brief review of the Feds when you have a chance?  Do they feel more like running shoes or tennis shoes on feet?  Lastly, do they seem like they would hold up to intense to dragging or wear on super gritty surfaces (i.e paddle tennis court).  Have been wearing 2.3 courtballistecs recently and they are getting chewed up fast in front.

Thanks,
Rich

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Fred,

Throw up a brief review of the Feds when you have a chance?  Do they feel more like running shoes or tennis shoes on feet?  Lastly, do they seem like they would hold up to intense to dragging or wear on super gritty surfaces (i.e paddle tennis court).  Have been wearing 2.3 courtballistecs recently and they are getting chewed up fast in front.

Thanks,
Rich

These won't do very well on rough surfaces. The toe guard is made of a material that is just like an eraser, it shrivels up. they are a hybrid I guess, they feel like a running shoe but offer great support and responsiveness like a tennis shoe.

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

Fred,

Thanks,
Rich

These won't do very well on rough surfaces. The toe guard is made of a material that is just like an eraser, it shrivels up. they are a hybrid I guess, they feel like a running shoe but offer great support and responsiveness like a tennis shoe.
Kinda what I figured. Thank you.  I may grab 'em anyways on disco if possible just to see how they are.  The look has grown on me.  If they are as comfortable and responsive as advertised, they may be worth a try.

Anybody know what program Tinker uses to make those sketches on the iPad???

^ Yeah, I'm curious as well. His "pen" also seems to have a sort-of felt-like tip... like a marker-tip.  Interesting...
Anyway, some other kicks.

Delpo's

NM11WB-1.JPG

NM11WG-1.jpg

NM43WS-1.jpg

Shame they got rid of the "outrigger wedge" on the GR's...

Lol, at least Fed's actually wearing the current-model of his line.

No surprise that Fed's PE toe-guard isn't made of the eraser-type material.

Fed's also known to have super-wide feet, as evident here... 

NMV9GR-1.JPG

laugh.gif

400554016.jpg
How do the VT9's fit? I've found the last year's model to fit big so are these also big?

Originally Posted by kaczalas

laugh.gif

400554016.jpg
How do the VT9's fit? I've found the last year's model to fit big so are these also big?

They fit very glove-like and snug. I went .5 size up 

They're a GR... should be available at a lot of places...
For online, try tenniswarehouse or midwestsports

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Some new c/w's...
Vapor488000-1031.JPG
It's been years since I tried something from the Nike tennis line, but I'm seriously considering giving these a try.

^ It's not bad... most of the upper uses a soft material (certainly softer than previous flywire versions). More comfortable than the CB's IMO.

Thanks for that post P.  Those 1st Black Vapors are 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Might well be looking at my tennis/paddle tennis shoe right there for years to come.  I wouldn't be surprised to see those go quickly in that CW.

Wow, the Federer's and Nadal's are sick. I'll be getting one of them as I ramp up my tennis playing this summer. My Adidas Barricades are a little beat.

P or Fred, which CW are they going with for French and US open?  Have we seen them yet?  I  assume Wimbledon will be primary white of course with some purple maybe green hits?  rafas ballistec with those colors was cool a few years back- they should do Fed up like that- or even Switzerland Red and white for Fed would be cool.

P or Fred, which CW are they going with for French and US open?  Have we seen them yet?  I  assume Wimbledon will be primary white of course with some purple maybe green hits?  rafas ballistec with those colors was cool a few years back- they should do Fed up like that- or even Switzerland Red and white for Fed would be cool.
French Open:

US Open:

Pre- US Open:

Wimbledeon:

Pre- French Open:

^ Thanks. I actually thought the black/volts were for the US Open, similar to Rafa's in 2010.

^^^Yes, thank you AN, I like the blue/red US Open more than the French as they have mesh toebox vs. leather as it appears in the pics.  Maybe that will be different.  Wimbledon has some potential.  I still think the best one by far is the Tech Challenge-esque CW that drops later in the year.  That is a definite double up.

Back
Top Bottom