🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

What rappers from Toronto have "rap in a headlock"?
 their sound has rap in a headlock. all the new production in the direction of wondagurl and eestbound. an example would be antidote by travis.  rappers making a lot of noise with that sound is tre capital, sean leon, tory lanez, hudson east, ye ali, etc etc. all the new music poppin up seems to have a toronto sound.
I know right. Kendrick is from Compton.
kendrick is the best rapper out imo. but people aren't copying his sound. new cats either want to sound like future, or like travis scott. not really a middle ground at the moment.

Last edited:
 their sound has rap in a headlock. all the new production in the direction of wondagurl and eestbound. an example would be antidote by travis.  rappers making a lot of noise with that sound is tre capital, sean leon, tory lanez, hudson east, ye ali, etc etc. all the new music poppin up seems to have a toronto sound.

kendrick is the best rapper out imo. but people aren't copying his sound. new cats either want to sound like future, or like travis scott. not really a middle ground at the moment.

I have no idea who any of these people are.

I wouldn't say Hov was riding Ye since the Blueprint days but he definitely kept Hov from being that out of touch old ***** since he came back from his Black Album break.
The Blueprint is top 5 album for me, unbelievable record. Kanye did wonders production wise on that album.

Last edited:
What rappers from Toronto have "rap in a headlock"?

I know right. Kendrick is from Compton.

Which is probably the biggest issue

Man Drake has been redundant since album 1. He makes the same songs and subject matter over and over again. You either like his content or you don't. For me he's always been a vibe artist and this album has the vibe I want to hear just like TML and TC. To point out this album has having bad content you might as just point out his whole career.

i do enjoy Drake's previous releases but this new album isn't cutting it for me as much. it just lacks alot IMO.

Drake goes back to Comeback Season/So Far Gone that the people swear they wanted but now everybody wants the new Drake
laugh.gif
Thank you. Exactly what I've been trying to say. This album is so much the old Drake is unbelievable aside from the Dance Hall songs which to me work well.

The irony of you saying this when Ye executive produced Blueprint 3 :lol:

Again, getting production is not riding someones wave :smh: plus Kanye had nothing to do with the song that hit #1 on billboard

The term riding waves is so overused on here, just like my mans on the last page mentioning people riding torontos wave :smh:

Last edited:
got news TLOP and Views both suck.

2016 album of the year still wide open, ye and drizzy fell extremely short. 

Album is boring and uninspiring imo. still don't know what I would rate it tho but it's not as trash as others are making it out to be. Average/slightly above average.

Drake is tired as hell at this point.

Don't ever want to hear y'all compare him to Kendrick again

Drake wishes he could have a album collection as diverse as section 80/gkmc/tpab

TLOP > this trash
Ding ding ding. This argument is dead. WATTBA and this can't compare to Kendrick last 2 efforts at al... like not close. The best rapper in the game just dropped a album that should have been released by trey songs or Chris brown [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Aubrey looking funny in the light, he had the world's attention after that Meek **** so he had to deliver and he Carlton banks at the buzzer.

Again, getting production is not riding someones wave :smh: plus Kanye had nothing to do with the song that hit #1 on billboard

The term riding waves is so overused on here, just like my mans on the last page mentioning people riding torontos wave :smh:

Yeah riding someone's wave maybe is the wrong term but Ye definitely kept Hov from being out of touch and sounding modern in the latter half of his career.

MBDTF was his last classic and more than likely his best album ever....

His best album without a doubt but yeezus is a classic igaf what ya say. That edm, angry, aggressive vibe on the album is ******* crazy. not every album is suppose to be easily accessible.

Back
Top Bottom