2002 Camaro Z28 Help..ARS light on...

I'm looking at a Camaro Z28 thats for sale in my area, I test drove it and everything went great except 2 things.
The ARS light is on the dash and the steering wheel was kinda stiff..should I be concerned?

What is the ARS light?

Do you mean ASR? Anti Slip Regulation?

Could be something related to traction control?

As for the steering wheel feeling stiff, do you actually have to labor to make turns?

I dont know what ARS is. It was a light thats was on on the dash.
the steering wheel is stiffer than any other vehicle ive driven.

ANY DOUBTS THAT U HAVE ABOUT A VEHICLE PURCHASE YOU SHOULD NOT PURCHASE UNLESS ITS A SUPER STEAL....

AND ARE YOU SURE THE ARS YOU ARE SEING ISNT ABS LIGHT?

I'm not sure what to tell you. I used to have a 93 z28, and it didn't have an option of turning traction control on or off, but I believe the 2002model year does (it's a dealer option). I don't remember the steering being particularly stiff either. Not sure if this is a car you want to go after.

I've never heard of anything called ARS. If you look it up on google, it corrects it to ASR, which is anti slip regulation, which is something tractionrelated, and or maybe a sensor issue with one of the wheels. It might be detecting that one wheels speed is more/less than another and compensating for theissue. Maybe you should have the seller get it checked out before hand? Multi point inspection?

Back
Top Bottom