🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Anyone peep the way he says "Only on Camera" on camera?

He got the "Tony Montana" flow on that 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Wanted to add a mini-review just for the hell of it:

OMDB - Nice opening track. Had me really excited for the album. Lyrics were good/entertaining (Jordan's hoop earring, outcome is income, white women...slave to the %%@%%....playing the field "negro", etc...) and the beat was subtle but hard. 4.5/5
SFM - Another solid track. Album so far plays like TML with 2 smooth tracks to open the disc. 3.5/5
Headlines - Fire when I first heard it. But at this point, it's been played more than enough times. 5/5 back in the summer. 4/5 now.
CL - 2 minutes for the beat to drop... And the song is only 3:29. But it's a solid song nonetheless. The Dream...I mean, the Weeknd held his own. 4/5
TC -
indifferent.gif
This is house music, a dead $+% "club" song. Especially at the 3:20 mark.
30t6p3b.gif
You dudes are really feeling this?? This is a duet, man.
sick.gif
1/5
MR - Always been lukewarm on this track. And since it's been overplayed to death, I skip it EVERY time now. 3/5 in the summer. 1/5 now.
BA - KL killed it on The Game's album... But didn't really do it for me here. 2/5
UGK - Oh shoot, Drake actually remembered that this is supposed to be a rap album. Totally expected Bun on this one. Not a bad track, but I was looking for more. 3.5/5
WBF - Another take it or leave it track. Birdman's babbling didn't bother me. But the song was still lacking imo. 3/5
MMP - Song has grown on me since my initial listen. But this comes off better if you picture this as a Nicki track featuring Drake. Drake feat Nicki: 3.5/5. Nicki feat Drake: 4/5. Lol...
LK - Best track on the album imo. This song really reminds me of another Just track, Why You Hate The Game. And that's not a bad thing at all b/c both songs go hard as $%$!. Dudes are buggin' saying Drake didn't go in on this. The whole "making music for p******" part was
laugh.gif
. I only wish Just let the beat ride out a bit longer or play with the intro more than he did (only a 25 sec build-up?). 5/5
Cameras - *sigh* Maybe it's the song placement. Cuz coming right after Lord Knows, I'm just not feeling this one. The chopped and screwed rapping isn't working for me. 2/5
GOG - Ditto for this. It's better than Cameras but loses a half point for not being it's own interlude. 2.5/5
DIW - Ok, 3 straight RnB songs. I like the vibe and all, but it would have been a dope interlude instead of a full song. Stevie's addition was a nice touch. 3/5
TRH - 4 straight mellow ballads.
30t6p3b.gif
Again, this isn't a bad song at all. But it's placed in the midst of a streak of laid-back music. 3k dropped a nice jewel in there about appreciating what you have. 3.5/5
LWYD - 5 straight. But this is a deep song. It threw me off b/c I'm thinking he's gonna be talking about a female who dissed him or something. The simple piano that leads into the chorus works well. 4/5
HYFR - This isn't even a great song, but coming after the zzzz portion of the album, this is a very welcome track. 1 verse each though? 4/5
Practice - What the $%$! is this? Juvenile is rolling over in his grave. 1/5
TR - Dude really ended the album on some more smooth $***. Good track, but at this point I'm totally let down with the album. 3.5/5

After all the hype, all the "Oooooh, Drake's lyrics have really grown on this album! Wait til you hear it", all the "he's gonna change the game" talk.... This album is a supreme let down. Thank Me Later destroys this. Just my 2.

Why does it all of a sudden seem like drake is getting the kid cudi treatment.....IT ISN'T RAP OMG

still good music well done drake album is amazing.

I recommend any NT'er fan of Drake or not, to purchase "Take Care" this album is very great. Almost at excellent.

As a matter of fact this is way better than "Thank Me Later" and is an excellent album.

Why did Just Blaze have to do it to em' wit' that "Lord Knows" beat?
sick.gif
{
30t6p3b.gif

I give "Take Care" a 8.7/10

#YMCMB x #OVOXO

"Oh you a mothatruckin' funny guyyyyyyyyy, don't make me break ya Kevin Hart boy."
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I recommend any NT'er fan of Drake or not, to purchase "Take Care" this album is very great. Almost at excellent.

As a matter of fact this is way better than "Thank Me Later" and is an excellent album.

Why did Just Blaze have to do it to em' wit' that "Lord Knows" beat?
sick.gif
{
30t6p3b.gif

I give "Take Care" a 8.7/10

#YMCMB x #OVOXO

"Oh you a mothatruckin' funny guyyyyyyyyy, don't make me break ya Kevin Hart boy."
glasses.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i can never take this guy seriously idk y

Originally Posted by manslayer

Anyone peep the way he says "Only on Camera" on camera?

He got the "Tony Montana" flow on that 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I thought that too, wasn't sure if it was actually a play on that or not, because it sounds the exact same. 

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Context. You have to read the paragraph before that one.

that kinda makes it worse, dude is talking about him wasting money examining himself

Finally finished listening to it yesterday, theres about 5 tracks I probably wont listen to again but overall I like this album.

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

on a real note, i think its safe to say people who like r&b are feeling this album, and people who aren't fans of R&B are disappointed..
False.

I gave this album a listen from front to back, and I can say I wont be doing it again. It was clear that I was not the target demographic and that this album was made more for women or R&B fans. The production on a lot of the songs was excellent, but a lot of the lyrics came off as really cheesy to me. I can see how people would like it, but I did not find it enjoyable.

I dislike Drake (and all of YM), but I tried my best to listen to the album objectively. Take Care has done nothing to change my opinion of Drake. I won't deny he is talented, but the romance novel rap style doesnt suit me.

On a sidenote; Lord Knows needs to be rapped on by a harder rapper. That beat is
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I gave this album a listen from front to back, and I can say I wont be doing it again. It was clear that I was not the target demographic and that this album was made more for women or R&B fans. The production on a lot of the songs was excellent, but a lot of the lyrics came off as really cheesy to me. I can see how people would like it, but I did not find it enjoyable.

I dislike Drake (and all of YM), but I tried my best to listen to the album objectively. Take Care has done nothing to change my opinion of Drake. I won't deny he is talented, but the romance novel rap style doesnt suit me.

On a sidenote; Lord Knows needs to be rapped on by a harder rapper. That beat is
sick.gif
This is exactly how I feel. He's ok, not the seconding coming and sure as hell not top 10.  I get called a snob or hater because I just dont get his music. People (mostly trend hoppers) throw out classic and when I ask how they come back with "weezy signed him" "Did you not listen to that complex metaphor". I have to stone face them and walk away.

Back
Top Bottom