🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

On the hood you see the stallion
Passenger a stallion
****** getting nervous
I'm passing out the valium

Drake/Future been at it :smokin

Where's the couple of people in here that said Drake was gonna have something real special for Budden in NY? No song, no video, didn't even put up any memes? Budden was right, he got too much dirt on him. He wouldn't respond.

As for streaming, told y'all mad times. That **** is bogus. I know mad people that stream music for free. That **** has nothing to do with record sales. The same fools that was buying in 2010 are still buying in 2016. Wasn't many then, isn't many today.

On the hood you see the stallion
Passenger a stallion
****** getting nervous
I'm passing out the valium

Drake/Future been at it
smokin.gif
Never forget

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.17475/t...e-in-tony-montana-video-is-a-slap-in-the-face

drake-tweet.jpg

What I did find interesting in that article is that Spotify has 100 Million users to Apple's 15 Million...

Only 30 Million users have a paid tier account for Spotify...

Which means 70 Million people (i.e. the majority of streaming users) are streaming the curated playlists determined with label involvement and essentially treat it as their radio...

Meaning a label could possibly keep songs on the curated "Hip Hop/R&B" playlists for a long *** time to manipulate it's chart positions.

Interesting.

dbd57bcbb3fff7245025a39061012200.png

**** wild g, they juking the #'s heavily out here.

What I did find interesting in that article is that Spotify has 100 Million users to Apple's 15 Million...

Which means 70 Million people (i.e. the majority of streaming users) are streaming the curated playlists determined with label involvement and essentially treat it as their radio...

Meaning a label could possibly keep songs on the curated "Hip Hop/R&B" playlists for a long *** time to manipulate it's chart positions.

Interesting.

Wrong, Spotify allows you full control to stream any song you want even on the ad supported free tier. The only time you can't is on mobile, and even then it just plays songs from the artist you choose at random.

Millions of people use Spotify desktop for free, try it out.

Interesting.

This is wrong fam

This is wrong fam
Wrong, Spotify allows you full control to stream any song you want even on the ad supported free tier. The only time you can't is on mobile, and even then it just plays songs from the artist you choose at random.

Millions of people use Spotify desktop for free, try it out.

I am aware you can do this on desktop but how many people sit down at a desktop to specifically listen to music. Unless you are already at your computer browsing, more people are listening through their phones in the gym/car/lounging around/walking/running/etc.

You can only shuffle albums (and they play the hits first and you get ads after like 3-4 songs) and listen to playlists on mobile.

Nice try tho.

I wholeheartedly believe they're just using each other. Drake threw a ***** fit after Future said he was better than Drake in that magazine article. Tried to kick him off his tour and replace him with Jhene Aiko until Future bought the lawyers out.

Now they best friends. I ain't buying it.

Absolutely.

Flex was all over the place the other night but one thing he was right about is Drake needs Future to continue to have a base in the "streets"/urban marketplace while he makes strides to be more pop. Future is using Drake for that crossover appeal which is honestly running thin now that the partnership is a year old and Future is getting rolling stone covers and **** on his own merit.

The Wopster up next.

Drake don't give out handouts lol. Everything has a benefit for him.

I wholeheartedly believe they're just using each other. Drake threw a ***** fit after Future said he was better than Drake in that magazine article. Tried to kick him off his tour and replace him with Jhene Aiko until Future bought the lawyers out.

Now they best friends. I ain't buying it.

Always found that relationship kinda strange considering all the history.

I also remember that **** about the tour. :lol:

***** Drake was being wild petty for that.

As for streaming, told y'all mad times. That **** is bogus. I know mad people that stream music for free. That **** has nothing to do with record sales. The same fools that was buying in 2010 are still buying in 2016. Wasn't many then, isn't many today.

The amount of ppl buying albums has dropped significantly since 2010 lets be real. This is why counting pure sales is outdated when most ppl stream music.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Flex was all over the place the other night but one thing he was right about is Drake needs Future to continue to have a base in the "streets"/urban marketplace while he makes strides to be more pop. Future is using Drake for that crossover appeal which is honestly running thin now that the partnership is a year old and Future is getting rolling stone covers and **** on his own merit.

The Wopster up next.

Drake don't give out handouts lol. Everything has a benefit for him.

Both are willing to sweep whatever issues they had under the rug for music.

I remember the issues they had early on and then Future saying something about WATTBA.

Last edited:

The amount of ppl buying albums has dropped significantly since 2010 lets be real. This is why counting pure sales is outdated when most ppl stream music.

So millions of people streaming for free should count as a sale? Of course sales drop every year.

Drake and Future both B made for even being cool after that situation. Soft *** men these days.

I don't know how Drake can even do music with Gucci after he was shidding on him. Where's the men at? Have some pride. Stand up.

Last edited:
Both are willing to sweep whatever issues they had under the rug for music.

I remember the issues they had early on and then Future saying something about WATTBA.

Pretty much.

What makes the pairing even funnier is the fact that Meek had a lil hand in bringing attention to Future during his "three peat". Meek just got outta jail.....confirmed the relationship with Nicki and had a lot of attention. He'd say Future was the only dude he listened to, and post IG clips of songs from Monster and Beast Mode. This sht really hurt Meek when Drake tweeted Future's album, but didn't say a word about Meek's. That's what kicked that rant off. And then they do a collab album shortly after? Meek had to be hurt.

It's crazy cuz Drake didn't start ***** with Future again til he seen the momentum getting real....and the streets messing with it tough. Ds2 was set to have 0 features....and Drake made the call to jump on it a week before release, and boom....here we are today.

I actually don't mind Drake and Future collabs. They got good energy...and the songs are good for certain occasions.

So millions of people streaming for free should count as a sale? Of course sales drop every year.

Drake and Future both B made for even being cool after that situation. Soft *** men these days.

I don't know how Drake can even do music with Gucci after he was shidding on him. Where's the men at? Have some pride. Stand up.

Nas and Jay situation was worse. Are they ***** made for being cool? I can go deeper with hiphop beefs where later they became cool.

Should it only be paid subscribers that count?

Spotify's business model allows free users I feel like this is a whole new conversation being brought up just to downplay streaming.

Last edited:
Future getting covers on his own merit LMFAO

***** the future clone is doing better than the original get that **** outta here. That ***** is literally riding the coat tails of drake on this tour.

HIS BIGGEST STUFF IS WITH DRAKE

he's been on a downward spiral since what a time :rofl: nobody even listens to that trash he dropped recently

***** the future clone is doing better than the original get that **** outta here. That ***** is literally riding the coat tails of drake on this tour.

he's been on a downward spiral since what a time :rofl: nobody even listens to that trash he dropped recently

Low life
Wicked
I got the keys

His last 3 singles. All hits. All platinum.

Fetty wap tore up the charts too just by being the new artist with a hot song, but he's pretty much done now, next year desiigner will have the same fate

Future has been doing this since 2010 and has most definitely kept the streets fed

Desiigners career will disappear like WALA...MAGIC

Last edited:
Low life
Wicked
I got the keys

His last 3 singles. All hits. All platinum.
HIS?? Lmaoooo

Who is low life with?? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji] oh that's right a bigger artist than him

I got the keys what did future even say on that song besides I got the keys :rofl: :rofl: oh and wait and who is on that song? Jay z... another....gasp...[emoji]128563[/emoji] Bigger artist than him. At this point they doing your boy charity, "hey future come be on this song and say three words...we know you're not adding anything to the song, I see your career is kinda falling off so we gon help you out bruh"

Y'all need will in here these excuses pathetic

Fetty wap tore up the charts too just by being the new artist with a hot song, but he's pretty much done now, next year desiigner will have the same fate

Future has been doing this since 2010 and has most definitely kept the streets fed

Desiigners career will disappear like WALA...MAGIC

Riiiiiight. Funny how the "streets" never gave him a platnium album either. He had to link up with mr Midas touch.

Desiigner gon be good cuz he has the goat Kanye backing him. In the meantime watch how your boy career declines. It's already started [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Riiiiiight. Funny how the "streets" never gave him a platnium album either. He had to link up with mr Midas touch.

Desiigner gon be good cuz he has the goat Kanye backing him. In the meantime watch how your boy career declines. It's already started [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Ds2 is platinum.....

Record sales only matter when Aubrey has them. Everyone else it doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom