🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

So I hear my mother whistling something familiar a few days ago… I soon realized it's the hills. Turns out the song has made it to the radio stations here in Atlanta. I don't know how to feel about this. Help. :smh:

Other Canadian thread homie

So I hear my mother whistling something familiar a few days ago… I soon realized it's the hills. Turns out the song has made it to the radio stations here in Atlanta. I don't know how to feel about this. Help. :smh:

:lol:

Yea I heard "the hills" on the radio the other day.

Lol so drake accidentally got pissed on his shoes by a drunk rapper and didn't want to get violent because the rapper was friends with TI. That is technically an L but Meek made it seem like it was an R Kelly L. Meek still lost

Lmao man y'all gotta know this man on a personal level bra

Can someone quickly explain how this all started. What I'm asking is how did it go from the two collabing on Rico, to meek just ranting on Twitter about drakes ghostwriter. Like what happens in between? Or is it meek is just bipolar?

He said Drake didn't write the verse he gave him on RICO, the other dude wrote it. Said he would have took it off the song if he knew beforehand. He was upset Drake hadn't tweeted about his album release and that he sold him a ghostwritten verse. Drake responded with the diss record.

Whats crazy is neither of these cats have given full effort. They both saving their best but this can't drag on like this.

I will say going back to back just to get after a dude and force a response looks a whole lot better than going back to back cause everyone said your first attempt was weak. That back to back concept was pretty well played by drake if you ask me.

How can Nikki do a song with drake ever again? How can Nikki NOT do a song with Drake ever again? More L's on the way for meek.

Last edited:
All Drake has to do is post the link to IYRTITL, or put out another video, he'll sell those 1,000+ copies

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Drake stan so those reference tracks were hard to hear. Yes I know what Ref tracks are. Whether you guys want to admit it or not it does affect his legacy... one of the best artists ever yes.. one of the best rappers ever no.

Some people do fail to realize that you can make the hottest songs in the world but YOU gotta make them sound good, those 6 ref songs would probably not have been nearly as good had it been Quinten releasing them, IMO

think of it as travis scott vs Kanye, an artist has a lot more to do then "did you write those songs yourself"

Ghostwriters make $$$ though I'll tell you that much

in the grand scheme of things, the "reference tracks" will do nothing to his legacy, get real people. As long as he keeps dropping hot songs, platinum albums and being the face of hip hop - this will be a small footnote only certain people bring up.

Legacy? Face of Hip-hop? What are some of you smoking?

You got it backwards, Drake will be a footnote in the book of Hip-hop. Just like Nelly, Ja Rule, Lil Jon etc

Last edited:
Those tracks will def effect his legacy. Everybody's not a Stan so it will come up whenever him and best rapper are brought up. He can be in that kanye lane as a great entertainer tho.

Legacy? Face of Hip-hop? What are some of you smoking?

You got it backwards, Drake will be a footnote in the book of Hip-hop. Just like Nelly, Ja Rule, Lil Jon etc

This, I realized yesterday Drake is the new Ja Rule.

It's kinda sad when you think about it, my generation grew up on Jay being widely considered the best, and of course we had the Jay vs Nas beef.

The new generation of rap fans has Drake vs Meek Mill........

Last edited:
Rap loses as a whole when the beef goes past the music, we indulge way too much into this, too many politics involved, we all lose as listeners

The 1-0 diss sounded like a response to charged up. Weak diss, weak response. Back to back threw the timing of everything off, dude literally dropped the diss and rebuttal before even getting a first response.

This, I realized yesterday Drake is the new Ja Rule.

It's kinda sad when you think about it, my generation grew up on Jay being widely considered the best, and of course we had the Jay vs Nas beef.

The new generation of rap fans has Drake vs Meek Mill........

Meek Mill isn't even that good, right? lol I don't listen to him, so I could be wrong since I don't listen to that much rap anymore other than Drake

At least Jay and Nas were considered at the top of rap in their prime.

This Drake vs Meek Mill is way too lopsided, to me at least.

edit: so, I youtubed some Meek tracks. It's not bad lol. I think Drake "wins" cause his music appeals to more mainstream (rap/non rap listeners) where as meek is more for real rap listeners

Last edited:
Honestly the only Meek track I've ever listened to his the intro from Dreams and Nightmares, which goes HARD, I still play it at the gym, but it still wasn't enough to get me to try to listen to his other work lol

Dead @ lil Jon [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom