🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

When you're working with writers you usually already have written material/flows/ideas that you're already working with or that came from other sources. You send those ideas as a framework to your writer and then they add on to it and re-record their reference for what they think you should do with the structure that's already in place. There's more than just one reference track per record. People are just leaking Party's because you know his name. There's video of Pharrell and Kanye doing references for Jay in studio telling him how to say and deliver words that HE wrote. Or giving him hook ideas.

I'm not standing up for Drake. Could care less for his lazy half-*** lyrics.

I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of non-rapping, never recorded music *** dudes in here giving opinions on something they clearly have zero experience with or knowledge about.

Just because I record a reference for you doesn't mean I wrote all or any of it. It just means my job is to help you smooth out the final product and make sure it sounds the best it can sound.

So because I don't rap I'm not allowed to have an opinion? :lol:

1. Always thought Rihanna was considered pop... never heard anyone call it R&B.

2. R&B is rhythm and blues.... Adele can sing her *** off but there's nothing R&B about it

I'm out tho. Gotta go smash and get ready for more hoops. Hold the hate down for me fellas.

I understand what you mean but Rihanna can't sing either and she's considered r&b and on the flip side Adele could sing her as off and is considered pop.

Agree to disagree just to end this here

Rihanna ain't no damn R&B she's the big forehead version of Taylor Swift. Hell she can't sing either.

Anyone who believes Drake has entire albums written for him is an idiot. He's proven his worth his worth as an MC going back to his Room For Improvement days. If he gets in the studio and writes songs with other artists I have no issues with that. Plenty of big name artists do that. Go look on the writing credits on any rapper and you will see multiple writers.

Kendrick and Cole have multiple writers so can anyone explain how that's any different then what Drake is doing?

Reference tracks don't mean anything since artists send out tracks all the time to writers and producers to make their own version. Q Miller himself said he never gave Drake full songs so I dont even know why anyone would believe he wrote for him. Only thing I remember is Hold On being written by Majid and that's it.

When have Kendrick or Cole had someone write for them?

Maybe you just don't understand what producers and sample credits are.

Rihanna ain't no damn R&B she's the big forehead version of Taylor Swift. Hell she can't sing either.

I don't like them either I'm just saying some people put way to much in classification especially in hip/hop community where dudes still argue what is and isnt a "real" rapper.

Last edited:
:lol:

Drakes running hip-hop and you 30-40 old dudes still hoping jay z can put a decent 16 together give it up y'all dudes time has passed.

laugh.gif

Drakes running hip-hop and you 30-40 old dudes still hoping jay z can put a decent 16 together give it up y'all dudes time has passed.
explain how this thought process came about?

MC - Master of Ceremonies

It is about what you SAY.  And what you say is what you've written.  That's how it has always been.  No one is on the corner performing pop songs a capella.  No one is on the corner battling rock tunes.  Those genres are based on the MUSIC...there is no rock song without a guitar.  There is no pop smash song with no music.  Why even draw that comparison?  It's nonsensical

Hip hop is about RAPPING.  It's about bars.  It's about battling, with no beats, and no computers, and no gimmicks.  Who is the nicest?  This is how it always has been.

This new generation...MY generation...just wants a new set of rules, and I don't respect it.  

The truth right here.

Back when Kendrick called out rappers on Control and the ONLY rapper that got hurt was Drake and the ONLY fan base that got hurt was Drake's. I could already see how my generation and people younger was lost on what Hip Hop is about. Drake was mad and upset that he got called out and his group of stans took the same stance. Acting like Hip Hop is not about competition. When it's one of the things Hip Hop was built on. Now dudes want to make every excuse possible for him having a crew of writers.

If y'all are ok with him having a team of writers, cool. We put him in the group with Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Maybe Kanye, except Drake doesn't produce anything.

The running hip-hop or that the early bird special Nters seem to be the only ones complaining about good music being dropped???

He's getting ether at other places besides NT. THE jig is up.

And I don't think you get to change the core of what a rapper is because there's one guy who just happens not to abide by the basic principles.

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I ain't never in my life heard of a reference track being something an artist already writes but "gives" to someone else to "put their spin it".

****** is saying anything now

And I'm guessing you don't make music. People don't work with one writer. They work with multiple in multiple locations. They can go "I have this idea, what do you think" and send a framework with lyrics already down as what's called a "scratch." Kanye has these two where it's him mumbling nonsense on a track to get a flow down. That writer/producer then either rewrites what he had or layers and builds onto it then sends it back. You think ghostwriters are one dude writing a song and then sending it via gmail. No. It's a team of dudes collaborating and sending material and ideas back and forth to get the final product you hear. I've heard a Rihanna recording session. **** sounds like "we are the world" the number of people putting ideas over beats and she and her producers use what works. My friend mailed me a rough idea he had the other day and I expanded on it recorded how I think it should sound and sent it back for him to build on.

When you're working with writers you usually already have written material/flows/ideas that you're already working with or that came from other sources. You send those ideas as a framework to your writer and then they add on to it and re-record their reference for what they think you should do with the structure that's already in place. There's more than just one reference track per record. People are just leaking Party's because you know his name. There's video of Pharrell and Kanye doing references for Jay in studio telling him how to say and deliver words that HE wrote. Or giving him hook ideas.

I'm not standing up for Drake. Could care less for his lazy half-*** lyrics.

I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of non-rapping, never recorded music *** dudes in here giving opinions on something they clearly have zero experience with or knowledge about.

Just because I record a reference for you doesn't mean I wrote all or any of it. It just means my job is to help you smooth out the final product and make sure it sounds the best it can sound.

So because I don't rap I'm not allowed to have an opinion? :lol:

You're allowed to have an opinion but that's not what the discussion is. People are talking like Drake doesn't write at all and I'm saying that may not be the case.

Quentin Miller already told you he didn't write all those songs by himself. You just choose not to listen because of confirmation bias. You want to believe the thing that allows you to grab your pitchforks and torches.

I'm not even a drake fan. Just chiming in with some knowledge for those who are speaking on it without.

To make it clear I'm not excusing the ghost writing when he claims to be the goat rapper.

Just explaining what ghostwriting is and isn't for those who have it twisted. Just because you hear Party rapping/singing something on a reference doesn't necessarily mean he wrote the whole thing.

Again there's reference tracks for Jay that hve Kanye and Pharrell and Timbaland's voices on it. Unless you're arguing they wrote those whole tracks too...?

Really been feeling 

Keep The Family Close

U With Me?

Feel No Ways

Redemption

Child's Play 

Still Here

Last edited:
Idk man there are clearly better rappers than Drake.

I don't defend him as a rapper. He's a good entertainer and makes some nice, smooth music to me. It has it's time and place.

Last edited:
MC - Master of Ceremonies

It is about what you SAY.  And what you say is what you've written.  That's how it has always been.  No one is on the corner performing pop songs a capella.  No one is on the corner battling rock tunes.  Those genres are based on the MUSIC...there is no rock song without a guitar.  There is no pop smash song with no music.  Why even draw that comparison?  It's nonsensical

Hip hop is about RAPPING.  It's about bars.  It's about battling, with no beats, and no computers, and no gimmicks.  Who is the nicest?  This is how it always has been.

This new generation...MY generation...just wants a new set of rules, and I don't respect it.  

The truth right here.

Back when Kendrick called out rappers on Control and the ONLY rapper that got hurt was Drake and the ONLY fan base that got hurt was Drake's. I could already see how my generation and people younger was lost on what Hip Hop is about. Drake was mad and upset that he got called out and his group of stans took the same stance. Acting like Hip Hop is not about competition. When it's one of the things Hip Hop was built on. Now dudes want to make every excuse possible for him having a crew of writers.

If y'all are ok with him having a team of writers, cool. We put him in the group with Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Maybe Kanye, except Drake doesn't produce anything.

What about Meek?

Seems like your just building a strawman famb

Last edited:
First of all pitchforks and torches :lol:, I don't have it out for this guy. I just don't believe the words of some guy who was on retainer for this N.

Second, I know plenty of people who make music and not just your average "let's go to the stu and record" *** dudes. So I'm familiar with the process, but I also know dudes who lock themselves in a room and don't come out until their **** is straight. Not "oh listen to this and tell me what I need to adjust." Yea, everybody is different, but excuse me if I expect more from Drake.

You bringing up Jay having dudes make songs for him doesn't really fly with me cause I don't repsect the practice period. Nor did I accuse Drake of NEVER writing, I'm just saying dude is a lame for constantly stealing people's **** and claiming it as his own.

I'm sure we'd all be surprised if we really learned what goes on behind closed doors with music. Kinda like when I learned Dre took beats from Daz and put his name on em.

Back
Top Bottom