13 Hour Drive

Drove from Miami to LA when I moved. Packed all my stuff in my car, put my dog in the front seat and went on my way.

Spread it out over 5 days. Stopped and stayed the night in several cities (New Orleans, Houston, Vegas, etc)

My advice is to stop often and don't be a rush to get there. Safety over everything... Hated the feeling of driving while I was getting drowsy. I would do quick little exercises(100 burpees) and stretches to help me more awake & focused. 

It was a cool experience to check out places I've never been but I will never do it again  
laugh.gif

-Start driving one hour before the sun rises.

-Stop driving one hour before the sun sets.

-Only stop to fill up gas. Use bathroom, grab food, and water at this pit stop.

-Make sure the electric thing is working in car so you can charge phone.

- Don't speed too much. More likely to get tickets as an out-of-state driver. They know you ain't coming back and will just pay the fine.

I know at some point I may have to drive to Jerz from Fort Lauderdale...just dreading that long drive

That;'s a nice drive bro, You take 95 all the way south. You pass by some good cities and start seeing signs for "South of the Border" like 1,500 miles away lol.

My longest road trip was from Sacramento to Vancouver.

Scariest road trip was like in 2006 driving on Highway 1 from S.F. to S.D. Driving on Highway 1 at night along the dark ocean mountains cliffs from Monterey/Carmel to Big Sur to Pismo beach :x :smh:...

I drove from Seattle to The Bay. It took 13 hours with two hour stops.

Good snack + water :smokin

Make sure u have all of your favorite music to accompany you on this drive (music u never get sick of)..I don't own any audiobooks but I heard they are great for a long drive

U will have to call someone at some point just to *******t with them

I'd suggest bringing your own food (sandwiches, fruit, snacks, bottles of water) u will definitely need to take a break..but bring your own food will make the ride shorter

I drove from west palm to jersey..slept in my backseat 6 hours into my drive..slept 4 hours then drove the rest of the way..u don't need to waste money on a motel..but sleep in a safe area

Last edited:
Me and my bro do 10hrs from Baltimore to Atl like its nothing :lol:.

This ***** wil have 3 other able bodied dudes in the car, and want to drive the whole way himself. :rofl:

My mother as well :smh:

Last edited:
My pops used to love long drives. I didn't mind em also when I had my discman and portable TVs in the van.

We also did these travels with my cousins too, so it was always dope. 

Being Canadian also - I was always fascinated with all the American restaurants too, so I would get excited about what we would eat next lol

Longest we did was Toronto to Orlando. We did a couple over nighters along the way however. Good times.

Download some stand up routines along with podcasts and music. Between the 3 you'll be chillin the whole time.

im driving solo.

ill listen to the kane show while i drive good suggestion.

what kinda snacks yall eating?

That;'s a nice drive bro, You take 95 all the way south. You pass by some good cities and start seeing signs for "South of the Border" like 1,500 miles away lol.

Yeah like finally boring n.c. is coming to an end...now boring *** s.c.

I drive NY - SC at least 2 x a year. I usually leave about 10-11pm and get there the next morning or afternoon if I have to take a nap. I have traffic allergies so unless you pass through MA-DC-VA in the wee hours you will be stuck in traffic. Even overnight has delays sometimes because of construction. Good music is must...

im in Baltimore.

drove to talahassee FL on a Friday. drove back on the next day...

forgot how many hours it took.

Bruh, that's like 34 hours

Da hell would you do that to yourself for

I've gone from DC to Orlando.

Never again.

Last edited:
Longest drive i have ever done... Any tips? planning to drive half 7 hours first day then sleeping in my car? or motel... then waking up and driving the rest.

Driving from DC to St Louis. Passing directly through louisville, ky

tips will be aprreciated!
What part of stl you visiting?

Longest drive i have ever done... Any tips? planning to drive half 7 hours first day then sleeping in my car? or motel... then waking up and driving the rest.

:lol: I'm a road trip/map studying/highway buff. Drove 8hrs from Alabama to St. Louis, Missouri. Took I-65 all the way to Kentucky branched off shy of Louisville via I-24 west drove until we hit I-57 North then hit I-64 west thru Illinois straight into the heart of downtown STL. That was the long *** way we took when I realized :smh: :smh:. Return trip was shorter took I-55 South out of Missouri came down into Arkansas a brief moment then entered Tennessee thru Memphis got off I-55 traveled thru the heart of M-town until we hit U.S. 78 east out of the city (S/o NIKE Distribution warehouse :lol:). U.S. 78 / I-22 East cut thru the northeast section of Mississippi back into Alabama. Find the straight shot routes to take is my advice.

I ain't read ****. Just hope this drive for some P cause that's a mission.

:lol: I'm a road trip/map studying/highway buff. Drove 8hrs from Alabama to St. Louis, Missouri. Took I-65 all the way to Kentucky branched off shy of Louisville via I-24 west drove until we hit I-57 North then hit I-64 west thru Illinois straight into the heart of downtown STL. That was the long *** way we took when I realized :smh: :smh:. Return trip was shorter took I-55 South out of Missouri came down into Arkansas a brief moment then entered Tennessee thru Memphis got off I-55 traveled thru the heart of M-town until we hit U.S. 78 east out of the city (S/o NIKE Distribution warehouse :lol:). U.S. 78 / I-22 East cut thru the northeast section of Mississippi back into Alabama. Find the straight shot routes to take is my advice.
Sheesh
:lol:

Drove 10 hours from Miami to Panama City Beach and drove the 11-12 back. Rough man rough. I had friends with me that kept it interesting. Played like 10 albums from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom