[| -- 2008 HOT97 Summer Jam Concert (Pics & Video) Vol. D-BLOCK killed it! -- |]

Damn, sounded like it would have been a good show to attend.

Damn, Rick Ross' belly button look like he could fit a billiard ball.....(nh if it applies, lol)

sick.gif

hold up, ray j yung berg n the dream was there??? I came wen alicia keys was performing and i thought she was the first performance.

Sounds like Kanye did his thing, My girl Keys can do no wrong, she could have just sat there on stage quiet and all would still be happy lol, but instead shebrings out rae and meth? Nice..

Looks like 'Ye didn't get the fanfare he thought he deserved.

"It took me a long time to get to this stage, to be able to close this," Kanye said. He shared recollections of seeing Jay-Z tear the show down years before. "I keep trying harder to raise this sh-- up a notch and do what I gotta do to be the best artist in the world. ... Y'all gonna see why I'm the number one f---in' artist in the world right now. Let's do our show."

"Homecoming" and "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" with Consequence followed, but it seemed to mellow out the crowd. "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and "Flashing Lights" brought the energy back up. Young Jeezy was Kanyeezy's big cameo. They did their new collaboration "Put On." "I put on for my city," Jeezy rapped, wearing a T-shirt that read "F--- Bush."

But the overall reaction to his set seemed to fall short of Kanye's expectations.

"I'll take this one on the chin," he said. "I seen n---as catch it before closing out. I'll take this one on the chin."

He pledged to go in the studio and make new hits. Even after "Good Life," when everyone was singing "Throw your hands up in the sky," West was disappointed with his Summer Jam showing.

"NYC, thank y'all for this," he said. "I'm about to go back to the muthaf---in lab. [I'll] take it like a man."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1588498/20080602/west_kanye.jhtml

Dude won't stop until he completely dominates.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aLLf0rTh3LoVe

i think Summer Jam gets weaker and weaker every year
laugh.gif
and less and less hype

be thankful for the lineup, it's the G.O.A.T. compared to the Minneapolis Summer Jam.

To be honest, I may have paid all of that money just to hear Kanye do the Lollipop remix and Put On...I've seen him 6 times, but both those songs are someof his best verses...and I'm sorry to hear that Waynes performance was so bad...I was gonna shell out some dough to go see him in Atlantic City orBridgeport next weekend, but now I'm thinking it won't be worth the trip

It would have been cool to see the whole Miami crew also...and Ms.Keys cause she looks like straight fire in those pictures

Originally Posted by Frsh2Dth14

To be honest, I may have paid all of that money just to hear Kanye do the Lollipop remix and Put On...I've seen him 6 times, but both those songs are some of his best verses...and I'm sorry to hear that Waynes performance was so bad...I was gonna shell out some dough to go see him in Atlantic City or Bridgeport next weekend, but now I'm thinking it won't be worth the trip

It would have been cool to see the whole Miami crew also...and Ms.Keys cause she looks like straight fire in those pictures

word to that one man...i've been listening to those 2 allllllllll day.

and of course, alicia keys ftw all day everyday.

I was expectin' D-Block and Jones to at least do that D-Block/Dipset track...you know to show 'unity' but i guess not....

Nice pics tho.

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

I was expectin' D-Block and Jones to at least do that D-Block/Dipset track...you know to show 'unity' but i guess not....

Nice pics tho.

That woulda been
eek.gif

D-Block already showed unity by the guests they brought out and keeping it all NYC (Red Cafe, Fat Joe, Fab, Nature, N.O.R.E., LL, Swizzy, Kid Capri).

What happened to Gym Class Heroes? weren't they suppose to be there too?

I heard all the "featuring the Gym Class Heroes" stuff ended up just being Travis standing on stage while Wayne performed...

Back
Top Bottom