🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

:nerd:

come to think of it, I think Fake Love was on one of those video snippets from a few months back :nerd:

I wonder how much music son is sitting on

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, I think Drake wanted Views to be his magnum opus and he put too much into it making it a jumbled body of work as a whole. It was pretty much a collection of everything he did since Take Care to when it came out. It's crazy how all the songs released since outdo mostly everything on the album

To me, I think Drake wanted Views to be his magnum opus and he put too much into it making it a jumbled body of work as a whole. It was pretty much a collection of everything he did since Take Care to when it came out. It's crazy how all the songs released since outdo mostly everything on the album
I think it's time for him to push the boundaries a bit. He's never taken any risks. One of the things that made Kanye great is that every album was a reinvention for better or worse. For the most part Drake has played it safe. His music is starting to sound template based. Even "fake love" sounds like they went into the studio and hit "drake template #5" and that's what came out. 

Last edited:

I think it's time for him to push the boundaries a bit. He's never taken any risks. One of the things that made Kanye great is that every album was a reinvention for better or worse. For the most part Drake has played it safe. His music is starting to sound template based. Even "fake love" sounds like they went into the studio and hit "drake template #5" and that's what came out. 
He has pushed the boundaries in ways. He opened the game for a different type of subject matter,  the singing and rapping combo, and it can be debated that So Far Gone had an impact on the mixtape climate. I won't say it was the first, but there weren't many mixtapes out that just sounded like an album, and had that kind of quality

Last edited:
He has pushed the boundaries in ways. He opened the game for a different type of subject matter,  the singing and rapping combo, and it can be debated that So Far Gone had an impact on the mixtape climate. I won't say it was the first, but there weren't many mixtapes out that just sounded like an album, and had that kind of quality

That's because so far gone was an album guised as a mixtape. He was signed to young money/cash money at the time and they funded it.

I listened to big amount and sneakin back to back... villain drizzy the goat no questions asked.

Big Amount verse might be my favorite anything he's ever spit tbh

I wish that boy would stop singin man. At least a mixtape of Big Amount/Sneak Dissin/Digital Dash/Hype type tracks.

Big Amount verse might be my favorite anything he's ever spit tbh

I wish that boy would stop singin man. At least a mixtape of Big Amount/Sneak Dissin/Digital Dash/Hype type tracks.

if he gives us a double album with 8-10 of the best rap /singing tracks on each disc, that's his magnum opus/his blueprint/mbdtf/etc.

I realized years ago Drake will never drop a classic album due to appeasing to people who want different things from him

Some want him to quit singing and strictly rap
Some want him to only do hype tracks on trap-esque beats
Some want him to strictly sing
& some want the beat change, 40 dipping the track in holy water type songs

NWTS came close...

Take Care had a few songs that could've and should've been replaced to make it a classic

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I always thought that was a dumb argument. Why would he need to replace songs for something to be a classic...

Dreams money can buy is dreams money can buy. A stand alone track that was amazing but let that be that.

Why does that need to be on the album for it to be classic? That's like saying damn Kendrick shoulda kept his verse for ****** problems and put it on GKMC and it woulda been classic :lol:

Every song on take care is legit enough to stand on its own. Even make me proud to marvins room...people still quoting stuff from those songs on the gram :lol: I thought a classic was something that stands the test of time...take care as an album is hardly forgotten.

I mean push HIS boundaries as a creative. I'm not talking about just subject matter or quality. I'm speaking creatively overall. He's been too reliant on the same formula. I referenced Kanye as an example who has albums that are radically different from one another. Or even Kendrick.

Back
Top Bottom