2011 another great year for college football

Newbs you just gave the exact reason why UCLA would hire Edwards.... Dude is not going to command big money and would be a nfl name to keep some boosters happy.

Well in the past it would but most are feed up with that crap

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Newbs you just gave the exact reason why UCLA would hire Edwards.... Dude is not going to command big money and would be a nfl name to keep some boosters happy.

You think he would take anything close to the 1.4 Rick is getting????

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Herm Edwards to UCLA?

Saw that tweeted by this radio show host out here.

Not saying he doesn't have sources but I've never seen him break news before.

Would be hilarious tho
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So is Urban lying again or what?

About what? That he hasn't accepted the tOSU job? I don't think so, to take a job while another man has it is disrespectful.

But he will be the next coach of Ohio St. It's always been his dream job and it was the one job I always felt like he would leave Florida for. That being said, how he left is what bothers me personally. Don't say you want to spend time with your family and then take a job the next year. Say you were burned out and wanted time off. Unless 1 year of family time is all you really need.

And the Gator fanbase runs off another coach, that is what I have learned. Urban created a monster that he couldn't control. A 13-1 season capped off with a Sugar Bowl win was a failure. SOS mentioned it when he left too. Expectations get crazy. Fans want the world but don't expect to give anything in return. What the fanbase has proven this year is that we're no better than FSU or Miami. Attendance this year has been embarrassing, that's the only word I can use to describe it. So much for in all kinds of weather.

/rant.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

everything i read says they will pay the big money for a HC. which to most would be 3-4 million. which proably means 2-2.5 million at UCLA which would be enough for sorry #$$ Herm edwards

I get the joke... but do y'all not realize what kind of man Tony Dungy is?  have y'all read his books?  that's the exact reason he would want that job/challenge.

Trevathan getting jobbed with that Butkus award.

#BeatTennessee.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

But he will be the next coach of Ohio St. It's always been his dream job and it was the one job I always felt like he would leave Florida for. That being said, how he left is what bothers me personally. Don't say you want to spend time with your family and then take a job the next year. Say you were burned out and wanted time off. Unless 1 year of family time is all you really need.
I'm sure originally Urban did plan on taking more than 1 year off.  He had no idea that Tress would be gone before this season started...he had to jump on this opportunity because if he didn't, he likely doesn't get another crack at it.

everything i read says they will pay the big money for a HC. which to most would be 3-4 million. which proably means 2-2.5 million at UCLA which would be enough for sorry #$$ Herm edwards

I just dont see that job be attractive for the simple fact that the school doesn't put football high on the priority list. 

I just dont see that job be attractive for the simple fact that the school doesn't put football high on the priority list. 
Yep. Will continue to be this way with the AD we have. And he'll be around for a while.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So is Urban lying again or what?

About what? That he hasn't accepted the tOSU job? I don't think so, to take a job while another man has it is disrespectful.

And the Gator fanbase runs off another coach, that is what I have learned. Urban created a monster that he couldn't control. A 13-1 season capped off with a Sugar Bowl win was a failure. SOS mentioned it when he left too. Expectations get crazy. Fans want the world but don't expect to give anything in return. What the fanbase has proven this year is that we're no better than FSU or Miami. Attendance this year has been embarrassing, that's the only word I can use to describe it. So much for in all kinds of weather.

/rant.
Agreed.  SEC expectations are ridiculous.  Many boosters at Tennessee want Dooley out after losing to the #1, 2, 3 and 12 ranked teams consecutively.  It is a culture unlike any other I think.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Crazy rumors spreading of Tony Dungy to Ole Miss ...

That fan base, that state and the SEC? Lmao dungy would retire before fall practice

laugh.gif
Exactly.

300439121_3a8d735775_o.jpg

7077707.jpeg

laugh.gif
 If you win dudes down here dont care. 

Plus its not like Dungy was coaching in Cali his head coaching career 

This thread is sloooow 
30t6p3b.gif
 that can only mean 2 things:
dreams were crushed 
laugh.gif
 (Predictions thread 
nerd.gif
)

season is nearing an end 
mad.gif

Yeah and nothing is really going on right now with regard to college football

NFL rules this day and most of this week even if it's rivalry week in college football

Plus nobody gives a $@#$ about Texas and TAMU anymore

Originally Posted by jville819

Yeah and nothing is really going on right now with regard to college football

NFL rules this day and most of this week even if it's rivalry week in college football

Plus nobody gives a $@#$ about Texas and TAMU anymore

Let us cook, bro.

Back
Top Bottom