🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

He isnt, Nike came to him with the idea and he was hesitant. As you can assume he isnt the biggest basketball fan being from Switzerland.
Anyway he contacted a close friend of him and the guy convince him it was a no brainer.
Nike offered the first 14 Models and he choose the 3s cause of the cement print

I'm friends of his close friend and please if you know me you know how the guy is, so please dont start dropping his name in here. I really appreciated

What is?

I get he is now a huge MJ fan hahhaha

Hypetrain coming

Yeah that jacket was really nice. Much better than his recent jackets. I hate how they started putting RF on the cuff instead of on the chest. Now they're back to the chest and much better, imo.

I like that shirt Federer is wearing.
This, was really feeling that shirt.

The rf ep shoes were a main attraction at that match. showing and interviewing mj til the end. :lol:
Anyone notice at the end during fed's interview, the ep rubbed off at the toebox.

Last edited:
http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/26/jordan-meets-federer-presenting-nikecourt-zoom-vapor-aj3/

These Vapors have been sick in general. Clearly Fed's best shoe by a country mile. I'm sure this colorway and MJ at the open is just a publicity/marketing show for some free marketing in typical Nike fashion, but when you link up two of the greatest athletes and their best shoes, it does draw attention. And I actually think the colorway is a pretty solid hybrid. Certainly not as bad as some of the customs and ID's I've seen done in "honor" of the 3's.

This, was really feeling that shirt.

The rf ep shoes were a main attraction at that match. showing and interviewing mj til the end. :lol:
Anyone notice at the end during fed's interview, the ep rubbed off at the toebox.

yes that is from him sliding...

Lol... never seen so much activity in this thread... Nike hype at it's best!

Anyway... here you go.

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+-fmxuMWoAkSx.jpg

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+KYd-u6HFMnAx.jpg

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+tEbpnLNRyucx.jpg

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+Ncs_1AtNeKUx.jpg

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+zaIesikW9ICx.jpg

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+VnSyyaPNes0x.jpg

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+uWHfAn4n_jVx.jpg

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+pZMyiMTuSeLx.jpg

Roger+Federer+US+Open+Day+2+dn5S1RbPJeDx.jpg

Last edited:
Will this be the first time they've sold the Vapor Tours with the carbon fiber mid foot plate at retail?
I doubt it.  Nike has never (to my knowledge) released Vapor GR's with CF shanks and I doubt they ever will.  It's always been a performance-part for Fed's PE's.  In fact (and it's been discussed in here before), Fed's PE's are very different to the GR's.   Nike didn't offer CF on the Saville Rows... I doubt they would for these.  For the average player, it's probably not necessary. 

Yeah I knew it was basically a PE thing. I've seen your posts on this in the past, but I haven't stayed up to date with this thread. Just figure that with the increased price and the Jordan branding, we might get carbon fiber. Would be cool

^ Haha, this thread is usually pretty slow anyway.

But for $200 (or whatever the price is), you're paying for the colab.  From the retail-release pics, the outsole looks like the standard Vapor-GR. 

Last edited:
I haven't seen a pic of the sole on the retail version, but now that I look closely at the side shots, you can tell the midsole is different. So I'm sure your right about no carbon fiber. A little disappointing, but to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom