10 Years - '99 Retro Air Jordan IV's

MAN I WANT SOME!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

My first pair are beaters, but my second pair has only been worn around3-4 times and look DS. The 99' bred Retro is my favorite shoe of all time. I'lland post some pics later.

I unDS'd my pair on my birthday this year, August 13th. I turned 29. I've been itching to wear them, i it was just the perfect moment.

Crystal clear air units, still surprises me.

i rocked them for about 7 hours, dinner, dessert, and then we walked around downtown Evanston for a couple hours. Some of the most comfy kicks i own!

img2170b.jpg

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

That's the best thing about collecting shoes (I'm not a collector). Almost anything else that you would collect (outside of sneakers) would take 10 years just to DOUBLE in value. But these Jordans, on the other hand JUST made 10, and they have already QUADRUPLED in value. I guess this is why every day you got someone waking up deciding to become a "sneaker collector".
smh.gif
ummmm.... they actually quadrupled in value around 2004...

solid ds pairs go for 6-7x the original $99 price tags nowadays....

and as for the influx of newbie"sneaker collectors" - well thats just due to the hype and being the "it" thing nowadays... smh...

Originally Posted by CanIFly34

Originally Posted by jon4rd

wish i could find a wearable pair thats not beat
Word

i got 4 pairs of blk.cements in DS crispy clean wearable condition, purchased my self from the FL glendale galleria... 2 sz.10.5 and 2 sz.11.... not reallythinking bout selling them but if the price is right anything can happen... og box, rc, and ht all included... pm me for pics but I wanna know how much youwilling to spend first!!! muhahahahaha...

Originally Posted by Sick Kikz

Mine are still ds, and the right shoe is completely wearable, but the left looks like sum chipping mite occur soon.
so in essence they are not wearable... unless you plan on rockin the the right one and a pegleg on your left
roll.gif

and from the look of your air bubbles i bet one step in either shoe on concrete = gold dust

man i love this shoe- both the Blk/Red and the Wht/Cmnt--
i have had 8 pairs over the past 5 years--now i am down to 3 pairs
a pair of Blk/Rd sz 11 that the sole just fell apart on me.
and i have another Blk/Rd sz 11 that are great- wearable and still VNDS
and a pair of Wht/Cmnt sz 10.5 that are wearable and VNDS
right now i am thinking of selling them- just might keep the busted pair for looks in the closet.

My favorite Air Jordan of all time. I still have and wear my 99 retro white/blk and blk/red/grey pairs. I had doubles of both but felt that by the time I wasready to wear them they would fall apart. I sold them figuring I would give someone the chance to rock them and enjoy them instead of them rotting in mycloset. The netting, the materials, the NIKE AIR....they are imo the greatest retros of all time. I hate that the fire reds and militarys are so doodoo. Thosecolorways deserve better.

Admittedly, I do not have the '99 Wht/Blk IV. I expect it to be retroed again soon, sadly in the smaller, newer version of the
4 retro.

Shoudn't have passed on these in 2002 for $225. I couldn't fathom paying such a tax...that was then...I have kicked myself for that.

Originally Posted by oglike95airmax

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

That's the best thing about collecting shoes (I'm not a collector). Almost anything else that you would collect (outside of sneakers) would take 10 years just to DOUBLE in value. But these Jordans, on the other hand JUST made 10, and they have already QUADRUPLED in value. I guess this is why every day you got someone waking up deciding to become a "sneaker collector".
smh.gif
ummmm.... they actually quadrupled in value around 2004...

solid ds pairs go for 6-7x the original $99 price tags nowadays....

and as for the influx of newbie"sneaker collectors" - well thats just due to the hype and being the "it" thing nowadays... smh...
ummmm...no. Solid DS pairs go for about $400. I have never seen a pair sold for anywhere near $700.

I have to say, while I am enjoying this thread and everyone's pictures and the reminiscing about the 10 year anniversary of the '99 retros...

What you guys are forgetting is that this year marks the 20TH ANNIVERSARY of the OG's!!!

I was 15 years old when the OG's released and I ended up having 3 out of the 4 colorways. White/black, black/grey and white/black/red. I killed them all.You can see my OG's in my first post in this thread... BEAT LOL

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Ah man, 10 years?

At the time, my sister and I wore the same size. Being the selfish person that I was, what was mine was mine, and what was hers was mine
laugh.gif
. I remember she got her blk/cement pair from a storew called Just For Feet. I'm almost certain that franchise has gone under. I got my white/cement from Foot Locker on Fordham Rd, in the Bronx.
pimp.gif

I went to Disney World that summer, and I wore the black/cements and my OG XIV lows for the whole trip. Ahh, the memories.
I remember when my dad use to take me to JUST FOR FEET for shoe's

Yeah man just copped a DS pair of white/ cement IVs bout three weeks ago via ebay. Dropped $410 shipped. That sounds like a grip but they're are worthevery penny
wink.gif
. The soles are slightly yellowing but they are very freshand very WEARABLE
pimp.gif
I'll post my pics when I getbatteries for my camera.

Now i'm tryna get rid of my beat pair Peep the Sig...
smokin.gif

cracked my blk/rd iv's still got two pairs left and three pairs of cements hopefully they stay fresh..........

The big story here is that, while all of you are talking about the '99 retros... nobody realizes that it is also the 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF THEOG'S!

I need to get my hands on a pair of white/cement's I hope JB retros these soon.

Back
Top Bottom