2010 Nike Vomero 5

9EA016BC-5B97-47FD-8E43-43897185742F.jpeg

-Drew

Don't care what anybody says. I need those and all the other colorways. Love the shoe.

drew drew don't know if I missed it or not but TTS for you also?

I had the cobbles all meticulously packaged back up and was prepping to bike em over to the georgetown nike store. saw drew's pic and got to reconsidering. they really are striking and don't look like anything I have. I think the thing that annoyed me at first is that they look like new balances

also I just put em on again and they feel fine, almost good, light and breezy. might just wear to imax avatar tonight instead of the usual sb zoom cloud slip-ons that I usually pack for such occasions

Is there no Zoom Air sensation underfoot or do you feel the shoes need some time to break in?

So I guess I have a very opposite experience. Got my true-size pair in and from initial try-on, they fit perfect with a bit more relaxed fit ( illustrayt illustrayt - this might be a good sign considering what you said about the originals fitting half size bigger). Cushion is great as expected actually... well, at least just from several steps around the house. Insole is nice and is indicative on how it works with the shoe's cushioning set-up.

52572646983_345e72eb85_b.jpg

52571648877_a880b25d9d_b.jpg

The cushion set-up is cushlon with (top-loaded, it looks like) Zoom Air in the heel and the forefoot since Nike sucks at telling you what's in a shoe now. Whoever's writing the product descriptions in SNKRS, quit making/writing up these ****ing stories and start putting in some tech descriptions (accurately) back for those who wanna know what's in them.

TTS is it. Put some bids for under retail on GOAT & StockX. Hopefully someone gets impatient and accept them.

HOLIDAY20 for $128 (Retail $160)

Thanks! Just got my 11s with free shipping.

might've been the last one because bigger sizes gone now.

oatmeal is there on site too for that price but smaller mens sizes
You're right, 11s are gone. I got a confirmation email so hopefully it doesn't get cancelled.

Good luck

as a Men's 13, not sure I have a chance at disco on these! not a need but would like to try.

great look, appreciate this. as soon as I saw it, I snagged em for $128, ripped the current vomeros off my feet and packed them back up (again) and will take them over to georgetown this afternoon to return. fun while they lasted, looking forward to the new-er pair

unintentional drew homage/bite
52573376274_7d282bcc62_c.jpg

I've been wearing my Vomero 5s, which influenced me to rotate with my React Infinity 3s and to also look into getting the Vomero 16s again. Really enjoying these, and is kinda bringing back memories of wearing modern running shoes for a good several years like the Pegasus 28s, 31s, the LunarGlides, Flyknit Lunar 1s. Damn, some of those need to make a comeback for sure.

So although my true size has been feeling fine, I wanted to give my half-size-up pair a try and I personally like the half-size-up pair better. Definitely not a requirement or a recommendation to go half size up though - you can definitely go true size no problem, I'd say. I just prefer a much more relaxed fit (think boxy hoodies that fit fine when going true to size that you don't have to size down.)

I went to a running shoe store a while back where they fitted me with half size up because that was supposed to be my proper running shoe size to allow foot expansion. The "more relaxed upper" preference of mine just became the cherry on top. I always thought true size has always been fine and I've just never had luck with very comfortable uppers, but they said it's because of my sizing choice. They fitted me with half size up on the Vomero 16s and that worked wonders. Guess that works for me once again with the Vomero 5s.

Actually, come to think of it, I did sometimes go half-size up on some of my previous running shoes when I used to run, so it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom