🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Gonna need some of these special socks! Nice video SP. I honestly think I am as excited if not more for the winter Vapor 9s versus Bred 11s.

Got my shipping confirmation today on the RF287. Can't wait to see them in person. 
nthat.gif

haha lucky y'all! can't wait to see pics.

Rich and SinnerP- they are selling PE socks at the US Open. There may be guys who post in this thread who can help you get them (no, not me!)

I got a shipment delay email for the RF 287. Its says that they will ship on or before Sept 5. It went on to say that in the unlikely event that they are not able to ship by Sept 5 the order will automatically be cancelled 
ohwell.gif
 i would be so upset if after all this time it was cancelled.

haha lucky y'all! can't wait to see pics.
Rich and SinnerP- they are selling PE socks at the US Open. There may be guys who post in this thread who can help you get them (no, not me!)

Appreciate it . Will put some feelers out there. If they have either player logo on them, that is awesome!:smokin

I got an email saying my shipment for the RF287 was delayed as well.  I called Nike customer service and they said that might have taken more orders than what they actually had in stock, so there is a chance that all of us who are getting the delay email might be SOL...

Last edited:
i dont understand why nike cant just push out refunds right after the onsale. they know how many pairs they have.they can see how many orders came in. technology these days is slackin...

hope none of you getting the shipping delay emails sold these early on ebay

I would think if they did oversell they would be able to tell within a few days of the order and not have you wait until six weeks later. The email did say it would be unlikely that they wont be able to ship by Sept 5 and they did reauthorize the charge on my card again today...So hopefully we get them.

Little off topic but,
Ok, so if your order gets cancelled, I know a lot of NTers have received 15% coupon from customer service rep.
I've tried once when my order WASN'T cancelled and only got free shipping coupon.
Any tricks to things to say to rep to get at least coupon code? :rolleyes

Last edited:
Little off topic but,
Ok, so if your order gets cancelled, I know a lot of NTers have received 15% coupon from customer service rep.
I've tried once when my order WASN'T cancelled and only got free shipping coupon.
Any tricks to things to say to rep to get at least coupon code? :rolleyes
If it's cancelled, you'll get a 15% off coupon. But some people can complain to a rep, and get a 20% off coupon instead.

I can't believe they over sold and didnt catch it sooner... in recent experience this usually means they will completely cancel... dont want to be the bearer of bad news :frown: Hopefully they will come through... i noticed some crept up on ebay (actual pics)... The shoes look amazing. There were some blemishes on the shoes and seller noted that.

Little off topic but,
Any tricks to things to say to rep to get at least coupon code?
eyes.gif
LOL. Why would they even give you a free shipping coupon for an order NOT getting cancelled? I remember ordering the KD IV N7 three separate times when they kept popping up on the site. They cancelled all three orders and gave me 15% off coupons + free shipping for each cancelled order. They cancelled a Gym Green order a separate time and gave me nothing so it's sometimes hit or miss. 

If it's cancelled, you'll get a 15% off coupon. But some people can complain to a rep, and get a 20% off coupon instead.
Do you need to talk to the rep or live chat?

Why I got the free shipping code?
I wanted to cancel an order right after I ordered something because it was less than 100 and they charge you shipping.
It was a pair of KD iv's for 95 so I was gonna add a pair of socks to make it more than 100.
Anyway, was told they cancelled it through live chat but order came. :smh:

Last edited:
I received shipping confirmation Monday around noon (PST), but when I click the tracking number, all I get is "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I haven't received a delay notification, but this doesn't make me feel any easier.

Last edited:
Finally got my shipping email for the 287s 
smokin.gif
 ....after getting the order delay email yesterday. So hopefully anyone else who got that email yesterday will get theirs shipped soon also.

Flushing Meadows and Packer exclusive.

http://sneakernews.com/2012/08/29/nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-packer-shoes-release-info/
The 2012 US Open is off and running in Flushing, Queens as the world’s greatest tennis stars convened once again for this annual tradition. One emphatic focus is on perhaps the greatest of all-time in Roger Federer, who shattered records with his seventeenth title earlier this year, and his signature Nike sneaker known as the Zoom Vapor Tour 9. To celebrate Federer’s arrival in the Big Apple, Nike has created a limited edition release of the Vapor Tour 9 in a Royal Blue and Orange New York Mets color scheme with the Nike NYC logo on the tongue and insole. A very limited quantity will be sold at Packer Shoes at Noon tomorrow, with each pair accompanied by an amazing NYC Tennis t-shirt designed by UNDERCRWN (a play of Mr. Met, tennis, and the brand’s signature graphics). $175 will get you the shoes and the t-shirt, but the tees will also be sold separately once the limited run of the shoes sell out. More of the Nike Zoom Vapor Tour 9 ‘NYC’ and the t-shirt below, so take a look and let us know if you’ll be trying to grab a pair as Federer tries to add #18 to his belt at the US Open!
nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-1.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-2.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-3.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-4.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-5.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-6.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-7.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-8.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-9.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-10.jpg

nike-zoom-vapor-tour-9-nyc-release-info-11.jpg

Last edited: