-= 01cenT's - Penny Hardaway COMPLETE 90's collection + my JORDAN/PIPPEN/MAX/B-BALL =- UPDATED!!!!!!

Growing up in a small town in Asia, I didn't have that much exposure to the B-Ball culture as to say the US or even Philippines & China. I didnt knowhow many championships had Michael Jordan won in the 90's or who was the future of the league. It was not until in '94 that my country receivedbroadcasts of NBA games; what a bad timing: The GOAT just retired from the game for the 1st time. So who were the most talked about players at that time? Whowere the next-Jordan or so they say? They were Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway!

At first I liked Grant Hill better than Penny. Most of my friends idolized Grant at that time but I had this sense of "pride" of not wanting to jointhe Hill bandwagon and started claiming to idolize Penny for the sake of being different from the rest! Grant Hill was huge and I mean HUGE in my hometown! Sohuge that there was someone dumb enough to open a FILA concept store(it closed down in 2001) filled with 1000s of Grant Hill posters, Hill height measurementsand a cut out of that Fila cushioning technology A2 or whatever its called. Hell,my hometown didn't even get shipments of Jordans more so shoes that areworn by Penny Hardaway! It was in '95 that my dad went to the Taiwan for a business trip and I asked him to buy me a pair of Penny signature shoes. He didjust that and bought me a pair of Black/White Nike Lambaste. When I saw them for the first time, I didn't like em, no I hated em! They were plain &dull + they were also sh*tty b-ball kicks. I thought that since they have no visible cushioning technology, the Lambastes and Nike must be "inferior"to GH1 & Fila. Nevertheless, I balled on them & rocked them to school till the soles gave up on me just to show my friends that I was wearing somethingother than the Filas. Oddly enough, my man-love for Penny grew and grew! I began collecting his trading cards (they have no value now), bought his jerseys (afew of them were counterfeits) and even tried to copy how he plays ball (in which I never succeed). But at that time I didn't have any passion for sneakerswhatsoever.

It was not until in '99 that my love for shoes blossomed. I'd moved to Australia a year earlier when I met a friend who is a huge sneaker head whileshopping for a pair of Air Max Battle Force for $45. We became good friends& he told me everything he knew about Nikes and the sneaker culture.I initiallycouldn't believe that there are actually people dumb enuff to buy a pair of basketball shoes just to look at them and let them sit under their beds. Myfirst attempt in buying&keeping a pair of shoes ICE happened to be MY FIRST EVER Jordan: AJXV Bred. My girlfriend bought me a pair of Sydney Olympic AJVIand my collection started to grow slowly but steadily.

I was introduced to NT in 2002 but I was never a Forum person. I didn't have the intention to join any forums more so making a post. So that means I havebeen lurking at this forum for 5 years before joining late last year,ha!! Thanks to NT and this forum: http://bbs.3ak.cn/read.php?tid=6398 , for the opportunity to gather enoughinformation on Penny's kicks, which was proven useful during my '05 around the world Penny's kicks hunting trip & more importantly for wideningmy sneaker knowledge. Around 2/3 of my collection was hunted around the globe, bought on the D-day, given to me as gifts & Eastbay-ed, while the remainingshoes were eBayed. There's nothing wrong with buying your shoes from eBay, if you cant find it…eBay it ha!

Enough chit chat, onto the shoes:

PENNY

AIR JORDANS

Basket Ball

AIR PIPPENS

AIR MAXES

2 of my favorite sneakers of all time:

OG AJ XV & OG AP IV with Li'l Penny Von Hardaway in the background
happy.gif

I may not own as many kicks as other collectors do & I may not also own any rare or hard to find PEs (aside from the Liquids all white sample),but at leastI can retire proud for owning EVERY single shoe model that was worn by Penny during his prime. Thanks NT for skooling & entertaining me for the past 6 years!

23/7/08

Ok, here are the updates:

I received AJ VI & AJ XVII Countdown Pack as a B-day gift from my girlfriend
pimp.gif

......and these two LOUSY!
sick.gif
retros from my friends!

UPDATE 6/11/2009: Just got back from my trip to Japan/Canada, copped these in the process!

Air Penny 2 Orlando (Retro) , Air Max Uptempo Lakers Colorway (Retro) , Air Max Tempo 2 Duke Blue Devils (OG)

Air Jordan Countdown Pack 3/20 , Nike 1/2 Cent Penny

Thank you for the compliments..its sad for me to finally leave the game for good,but Ive had a great time!

Originally Posted by 01cenT

Thank you for the compliments..its sad for me to finally leave the game for good,but Ive had a great time!
ur collection sick man !
y u stopin now ?
tired.gif

nike penny collection but you are missing a lot of pennys. A lot of penny 4s and the wht/blue pair of penny 1 just to name a few but props on those white penny3s are those samples?

scootie pippen is my favorite basketball player of all time. liked him over jordan! great stuff

Originally Posted by daDragon834

nike penny collection but you are missing a lot of pennys. A lot of penny 4s and the wht/blue pair of penny 1 just to name a few but props on those white penny 3s are those samples?

Yeah its been damn near impossible for me to collect all the available colors! I searched and searched but to no avail!
Im still happy to have everyshoe model that hes worn during his prime, even tho I dont possess 6/7 pairs of Penny I/IV in different colorways!

Yeah those are samples..I bought them in Japan for like $100, the reason the seller sold them because they werent his size!

ur collection sick man !
y u stopin now ?
tired.gif

The reason im quitting is: I have to think about my future,spending 1/4 of my salary on shoes wont cut it! Thats before Australia's damn taxscheme,groceries/food, my car monthly payments and other expenses!

scootie pippen is my favorite basketball player of all time. liked him over jordan!
Amen to that

Back
Top Bottom