🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

You’re tired bro go to sleep. Best part is you will have to leave your little nest and hear these songs :pimp:

I barely hear Drake songs as it is. I still give “Nice for What” props for the Dip Set sounding beat. But the raps are whack. You do you though. Take Care..!

I’m a Drake fan and this right here borderline trash.... at least through the 1st listen through. He just sounds so flat and uninspired.

And dudes really saying So Far Gone and Take Care aren’t classics? *****?!?! Y’all standards are SUPER high.

Those literally changed the game

I like it...a whole lot. It doesn’t blow me away or anything—like...it’s not gonna change anybody’s mind about him. It’s 25 new Drake songs that are definitely Drake songs. But i’m a big Drake fan so i’m very much with it.

I don't understand people man :lol: like a new drake album is going to be like...every other drake album. He's like 8, 9 projects in. Your opinion on him is already made up. It is what it is.

So I might as well listen on release date so I can have a real opinion and not just be a hater.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

By what metric because despite his image and how successful he's been in the pop lane, he'll go down as a rapper who sings a lot, not the inverse.

So with that said, how many rappers who use this much melody have bonafide classics? We champion life after death, All Eyes On Me, Doggystyle, Good Kid, etc. in our culture as classics, so there's no way Drake will ever have classics in our culture.

I personally think he has a few, but in this culture? Nah.

Off the top of my head; the miseducation of Lauryn Hill, basically every outlast album, the score all classic and are melodic as hell.

Off the top of my head; the miseducation of Lauryn Hill, basically every outlast album, the score all classic and are melodic as hell.

I love those albums because of those melodic elements, but they aren't in the same class to me as the brand of R&B that drake ventures on. (Not saying they aren't better or worse or whatever) They are definitely very melodic, but they aren't full fledged R&B like say, "A Night Off" from Drake or "Shut It Down" from Drake.

Some good songs. Some great songs. Some meh songs. And a few awful songs. Seems like a typical Drake album to me.

Not sure what anyone expects at this point—Drake is what he is and he’s not changing. Why would he switch it up now with all his success?

That said, this album serves as a reminder that double albums aren’t the move. Very few, if any, can make it worth all that listening time.

And Ratchet HBD is thee worst Drake song of all time. :lol:

What's the point of making these halfway disses to Ye and Push? Might as well have just went all the way.

yep

that plies **** was funny on first listen but will be corny in retrospect

and am i missing something or is he speaking from the perspective of having killed X on mob ties? i dont seriously think he had something to do with it but why even have lines about putting hits on people and louie bags for body bags if youre a good guy (from his other song chorus whwre he tease the ye diss) and wont even diss someone who disrespected ur seed

its almost like hes trolling lol

this **** hard af tho

That Plies clip at the end of 8 out of 10 :lol:

Listened to it once fully and I'm mixed.

The album is just alright to me right now. I could take March 14, Blue Tint, After Dark, and maybe one or two more tracks and walk away with little regret.

Giving it another run right now because there were moments scattered throughout that I know will cause at least a few other songs to grow on me.

I probably want a Drake album after he's played the background for a years at this point (not saying that he shouldn't milk his run for every second possible) because I almost never want to hear his renditions of trendy ****. I want more introspection, reminiscing, 40 production, and top-tier bars. I'm tired of all of those being sprinkled throughout.

I'm feeling Side A. I'll listen to I'm upset one more time to see if I care for it. So far, the only skip is Mob Ties and Cant Take a Joke

R&B side hard. At this point, I wouldn't care if he left rap and stayed in this lane. The music overall is more creative.

The album is....ok. Not great but not terrible. B side > A side for me. I sure hope he didn't pay Hov for that verse smh.

Back
Top Bottom