🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

The album is really just too long.

But it's pretty dope. There are songs I love and songs I like and no songs that I hate. I'll still be removing some for a more enjoyable listen.

Listened to it again at home on my speakers and the album really does nothing to me.

Maybe it's because with all that hype, I expected a true masterpiece. I will listen to it again in the car later today, but so far I like his others projects much more. 

I enjoy the album but I was expecting it to be more like "If Youre Reading This Its Too Late".

I really liked....

- Hype
- Controlla
- Still Here
- One Dance
- Grammys
- Childs Play
- Pop Style

Last edited:
So let me start off by saying I'm not the biggest Drake fan. I started listening to him after So Far Gone dropped(couldn't believe it was wheelchair Jimmy). Stopped listening after Thank Me Later wasn't feeling the sound. Really tuned in with started from the bottom been rocking since. I'm honestly underwhelmed with the album. Off the 2nd listen I rock with U with me, Weston road flows( reminded me of 09),redemption ,still here, Grammy, Childs play, and Fire & Desire. I don't care for LL Cool Drake but any time he's vulnerable about relationships he's at his best and you hear it throughout. I do like when drake is amped up which he didn't do which was a HUGE let down because that's what made him that dude lately. Sonically this is the most cohesive sounding album, it's like an attempt at a concept album which he said he'll never do because it'll put him in a box. It honestly kind of did put him in a box but overall good album.

Once Willchamberlain see these comments about Redemption he gonna comeback in here throwing shots. :lol:
Imma let these moist ****** live today. It's a moist ***** holiday right now. Say that soft **** next week tho I'm calling em out.
I'm going to say it y'all ****** soft if you catching feeling off them basic bars. Talking about I'm going to turn my phone off so I don't get a call from her or so I don't have to text her...

Moist

Album is pretty average. I don't hear any growth from him. Only song he really took some risks on is Keep the Family Close, production on that is something fierce :x

Few Thoughts:
-Grammy would have been the worst song on WATTBA
-Cutting Popcaan and Ye from the album is unforgivable
-Rihanna track should have been on Rihanna's album
-His cadence on the "A lot of n cut the cheque so they can take this flow" line is my favorite of the album
-Child's Play is a strippers dream
-40 is a genius

it's too soft for me.

I gave it a complete listen last night and Hype and Still Here are those song you put the album on for.

there are others that are good but nothing that makes you want to listen to the album.

kinda disappointed. too much drake trying to be Jodeci and Sean Paul. it's just not my thing.

oh and Grammys is pretty bad. if it were on WATTBA you'd all skip over it. fax

I wish these artists would just give us what we want and not what they want to turn into because they have clout now...someone said Kanye and Drake dropped the ball for 2016 and I repped him because they're 0-2 with albums we've waited too long for.

it doesn't even have that single banger like a started from the bottom. and I have no clue which song you would pick. I guess it's hotline bling which I don't even count because I doubt that was even supposed to be on this album he just threw it on the end.

Last edited:
oh and A LOT of the punchlines made me wince. I dont remember which ones off hand but when you hear them you'll know exactly what I mean. like a bunch of his friends were throwing out corny jokes and he decided to put them on the album.

on the other hand I really liked the "I could GPS you if you need addressing" line.

Last edited:
Future on Grammy's 
pimp.gif
 Drake was trash on this track though

it's too soft for me.

I gave it a complete listen last night and Hype and Still Here are those song you put the album on for.

there are others that are good but nothing that makes you want to listen to the album.

kinda disappointed. too much drake trying to be Jodeci and Sean Paul. it's just not my thing.

oh and Grammys is pretty bad. if it were on WATTBA you'd all skip over it. fax

I wish these artists would just give us what we want and not what they want to turn into because they have clout now...someone said Kanye and Drake dropped the ball for 2016 and I repped him because they're 0-2 with albums we've waited too long for.

it doesn't even have that single banger like a started from the bottom. and I have no clue which song you would pick. I guess it's hotline bling which I don't even count because I doubt that was even supposed to be on this album he just threw it on the end.
I could not agree more with this. 

this album is pretty monotonous at the 1st listen, it's not even close to Take Care IMO. some cool songs but it's gonna get old very quick. i think it's his worst album to date.

Based on the first listen I'd put this ahead of NWTS but Take Care is still much better and his best work.

I think the perception of the album would be different had we had to go buy physical copies, first place you gonna hear it in is the whip, IMO that can affect the reaction to it

I think the perception of the album would be different had we had to go buy physical copies, first place you gonna hear it in is the whip, IMO that can affect the reaction to it

This ain't exactly the vibe of an album that's gonna bang hard in the whip :lol:

it's a bonafide R&B album off first listen i like it..... but if this doesn't completely separate him from the "best rapper" in the game talk then i don't know what to say.

Salty I passed on the presale tickets for the Columbus show because I thought today we would get better sections in lowerbowl, since normally shows in Ohio don't sell out, Now there is nothing left.

Resale it is, least we have till August.

Back
Top Bottom