🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

this ***** just randomally dropped a album with 17 joints of it on a thursday night? the ****?

Y'all tripping. This MIXTAPE (emphasis on mixtape) rides heavy! Y'all comparing peoples albums to his mixtape which are most likely just dude going in the booth letting off raw emotion, getting hype or just throw away tracks. Plus y'all keep talking about old stuff. Like Hov said "N want my old ish, buy my old albums". Im a Drake fan but if he was still rapping with that 09 flow in 2015, it would be straight garbage. Some people hate because it sounds good to them.

Get car with some bass, a sexy chick and enjoy the album. Goodnight.
It's not tho 
laugh.gif

Creatively...it may be that. Literally...this is a studio album release digitally. If there are samples on here (haven't caught any obvious ones)...they had to be paid for...which means a budget was needed for this project.

It's not tho 
laugh.gif

Creatively...it may be that. Literally...this is a studio album release digitally. If there are samples on here (haven't caught any obvious ones)...they had to be paid for...which means a budget was needed for this project.
So his deal is up with CM with this release?

Did Drake pull a Beyonce and say **** you to Birdman & Slim, or this just a tape?

I need answerz? Who has them?

Also, Drake was done with his deal before Take Care or before NWTS. I can't remember. "So Far So Gone" was also released as an album. I'm not sure how many he has left on his new deal though.

In correct. So Far Gone was put through his own imprint. Go look at the linear notes...Cash Money had nothing to do w/ that.

He also NEVER signed a new deal w/ them.

I don't really listen to Drake or follow his music BUT I remember they made a big deal out of him dropping an album and being able to leave. Would he leave and should he. I thought he was a fool for staying with them because he's a big name and didn't need Cash Money anymore. I could be wrong but I thought he signed with them again. They also released So Far Gone as a retail album that was under Cash Money.

Birdman on IG promoting this album.

Last edited:
It's not tho :lol:

Or he just had the dough to put up on samples and drop a mixtape. I'm not dude and personally if its not making me money too, i don't care about another mans funds.

Everybody finally got what they wanted, right? 
laugh.gif

Gotta sleep for work tomorrow so won't be able to listen until after that, but just off previews I'm iffy. I was expecting to get hit with some hard tracks and Drake just lurking everything like Draft Day, Trophies, 0-100, 6 God but based off previews it's more like Take Care than anything. But it's Drake. I'm at least expecting it to be good. Just not the style I wanted. We'll see.

if this dude pulled this power move on Birdman then lmaoooooooo

it makes sense especially with the title ....who knows tho

I don't really listen to Drake or follow his music BUT I remember they made a big deal out of him dropping an album and being able to leave. Would he leave and should he. I thought he was a fool for staying with them because he's a big name and didn't need Cash Money anymore. I could be wrong but I thought he signed with them again. They also released So Far Gone as a retail album that was under Cash Money.
I haven't read anything saying he re-signed. 

You're right about SF. However, most record deals do not consider Extended Plays as being the same as Studio Albums.

Also, Drake was done with his deal before Take Care or before NWTS. I can't remember. "So Far So Gone" was also released as an album. I'm not sure how many he has left on his new deal though.
In correct. So Far Gone was put through his own imprint. Go look at the linear notes...Cash Money had nothing to do w/ that.

He also NEVER signed a new deal w/ them.

Birdman on IG promoting this album.
Getting all the last checks he can 
roll.gif

Beats are hot. This just doesn't have as much emotion or passion as he did in Take Care....or even some songs on NWTS. Sounds like something he cooked up quickly.

After listening to this, there'se only 1 logical conclusion:

Either

THis ***** tryna ruin his own carerr or some **** tryna use all these flows but sounding wack af in the process.
Like this ***** know he got a name and gives negative infiniti dambs how much mud he gets on it.
I peeped he was straying, but that ***** Diddy musta accelerated the process n slapped some down syndrome into that boy. :smh:

or

Rap is telling me I need to move on cus if this is whats hot, it dont want me to be audience to it.

Did you like NWTS? I'm just wondering.

I skimmed it once and never listened to it. It didnt grab me but I never really gave it an honest try.
That single, worst behavior sucked to me. Started ffrom the bottom was some abc ****, but I see was he was doin, and it aint sound bad.

I was early to dude, cus i found out the Degrassi dude rapped, found all his youtubes and was shocked cus he was nice. SO i followed
his moves... that SO far gone was sik....
Thank me latr was a strong effort ( the future was bright) Take Care was a shift, but I dug most of it, so it was cool.
But my attention wained and he aitn really pull it besides a few singles n gems.
Now he's somewhere, where I cant follow...

Last edited:
Or he just had the dough to put up on samples and drop a mixtape. I'm not dude and personally if its not making me money too, i don't care about another mans funds.
Dude...nobody is clearing samples to give something away for free.

Go read the damn credits...this is LITERALLY a studio album.

laugh.gif
 @ the last sentence. We not talking about the ***** shopping...so where's the "another mans funds" comment coming from?

Back
Top Bottom