$100million on alcohol addiction and failed restaurant is now working at STARBUCKS

I look at it the same as people who blow their lottery money. Oh well, at least he's working.

Oh yeah, i forgot about that. Glad you ok fam.

Last edited:
It is good to see you back.  Hope all is well.

Better thread title: "Man tries to get life together after losing everything"

For clarification: yes, Vin Baker lost most of the money he earned in his career, but he's managing a FRANCHISE because he is in the process of buying a FRANCHISE. He has to learn how to manage it first, and that means learning every aspect of the business. He is NOT merely "working" at a Starbucks.

This is sad, but honestly how can you feel bad for someone who made over 100 million dollars

This is sad, but honestly how can you feel bad for someone who made over 100 million dollars

Where in the story is he asking you to feel sorry for him? Someone probably recognized him working there (not hard), tipped off the local news, and they got the full scoop. If anything, this is Baker's way of saying he's (more or less) fine. He admits he lost a ton of money, but clearly he's doing well enough to pursue owning a franchise. They don't pass those out like candy, ya know.

Didn't some lady win the lottery, spend like 2 mill on some guys bail, and then both of them got arrested for having drugs on them in their house?

Yeah this reminds me of that

Didn't some lady win the lottery, spend like 2 mill on some guys bail, and then both of them got arrested for having drugs on them in their house?

Yeah this reminds me of that

Yeah, that's pretty much the same as being an NBA All-Star, making $100 million, losing almost all of it, and then owning a Starbucks franchise.

this topic has been discussed in the NBA OFF SEASON THREAD. From what I gather is that he's working there as a prerequisite to own a starbucks franchise.

OP hold your head brethren..
Vin was one of my favorite players growing up, hate it had to be him.
Got me thinking about what happened to Glen Rice[emoji]128557[/emoji]

whether he had money or not you don't have to feel bad in an awww kind of a way, but you can be human and have some empathy toward someone who suffers a mishap and/or whose life has been affected by alcohol and drugs. it's not easy for everyone out there, superman

The reaction to this story is what happens when people don't read past the click bait titles. He owns a franchise. Those don't come cheap especially a Starbucks location. He doesn't have nowhere near what he made as a NBA player, but he's far from broke.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same as being an NBA All-Star, making $100 million, losing almost all of it, and then owning a Starbucks franchise.
Did see he owned the franchise now.

Thanks

Deutsche.

starbucks doesn't currently offer franchises in the united states to individuals, maybe he's becoming a store manager or this is something special that howard shultz is doing for him because of his personal relationship with him?

Back
Top Bottom