12/21/12 will it happen

lol @ people, including myself being disappointed the world didn't end. I was mad hype for the alien invasion.

I just want an apology for all the stupid threads over the years about this nonsense.

Maaaaan I wish the world ended.

I had to move my turtles tank from my desk today. As soon as I picked the thing up the bottom cracked and gallons of water poured into my desktop and laptop, along with my school work. So many files lost that I will never get back and I'm probably going to fail the first half of this semester. Great way to start break :frown:

We continue on to 2013 A.D. Earth is not meant to end, we can't get bailout. It's up to each and one individual.

Last edited:
Since it the day after the worldnwas supposed to endCan we say we are living in a post apocalypse world......

Bout to get my California love music video on
Or mad max depending on your reference point

Hal Lindsey famously predicted that 1988 would be the year humans saw the final battle of Armageddon, which would herald the second coming of Christ and the end of pretty much everything. The date was based on the idea that Jesus would come back one biblical generation after the birth of Israel (founded as a modern state in 1948). According to him, a “biblical generation” was 40 years – the flaming sword of righteousness should therefore descend sometime in 1988. 

Well, it didn’t happen – but according to F. Kenton Beshore, President of the World Bible Society, that’s because he had the wrong timespan for a generation in the Bible. See, the real length of a Biblical generation was around 70 years, which puts the second coming right around 2018. 

Few people are more renowned in the world of psychics than Jeane Dixon. Active mostly between the 50s and 70s, she is purported to have predicted the assassination of Martin Luther King, the assassination of John F. Kennedy, and the launching of Sputnik 1. Allegedly, Richard Nixon also consulted with her personally on the possible threat of terrorism in the country.

In 1973, Dixon wrote a book entitled The Call to Glory, which described Armageddon as likely to occur in 2020. During this time, the False Prophet, Satan, and the Antichrist (collectively known as the unholy trinity) would rise up and have an epic battle with the man himself, Jesus Christ, who would return sometime before 2037. 

As plausible as that sounds, don’t freak out yet. Jeane Dixon is credited with having quite a few accurate predictions, but she also has so many wrong predictions that she had a psychological phenomenon named after her. The Jeane Dixon effect is the “tendency to promote a few correct predictions while ignoring a larger number of incorrect predictions.” It’s like being a weather reporter in the desert and constantly predicting rain; you might be wrong 360 days of the year, but you’re the only weather man who was right those other 5.

Hal Lindsey famously predicted that 1988 would be the year humans saw the final battle of Armageddon, which would herald the second coming of Christ and the end of pretty much everything. The date was based on the idea that Jesus would come back one biblical generation after the birth of Israel (founded as a modern state in 1948). According to him, a “biblical generation” was 40 years – the flaming sword of righteousness should therefore descend sometime in 1988. 

Well, it didn’t happen – but according to F. Kenton Beshore, President of the World Bible Society, that’s because he had the wrong timespan for a generation in the Bible. See, the real length of a Biblical generation was around 70 years, which puts the second coming right around 2018. 

Few people are more renowned in the world of psychics than Jeane Dixon. Active mostly between the 50s and 70s, she is purported to have predicted the assassination of Martin Luther King, the assassination of John F. Kennedy, and the launching of Sputnik 1. Allegedly, Richard Nixon also consulted with her personally on the possible threat of terrorism in the country.

In 1973, Dixon wrote a book entitled The Call to Glory, which described Armageddon as likely to occur in 2020. During this time, the False Prophet, Satan, and the Antichrist (collectively known as the unholy trinity) would rise up and have an epic battle with the man himself, Jesus Christ, who would return sometime before 2037. 

View media item 182621

The only time that I'll take an end of the world prediction seriously is when the person who makes that prediction is willing to take their own life if they're wrong.

Back
Top Bottom