🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

No,

Wayne was a mid tier rapper in terms of popularity.

You realize Carter 1 was a slow burner? 116k first week sales in 2004 was not impressive. Future just sold 150k first week in 2015. To put it in perspective, Carter 3 sold 1mil in its first week. In 2008.

Wayne was a mid tier rapper at that point. It wasn't until his run of mixtapes and features leading up to C3 that made him a breakout mainstream superstar in 08.

Similar to what future is doing now. Future has had a decent level of success before this.
He said nobody bought C1 at the time, so I posted the numbers to show that dudes did buy C1.

Everybody in my hood copped c1 when it dropped. But then again we all could spit every sqad up freestyle too. My cousin who I've only witness buy 3 CDs bought c1 at the time that's how I knew that **** was legit.

My memory of C1 was really on the young dudes who was already into squad up was messing with it. That **** was like the bible to them dudes :lol: Don't act like C1 was some commercial
monster when it came out cause that def wasn't the case. Of course dude moved 100k this was 2003? Dude was on BET every single day, I was sick of seeing bring it back video. I do agree tho GO dj is what really kicked the new wayne off tho.

Then it all happened... C3 dropped. And in the words of drake nothing was the same

I still don't know why people say it's bad.

Literally after track 4 everything is fire.

Show me a good time
Thank me now
Miss me
Light up
Unforgettable

Then you got fancy with the breakdown :smh:

****** sleep on that album

I still don't know why people say it's bad.

Literally after track 4 everything is fire.

Show me a good time
Thank me now
Miss me
Light up
Unforgettable

Then you got fancy with the breakdown :smh:

****** sleep on that album

That breakdown in Fancy should've rode out for like 10 mins :smokin

Same goes for the switch up of No Tellin

Drake made it cool for Trap Rappers to sing ??

Bruh....
The main Drake Influences I think he fathered are Kirko Bangz and Kyle somewhat... Definitely not Future that's for sure

Last edited:
I like TML cause its pretty much nothing but bangers. The breakdown on Fancy is the worst ******* part of the song though. Soon at it his like 2:40 or so I just turn it off. Took one of Swizz Beatz best beats in years and just flushed it down the toilet

Bruh....
The main Drake Influences I think he fathered are Kirko Bangz and Kyle somewhat... Definitely not Future that's for sure

Probably the most factual thing said in the last couple pages

Last edited:

Bruh....
ok cool, but does roscoe dash get credit for future and them dudes singing?

Idk if it'll pop up but man I'm proud of this dude, he really made Back to Back a hit song, to hear the crowd singing it is crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol they played back to back at the bar the other night, hilarious, everybody in that *** screamin "shout out to my boss ******* wifing ******!"

Last edited:
Lol they played back to back at the bar the other night, hilarious, everybody in that *** screamin "shout out to my boss ******* wifing ******!"

back to back is really a club banger :lol:. drake would make a diss record that goes at the clubs :smokin. they must of played it 3 or 4 times @ this lounge I was @.

Damn meek

Back
Top Bottom