2010 College Basketball Season

USTs offense was just bad
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

so many turnovers

i doubt that they'll pull out a win over FEU

Former JRU Light Bomber Louie Vigil was last year's NCAA juniors MVP.

Also, I think Agovida is geared for NU after he completes high school.

UST is fuming over the piracy by NU snatching their HS stand-outs, Neypes and Labing-Isa. Even some of their Women Volleyball Players are heading to NU. Meanwhile, there are also reports that Escoto is being lured as well with other U-18 cagers. This having Coach Altamirano coaching the RP U-18 and being the consultant of the Bulldogs at the same time. If this happens, I wonder what will Montinola feel. I can't imagine NU making every school mad with their recruitment.
laugh.gif
It's called the "SM Advantage"...
tongue.gif

As for the never-ending Soc Rivera saga, it was disappointing he had to leave Morayta. He had a lot of promise and could have developed there. No offense to UP but FEU has one of the best programs in college basketball. There are always two sides in a story and looking at FEU's side, UP said that the FERN boys came there for a tryout but some insiders say that some UP officials even visited Soc in Pampanga without the knowledge of FEU. Meaning, they tried to recruit him. Also, Molina said in an interview that there weren't any money asked from Rivera for his release. It's just that the media overhyped the story in which the school was blamed. Looking at Rivera's side, I think it's always the kid's decision that should prevail on where he's headed in college. Player's should have a choice. The FERN boys were so hyped even if they lost the title to Ateneo having a line-up of Rivera, Rosales, Paulino, Lopez, Paguia and Knuttel. But where is Rivera, last time I heard he's in UST's Team B after serving residency in Baste and Adamson, Rosales was nowhere to be found in the UP line-up, Paulino never made the UP line-up, Lopez made it to Team A of UP and is the only remaining FERN boy there, Paguia joined Pinoy Big Brother then went back to FEU then disappeared...Knuttel meanwhile is FEU's starting PG considering that he's only a back-up in HS.

Aside from the scholarship and allowance that NU gives their athletes, I heard they also offer a 'pangkabuhayan' package to the families of their recruits as well.

I guess it really is true, "We've got it all for you!".

laugh.gif

By the time Soc Rivera gets to play, he'll only be eligible for a year or two.

I think these kids already have managers coming out of high school, right?

is it legal to have managers in HS /  college .. ? how about -- "bata kasi yan ni ganyan kaya nakapasok sa team..."

@ Chris Camus ... pure hustle .. although no control/direction ..
UST needs another Jervy ..

what school has the best HS program in basketball .. ?

IDK about the legality of having managers, but I know some college ballers have them specially those who came from the province.

As for the "bata kasi yan ni ano..." I guess, Melo Lim of San beda and Jun Alas of Letran (anak ng coach)
laugh.gif

Kevyn deserves a roster spot though.

IMO San Beda and recently Baste have the best HS basketball program.

any story ???

Artadi came from LS HS right .. ? why not play for DLSU instead of UE ..?

... who is japeth aguilar's teammate in mapua who is as tall as him when they were still in high school?twin tower...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

IDK about the legality of having managers, but I know some college ballers have them specially those who came from the province.

As for the "bata kasi yan ni ano..." I guess, Melo Lim of San beda and Jun Alas of Letran (anak ng coach)
laugh.gif

Ateneo Blue Eaglets is the best HS Program
pimp.gif

Sayang si Soc Rivera and Dexter Rosales
tired.gif

Originally Posted by gishtar

any story ???

Artadi was supposed to attend CSB but there is a late offer for Bong Tan's UE. DLSU offered him a Team B spot since that time

gishtar wrote:
any story ???

... who is japeth aguilar's teammate in mapua who is as tall as him when they were still in high school?twin tower...
smile.gif

yes artadi played for LSGH but i think it was a smart move on his part to play for UE isntead since during his time DLSU was loaded with really good guards (aldeguer, bj manalo, mike cortez) and he might not get the minutes he needs to become effective.

gilbert, i think youre referring to galinato. he's currently playing for adamson falcons..

i think admu has the most consistent HS baskteball program in uaap. but i think my cousin said that he'll step down as coach for the blue eaglets after keifer graduates from high school. it remains to be seen...

san beda under coach batolato had a good basketball program as well... but i think for the past years san sebastian produced alot of good talents from their basketball program...

Ateneo HS basketball > any Philippine HS basketball program

16 championships since the UAAP started the juniors division, sweeping the tournament 5 times.

9 championships in the NCAA.

42-15 UAAP postseason record since the Final Four format was instituted.

In comparison, San Beda has 17 juniors titles. Baste has 5.

Of San Beda's 17 titles, 15 came after Ateneo left the NCAA.

/discussion

Originally Posted by Gameover2

16 championships since the UAAP started the juniors division, sweeping the tournament 5 times.

/discussion

nice research.. but the level of competition nowadays in the NCAA jrs. is way higher than UAAP jrs... zobel, ateneo, ust and feu are the ONLY tough teams..  in NCAA, only EAC is the easiest. Ateneo may have the most wins , but i say San Beda has the best HS program... but i'm a Lasallian so these teams are always beatable.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Gameover2

/discussion

pimp.gif

Players will always have agents or managers, it's part of the process. Once they enter college, some blue chip players already have they're own agents even before graduating from high school. While other players who aren't that hyped have the school team managers as their agents.

I couldn't agree more with Ateneo having the best and most consistent basketball program in high school history. San Beda comes next and then maybe UST and UE...

As for Artadi, I believe he also played for the Tanduay team in PBL Jrs alongside James Yap, hence the Bong Tan invitation. If I remember it correctly, in 1999, Artadi was already playing his 1st year with UE when he played for the Nike Invitationals U-18 in Taiwan. They won the crown againts the home team with the heroics of James Yap who later became one of the heavily recruited HS players. I believe that team also included Fonacier and Membrere. Taiwan was headed by Tien-Lei.

^ I smell a first round sweep for FEU this season
pimp.gif

RR Garcia is prized discovery from Zamboanga which a lot of talented ballers came from that province.

For Letran Knights I believe that they are at the tail-end in terms of recruitment wars is concerned (Jarelan Tampus went to DLSU and Glenn Khobontin to NU).
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
...ayaw makipagsabayan sa recruitment game na umiiral ngayon.

The coaching staff should scout for quality players in the provinces more to be able to build-up and strengthen the team.

It's funny how Ato Agustin let the CSB Blazers stay close to his Stags in their game yesterday. They were up 15 in the fourth and he suddenly pulls out all his starters to 'experiment.' With a mix of 2nd and 3rd stringers in, of course, the Blazers manage to creep into the lead with San Sebastian eventually winning by 1 point.

Coach, wag naman ganyan ka-obvious ang pagbebenta.
laugh.gif

Pressure from the alumni forced DLSU to cut them including Barua, I asked him myself before the summer started.

Maybe they intended to keep him at first, but eventually the coaching staff cut him when they thought they'd be better off with the new recruits.

IMO they should've let James and PJ stay instead of giving the roster spots to Nico Elorde and Aiki Herrera.

But Arvie Bringas deserved to be kicked out, di talaga pumapasok.

If all schools did that, the UAAP would run out of players.

*cough* Ryan Buenafe *cough*

laugh.gif
last year, i was classmates with Andrada and Bringas in lab class. Sipag pumasok si Andrada! Si Bringas, di talaga. I thought he'd be one of the major player for DLSU after watching that solid ateneo la salle game last year where he heat that clutch 3
smile.gif
)

laugh.gif

Best Player si Junjun Alas kanina against CSB Blazers (15pts, 13 rebounds)
baka lurker si Junjun ng NTPI
laugh.gif
....na challenge sa post mo

There are rumors swirling that Ravena is unhappy with Ateneo and he just might play for another UAAP school in the Srs.

In other news Baser Amer is seriously considering DLSU & ADMU after completing his high school studies at SBC.

More guards for DLSU?
laugh.gif

Ateneo would be a nice fit for both Ravena and Amer since they only have Monfort, Magic and Kirk as PGs.

Kirk played PG for Faith during his HS days.

I hear you man,

Since Borgie's leaving, he can be the #1 guard for SBC.

Not unless Chico Tirona explodes next season.

pimp.gif

Not unless Chico Tirona explodes next season.
Dude was fantastic during the PBL early this year (for Pharex-UP) until he injured his knee. He should be more than steady for San Beda next season.

Regarding Kiefer, it has been said since before that he'll only enroll in either Ateneo or Beda for college. Now with TNT losing, and the coaching staff in limbo after their 3-year contracts expire at the end of August, it remains to be seen what will happen.

Should the entire TNT staff be renewed (including dad Bong), expect Kiefer to still be in Ateneo. However, UP and FEU are both MVP-sponsored schools beginning this season (Meralco for UP; Metro-Pac for FEU), there just might be a couple more options for him.

I honestly don't see him enrolling at any other school though.

Back
Top Bottom