03 Range Rover... Yay? or Nay?

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

Boy had one for 1/2 a year and ended up selling it. Too many problems he said. Don't know the specifics but my cousin also sold his after a year. Heard maintenance is mad expensive.
I know you are related to everyone, but Lawerence?

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

pretty good deal, kinda hard to find an 03 with only 50k miles. But the older ones like 03-05 have had a lot of problems, think about that before you buy. You could get lucky and it might not have problems but doubt it.

FORD, thats all i gotta say.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

A friend had an '04, it was always in the shop. Range has consistently ranked in last in term of quality and reliability, right behind Kia in the recent years. The old Rangers were good when they were under BMW. The launch of the 3rd gen in the early 2000 was under Ford and the craftsmanship was not up to par, to put it nicely.

I'd expect you to know better!
They were under BMW from '03-'05 and Ford from '06-'08 and now under Tata Motors.
The V8 in earlier models I believe is the same 4.4 V8 you'd find in a E39 540i, E38 740i/L, E63 X5 4.4.
After a facelift for MY2006, Jaguar V8's were used since it was owned by Ford who also owns Jag.

Originally Posted by nicefro

Originally Posted by wj4

A friend had an '04, it was always in the shop. Range has consistently ranked in last in term of quality and reliability, right behind Kia in the recent years. The old Rangers were good when they were under BMW. The launch of the 3rd gen in the early 2000 was under Ford and the craftsmanship was not up to par, to put it nicely.

I'd expect you to know better!
They were under BMW from '03-'05 and Ford from '06-'08 and now under Tata Motors.
The V8 in earlier models I believe is the same 4.4 V8 you'd find in a E39 540i, E38 740i/L, E63 X5 4.4.
After a facelift for MY2006, Jaguar V8's were used since it was owned by Ford who also owns Jag.
All I know is that they were sold to Ford in the early 2000's when the Rover Group split. And the only reason I know this is because I usedto chat with the GM at the local Volvo/Ford/Jag dealership when my mom took her car in for service. I don't know everything about every car, man. I'mnot a 16 yrs old who read car facts all day.
laugh.gif

i got a 04 and love it, white on white...u turn heads with that car..

but it does have its problems, manly electrical...get a use one with warranty and u all set fam

if you got money for maintenance then go ahead. i used to work at j.d. power & associates, rovers and jags were the most complained about on surveysbecause of the problems.

Just Dont do it.................................Im getting ready to buy my first car (im 15) and I was always looking on craigslist bring cars to my dad and all I can say do not buyy a range..................There sharp in all but the will break down in a second dont do it!!!!!!

Its a bad hit when you go to google 03 range and the first thing that comes up is 03 range rover problems

Back
Top Bottom