🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Closer look at Rafa's "redefined" Lunar Ballistec.

via RAFAVAULT.com

Just going to remain patient until a price drop in some colorways before buying. I still have some Propulse 3s on ice for upcoming season. lol.

^ there are 2 colorways out now... but we probably won't see new coloways till Indian Wells/Miami, which is in March.

Anyway, yeah Rafa clearly has a different version.  Different outsole + faux Flywire. 

i really dig Rafa's OZ crew AND shorts.
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageMANIKEA-NMAOG7.html http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageMANIKEA-NMAOG7.html
Local shop had the Nole's OZ night/day shoes. Other than the cw's and tongue patch, it's clean and simple.

Some x-mas pickups. Idk how I could have done without these types of forums. meeting alot of cool people with crazy hobbies 8)Getting rackets at cost and free stuff is cool too boot. The blackout speed pro was a TW exclusive (the mrs got that for retail). Story behind this was, TWE had exclusive rights to sell only throughout EU, but it didn't do very well. So, they sent stock to their US site. I tried to totally black it out, but Luxilon 4G 1.25 didn't offer that option.

Damn, Fred!  Becoming a proper racquet-addict!   How many sticks you got now?  But damn, getting tennis-gear at cost. Damn. 

I totally wanna buy the new Prince Response... I know I won't play with it much, but I just wanna own it. 

Didn't realize the all-black Speed Pros were initially unavailable in the US.  They've been sitting here!  I quite like the finish/look of it... especially the matte bits.  

Unless the TWE version is different from ours? Hmmm.

And you took the leather grip off!?  Heresy! 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Hello to all in this thread..

I started the thread about the vapors and ballistecs without searching first, so I apologize for the clutter.

Haven't played in either of these.  After going through a couple of Vapor 9s, I switched to the Gel Solution Speed which are great performance shoes.

The only drawback is that the Asics really lack that aesthetic appeal, at least to me.  I only bought them because when I tried them on, I felt immediate stress relief in both my back and knees,even before I got them on the court.  They really are ugly though. 

I like the way the new ballistecs look, they remind me of a cross between the new KDs and the lebron 10 lows from last year.

I'm also feelin the 9.5s, just not in that colorway.  Neither colorway really appeals to me, but I like the overall design of both shoes.

I wish I could just go grab a new pair of Air Tech Challenges from the local tennis spot
nerd.gif

I wouldn't recommend playing in ATC's.  Ultimately, they're a retro and don't have a lot of the tech in the new performance-tennis shoes.  

I suspect you'll tear the toe-area in a few hours... assuming you're a toe-dragger. 

I'm well aware they are a retro, and I love the old-school retro feel.

I rocked a pair of techs on court and they lasted almost a year.  Not too shabby considering I blew out a pair of vapor 9s in 5 months

I'm well aware they are a retro, and I love the old-school retro feel.

I rocked a pair of techs on court and they lasted almost a year.  Not too shabby considering I blew out a pair of vapor 9s in 5 months
Man, by all means, if you can get them to last, go for it!  

It'll certainly turn some heads... and probably leave a few scratching... 
laugh.gif

Got my Vapor 9 ID's in recently.  Overall very pleased with the way they came out.  I chose the Wide width option because I plan on using these for mainly casual wear.  They are a bit "big" on me, but tying up the laces tightly should fix that.
Nice.  These probably really look good on court.  I like what you did here.

Will these only be available on NDC, or will tennis sites carry them too?
I doubt tennis sites will carry these as they're not tennis-performance shoes.  They didn't carry the retro ATC II or ATC III's back then either.  

I doubt tennis sites will carry these as they're not tennis-performance shoes.  They didn't carry the retro ATC II or ATC III's back then either.  

probably online stores like UNDFTD/KithNYC/Citysole/ or maybe Jimmyjazz

I'd rather get a pair of Lunarballistecs than those piece of craps.

^ Please, allow me.   Not feeling any of these colorways TBH.
The white with lime ballistecs are the nicest colorway imo, but that swoosh really is way too big.
mean.gif

I wanna see the 9.5s w/o the graphic design around the swoosh.  Curious as to what they would look like with solid color-blocking. 

Last edited:
Found this pic when I was tryna find out when the lunar ballistecs release...

Also the women's lunar ballistecs are already out on the site where I get my tennis gear from. Gonna call tomorrow to see if they got the men's pair.

https://www.fromuthtennis.com/frm/p-32390-nike-lunar-ballistec-w.aspx
Is there any validity to the image? I definitely wanna test out the Lunar Ballistecs, but I'm not feeling the laser colorway.

Will wait until then.

Personally, none of those stand out to me, but I probably go with the whites with orange sole and blue swoosh. :\

EDIT: Found a cool all black color way of the Vapor 9.5s. 

Last edited:
Unheardof in Cincy got the Ballistecs and Vapors in this morning, and they are both insane. If anybody's interested, they'll do phone orders. Give Phil a call at (513) 744-9444

peace,
J

Back
Top Bottom