🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

rf97 best racquet ever made

tried so many others racquet to replace 85 

me coming from 85 st vincent

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/court-zoom-vapor-aj3-shoe/pid-10275749/pgid-10252874

NIKE-ZOOM-VAPOR-AJ3-709998_010_A_PREM.jpg

NIKE-ZOOM-VAPOR-AJ3-709998_010_B_PREM.jpg

NIKE-ZOOM-VAPOR-AJ3-709998_010_D_PREM.jpg

NIKE-ZOOM-VAPOR-AJ3-709998_010_C_PREM.jpg

NIKE-ZOOM-VAPOR-AJ3-709998_010_E_PREM.jpg

The NDC product link was posted on the Jordan Brand thread. For some reason, I copied the URL but didn't load properly. Sorry for the confusion

Planning on just walking into NikeLab 
"Hey Ill give you $150 on top of box, for these *****. And I want 3 pair homie"

looks so nice...gonna sell out in 0.0005 seconds on NDC though 
eyes.gif
 ...bet the one's that do cop don't even know who Fed is 

Last edited:
I've been a PS/Prestige Pro guy for a minute. The RF 97 is a war club! Definitely gotta have good strokes and timing to actualize it's potential. Serve, slice backhand, and vollies are MONEY! Solid as a 2x4!! Weird thing though is for all it's heft/solid feel, it plays at times like a newer stick ala Roddick Pure Drive. It's definitely stiff which is why on the forehand if you don't take a full cut, prepare to launch it off the back fence!

rf97 best racquet ever made

tried so many others racquet to replace 85 

me coming from 85 st vincent
That's a bold statement!  Can you really compare the 85 to the RF97?  I haven't hit with the RF97, but the specs just look too different to make a direct comparison.

Strung & gripped, I'm guessin it'll be at around the 350-360g mark which is pretty demanding! 

Time to retire the St. Vincent's!  Display it! 

To compare an RF97 updated racket to a st Vincent IS a bold statement. I've never used a st Vincent, but off the rack prostaff. Hell, I didn't even know they existed back in the day! The RF97 is truly a players players racket. A quick review from a weeks worth of demo. I strung it with roger's choice of lux/Wilson hybrid combo and took off the leather grip with a synthetic version.The plough is awesome once you get the timing of swinging. Mi****s aren't painful unlike the current rackets of today, where you can feel the shockwaves. Serves are on point, you can't fight it. Old head heavy rackets caused tennis elbow for me. Again, technology has improved, doing some gymwork, racket material and strings, make this stick a thing of beauty. As stated before, the RF97 is as close to what Roger will be wielding.

^ To be fair, I meant him saying the RF97 is the best racquet ever made was a bold statement, since it's so subjective.  

But I do love the feel of a nice leather grip!  Gotta feel the bevels!

Noticed a few novices at the local courts wielding sticks that had the RF97 paintjob on them... not sure which spec they were using, but I hope, for their sake, it's the lighter one. Watching them play, I was pretty sure the Autograph would have been too demanding for them.  

I held the autograph in my local tennis shop the other day. If I got to a 3rd set I know I would have to dig deep to pull out some first serves and I'd be late on some forehands for sure.

Picked up a Blade 98 18x20 though. Mannnnn. Thing felt great to me. Probably not going to double up. Just keep 1 of my Radical IG Pros as back up. I don't think I'll be popping as much strings with this string pattern.

Still on the look out for a POG for cheap just to have in the racket bag.

Played some more w the RF97 and wow, what a stick! You get the solid old school weight/feel w updated materials for firmness/responsiveness!

It definitely rewards you when you go after the ball. Flip side is if you're late or form is off, you'll be blasting balls off the back fence or right into the bottom of the net. The open string pattern gives lends it to hit like a modern/Babolat style approach without sacrificing the static weight it possesses. It's like a weird marriage of both worlds but I'm seeing its benefits with each time I play with it and get better acquainted with it.

The stiffness though could be problematic, especially if you use a real whip-like forehand, ala Rafa so string set up and stroke mechanics are essential for maximizing it's okay without killing your elbow.

Back
Top Bottom