18 year old shot by Police in Berkley missouri.

If you're being sincere you're just naive and should seriously stop trying to compare what you went through or w/e you think Asians are going through now to the black ppl or Hispanic struggle.

If you're not and I can kinda get a sense of that, you're extremely ignorant. It's severe.
Please go back and show me where I compared what Asians go through with what Blacks/Latinos go through.  I swear to God some of you have very selective reading.

Maya Angelou was a devout anti-racist scholar. She understood the signifannce of history and its impact on today. As a woman who lived through the Jim Crow South she understood how much has not changed and this too is emanated in much of her writings. 

If you're being sincere you're just naive and should seriously stop trying to compare what you went through or w/e you think Asians are going through now to the black ppl or Hispanic struggle.

If you're not and I can kinda get a sense of that, you're extremely ignorant. It's severe.

Please go back and show me where I compared what Asians go through with what Blacks/Latinos go through.  I swear to God some of you have very selective reading.
The very fact that you're in here complaining about Affirmative Action is evidence of what I just said. The fact that you're in here talking about grants and scholarships and your disadvantages is ridiculous. Like bringing it up was just dumb all under the guise of this is my personal story and this is how I overcame it. Save it for an afterschool special.

You should've stopped typing after "I don't pretend to know what it's like to be a young Black male growing up in America today"

Also, I'm not selectively reading anything. I actually refrained from posting earlier so I could read all of your posts and here you out given you've been on some similar **** in other threads. Only difference here now is you think you're saying something new about this don't live in the past, overcome your situation to achieve your goals rhetoric as if this is the first time a black person has been told that. Like I said I can't tell if it's extreme naivety on your part or insanely glaring ignorance.
Sure.

Is that what you and the rest are going with now? "We were being sarcastic the whole time guys! You didn't get that? Gotcha!"

FOH :stoneface:
You must be new to the internet, pal. You honestly think I was being serious? Embarrasing for you :lol:
Son I already know your MO on here man. Save it with that I wasn't being serious nonsense. Want to run with that new to the internet pal bull ****.

Last edited:
The very fact that you're in here complaining about Affirmative Action is evidence of what I just said. The fact that you're in here talking about grants and scholarships and your disadvantages is ridiculous. Like bringing it up was just dumb all under the guise of this is my personal story and this is how I overcame it. Save it for an afterschool special.

You should've stopped typing after "I don't pretend to know what it's like to be a young Black male growing up in America today"

Also, I'm not selectively reading anything. I actually refrained from posting earlier so I could read all of your posts and here you out given you've been on some similar **** in other threads. Only difference here now is you think you're saying something new about this don't live in the past, overcome your situation to achieve your goals rhetoric as if this is the first time a black person has been told that. Like I said I can't tell if it's extreme naivety on your part or insanely glaring ignorance.
Did you see this post that I responded to?

When you live in a lower socioeconomic area, you are less likely to finish school. Numbers don't lie. A lot of it has nothing to do with level of motivation, it has a lot to do with access.

I grew up in a lower socioeconomic area and went to the same schools as many blacks growing up.  I wasn't complaining about affirmative action,  I was merely pointing out that "access" isn't the end all be all to whether someone finishes school.  Education isn't and shouldn't be limited to what's taught in class, it begins at home.  If I'm the one being naive or ignorant, why don't you educate me and explain how racism plays a role in whether someone finishes school or not.

How do I prove a negative?  You're the one claiming that Asians were afforded similar grants and scholarships that Blacks and Latinos have.  So why don't YOU provide the data to support YOUR claims?

The reason why Asians may not have as many less scholarships as blacks and Latinos is probably because even though they are a minority in the country, they aren't underrepresented in higher education. Especially not in the technical/mathematic/science areas. I went to a small engineering school in New Jersey (Stevens Institute of Technology) and the asian population was especially large. Probably made up about 65-70% of the graduate population.

The reason why Asians may not have as many less scholarships as blacks and Latinos is probably because even though they are a minority in the country, they aren't underrepresented in higher education. Especially not in the technical/mathematic/science areas. I went to a small engineering school in New Jersey (Stevens Institute of Technology) and the asian population was especially large. Probably made up about 65-70% of the graduate population.
And what do you and the other posters here attribute the large percentage of Asians in higher education to?

Most of these kids came from homes that were affected by the system. You came from a home where your parent(s) were just immigrants. You can't compare a generational thing with a family that aint from that.

african american plights in America isn't fixed with just a simple solution like you're trying to make. It's why when I talk to my lady family who are african. They don't quite understand it but I broke it down to them and they kinda get it.

Just how you made it out there are plenty of blacks that have too but you still have a large number that are stuck.

America thirst to lock up blk/Latino males is one problem. Taking men outta these homes is setting up a huge disadvantage to the kids. And no I'm not saying every one is innocent but there's plenty of staggered laws that are locking these men up for an unfair amount of years.

Plenty of other examples but you're not gonna change someone's mind who bathes in your ignorant ideology

Slavery to Civil Rights to now

Youre not getting a group of people outta the gutter in 50 years when they've been there for hundreds. It never happened in any society.

Yes there was scholarships and grants available to Asians in the 1990s

The USPAACC scholarship has awarded over one million dollars since 1989

And what do you and the other posters here attribute the large percentage of Asians in higher education to?

A couple things actually. I'm currently searching for the article I read it in but in the 50 or so years that most asian immigration became legal on a non refugee/asylum status America "cherry picked" the ones they did allow to come through such as engineers, scientists, and business men. Also brings me to my next point which is higher education is a tradition. Meaning if your grand father went to college, your father is more likely to go to college, and so on and so forth. And speaking on the experience of having parents that are immigrants. Idk know how it is for you as an asian but as the son of Haitian immigrants, who grew up pretty comfortably because my parents worked so hard, a huge value is placed on to education. But it's completely unfair for me to compare my upbringing to those of other minorities, especially blacks. My recent family history doesn't include their own demeaning and devaluing.

Know a dude (who's asian) who had his whole education at Stanford paid for through scholarships and half were minority scholarships :lol:

Plenty of asians were getting scholarships at the engineering school @ my university

You're dead *** the first asian person that I've heard complain about this type of thing

Last edited:
Know a dude (who's asian) who had his whole education at Stanford paid for through scholarships and half were minority scholarships
laugh.gif

Plenty of asians were getting scholarships at the engineering school @ my university

You're dead *** the first asian person that I've heard complain about this type of thing
ive argued with a couple asian dudes on fb who were complaining about black people with apparently lower gpa's getting into schools over "harder working" asians and also getting scholarships over asians so it does happen 

Cali? Only ask cause I know there's a large asian population and when you add other minorities you get less chances for each overall. Like I've said plenty of times white women benefit from affirmative action more than blacks yet I never see them get blamed. It's always black black black black

Truly feel sorry for any non black minority blaming blacks for them not achieving something. :lol: this affirmative action = only helps blacks propaganda is funny

But we always get the blame

Last edited:
Being the son of immigrants myself I find that a lot of them and their children for that matter believe in the pulling up by the boot strap ideology. They see African Americans that have been here for generations as lazy and that's why their poor but have no idea that their poverty, their "lazy mindset", their lack of educational ambition is just another manifestation of the generations of institutionalized racism that has been going on in America for years. When poverty is all you know, and crime is all you know and all your parents know and all your grandparents know going to college and other higher education isn't a logical thought.

UCLA is 33% asian and only 4% black but the the 4% black is why the asian guy didn't get in :lol: alrighty

Looking at random big time public universities and asians are representing these places wayyyy more than blacks

Any Asian blaming blacks is a god damn fool

Last edited:
It's blowing my mind to read an Asian guy complaining about affirmative action and fairness.

The last time I checked, your people are making a handsome amount of money off of black folks and our communities. So let's not talk about who's reaping what benefits, because from beauty supply stores to just regular old corner markets, Asians have planted themselves in black communities and have thrived. Black folks don't have that same luxury.

It's blowing my mind to read an Asian guy complaining about affirmative action and fairness.

The last time I checked, your people are making a handsome amount of money off of black folks and our communities. So let's not talk about who's reaping what benefits, because from beauty supply stores to just regular old corner markets, Asians have planted themselves in black communities and have thrived. Black folks don't have that same luxury.

Tell em!!

These hair stores and nail places sending generations to kids to college with minimum debt. Black community single handidly supporting millions of Asians

Last edited:
ive argued with a couple asian dudes on fb who were complaining about black people with apparently lower gpa's getting into schools over "harder working" asians and also getting scholarships over asians so it does happen 

Lol those Asians have no idea how the college admission process works. An asian guy with a 4.0 gpa in California isn't being compared to a black guy with a 3.5 in New York. You're compared to the people with similar backgrounds in your own area. So if every asian guy in Cali has a 4.0 and a 2400 on the SATs those stats now become worth less in the eyes of college admissions people because it's the standard. But if that black guy comes from a poorly funded school where the average GPA is a 2.5 and he looks like a much better applicant because he made work for him what others couldn't.

Tell em!!

These hair stores and nail places sending generations to kids to college with minimum debt. Black community single handidly supporting millions of Asians

sorry?

Can't knock anybody jumping on an opportunity but seeing how some have a problem with the peope they profit off of is funny to ya boy.

Exactly why I preach black economic empowerment. Also encourage black women to support black owned hair places whether it's online or somewhere local. Plenty still support the hood spot but if I can help some blacks then I feel good.

but asian population is very small in NC and every one I've met were cool folks. From my classmates to my fav restaurants to the bookies :pimp:

Last edited:
Can't knock anybody jumping on an opportunity but seeing how some have a problem with the peope they profit off of is funny to ya boy.

Exactly why I preach black economic empowerment. Also encourage black women to support black owned hair places whether it's online or somewhere local. Plenty still support the hood spot but if I can help some blacks then I feel good.

but asian population is very small in NC and every one I've met were cool folks. From my classmates to my fav restaurants to the bookies :pimp:

Yea I live in Pittsburgh and there are Asians all over, very good, hard working people. They make their money and keep it moving. This guy in here is literally the first Asian I've seen complain, because quite frankly, most of them know the opportunity they've been given when they or their parents come to America. So they don't ***** about the little ****. Like 'Affirmative Action' :lol:

Yea I don't get it either. Exactly why I had to look at enrollment numbers cause his complaints wasn't making sense :lol:

Any product of a recent immigrant will set themselves up trying to compare their story to blacks. It just doesn't compare and that goes to kids of African immigrants too

Only a Grade A IDIOT would deny the influence that HISTORY has on today's society. Would you say the same about a disease from the 1800's making its way into contemporary society? That is prob the most ignorant and dumbest comment on all of this thread. What books have you read that lead you to these conclusions, what studies can you cite that backs your opinion. You sound and look very STUPID right now, you really do.

Not only that, but it wasnt like slavery and Reconstruction was THAT long ago.

This thread has long since expired the point that this kid pulled a gun, pointed it at a cop, and was shot dead.

Back
Top Bottom