18K for a car - what you getting? (adios MTA)

Civic would be good, maxima would be slightly better...or even consider a TL, you'll get a lot of kick from it, gas isn't bad, and they're very reliable cars. 
Go for a TL if you need the AWD (unless you mean the previous gen), otherwise you would probably get a better deal on a used Max.

Civic would be good, maxima would be slightly better...or even consider a TL, you'll get a lot of kick from it, gas isn't bad, and they're very reliable cars.
hadn't considered the TL, I loved the previous gen though. Might start searching for the TL too now.

are you planning to finance it and just put a down payment or paying the car in full with 18k?
I have 7k put aside so far for a whip and got approved for 18k from Capital 1 recently. I was going to just save more but these last few weeks on public transportation is making my blood boil. So for the sake of preserving my health, I'll finance the difference.

Can't go wrong with accord. Impala. Camry. Stay in your financial lane is only thing I would say.
yea, definitely not gonna be rolling in something that's gonna leave me packing lunch and just broke all around.

Impala SS
Charger RT

But, its up to you as I don't know your taste in cars. Look around until you find some gold.
I've had multiple people tell me to take a trip to Jersey & Connecticut, or anywhere outside NYC for better prices

Dont get anything German or turbo then.

Honestly, sounds like you just want a car to go from A to B and not take public trans anymore. I know you might as well get a decent car, but reliability and low cost of ownership is key. Grab an 08-12 Accord and call it a day. You can get one for $12-$14k easily.

Can't ever go wrong with accord though. Saw a current gen looking sporty and had to do a double take.

Get a decent used car for 5-6K. Buy apple stock with the money that's left over.

Last edited:
Accord, Maxima, Sonata. All good cars.

Staying with your budget is very valid point....and please, don't buy a used german luxury car, you will regret it...a lot.

Some good options & ideas. Yea, it's pretty much a point a to point b "luxury."

i would get either a acura TL in white or black

or a infinite g35....i was gonna say audi a4 b7 but thats awd and sometimes 

awd isnt needed but Z4 would be my #1

d

Fan of foxbody mustangs mostily like coupe not hatchback donut machine :pimp:
Anyway back to the mans question Im read financing so im thinking dealer? I would check out websites like carmax.com or cars.com. If you cant afford to spend hundreds for matenience i would go japan or domestic (stay away from german). I would suggest you buy private party you can get something reliable for 7k as somebody stated above

Spend 2500 on a 95 civic or integra. Spend 2-3k cleaning it up. Spend 2-5k on a brand new B18C1 motor. Profit about 7k?

If you have a need for speed turbo it. Race for pinks. Free cars for life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom