2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Yessir
pimp.gif

Side note, am I the only one who knew the give yourself up rule? If a player chooses he he can intentionally go down and the play is over without him being touched. I think they put that rule in so that an injured player can go down without having to worry about someone piling on to touch him down.
Exactly
Good game, hate that it takes our offense so long to get going. Big game for Nicks/Cruz. Mario and Ballard or whatever his name is had some big catches too. Happy to win, shouldn't have been that close but still good. Helps me cope with the Yankees L a little easier 

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Yessir
pimp.gif

Side note, am I the only one who knew the give yourself up rule? If a player chooses he he can intentionally go down and the play is over without him being touched. I think they put that rule in so that an injured player can go down without having to worry about someone piling on to touch him down.
Exactly
Good game, hate that it takes our offense so long to get going. Big game for Nicks/Cruz. Mario and Ballard or whatever his name is had some big catches too. Happy to win, shouldn't have been that close but still good. Helps me cope with the Yankees L a little easier 

Don't know why people felt this game was a cakewalk, still a road game and it took a while for the GMen to match the Cards intensity.

Don't know why people felt this game was a cakewalk, still a road game and it took a while for the GMen to match the Cards intensity.

Our run defense has actually been pretty good, even when McCoy ran for 100 yards we got key stops when needed, especially on 4th down, and he wasn't the same in the 2nd half.

Today we did pretty well, but when the Cards starting running to the outside (errr OSI's side) they were getting some big gains. I know stopping the run was never Osi's strong suit, but since it was his first game back the Cards kept going that way, but that quickly stopped on that big 3 and out the defense had in the 4th quarter.

The run defense looks a bit soft WITHOUT Tuck out there, he is our best rusher and leader.

*uploading Victor Cruz play on youtube, funny stuff
laugh.gif

Our run defense has actually been pretty good, even when McCoy ran for 100 yards we got key stops when needed, especially on 4th down, and he wasn't the same in the 2nd half.

Today we did pretty well, but when the Cards starting running to the outside (errr OSI's side) they were getting some big gains. I know stopping the run was never Osi's strong suit, but since it was his first game back the Cards kept going that way, but that quickly stopped on that big 3 and out the defense had in the 4th quarter.

The run defense looks a bit soft WITHOUT Tuck out there, he is our best rusher and leader.

*uploading Victor Cruz play on youtube, funny stuff
laugh.gif

rule on nbc peter king if player goes down and makes no effort to advance he is down....so giving up the ball is clearly the player making no effort to advance....again looked like he thought he was touched but he can say i gave myself up by letter of the rule

rule on nbc peter king if player goes down and makes no effort to advance he is down....so giving up the ball is clearly the player making no effort to advance....again looked like he thought he was touched but he can say i gave myself up by letter of the rule

- Great win. We really needed it with Philly (bums) losing to 49ers...at home
pimp.gif
AND those piss ant Cowboys blowing another lead and losing to Megatron and the Lions
pimp.gif

- Nicks was great, 10 catches 168yds and a clutch score, great game.
- Eli with another solid game, and he drove us down the field in the 4th like a pro, great performance and poise. He made the right decision and didn't force anything.
- We didn't get great pressure today, but Osi had 2 sacks and a forced fumble which was great to see in his 1st game back, and the guy that impressed me the most was Tollefson, he was a beast.
- Our secondary and zone D needs work.
- Cruz showed his inexperience, but he also showed he can be a playmaker and get open. He is a work in progress.

All in all, I'll take a road win anyday, and we needed this bad. Way to go Big Blue! Seattle up next.

- Great win. We really needed it with Philly (bums) losing to 49ers...at home
pimp.gif
AND those piss ant Cowboys blowing another lead and losing to Megatron and the Lions
pimp.gif

- Nicks was great, 10 catches 168yds and a clutch score, great game.
- Eli with another solid game, and he drove us down the field in the 4th like a pro, great performance and poise. He made the right decision and didn't force anything.
- We didn't get great pressure today, but Osi had 2 sacks and a forced fumble which was great to see in his 1st game back, and the guy that impressed me the most was Tollefson, he was a beast.
- Our secondary and zone D needs work.
- Cruz showed his inexperience, but he also showed he can be a playmaker and get open. He is a work in progress.

All in all, I'll take a road win anyday, and we needed this bad. Way to go Big Blue! Seattle up next.

saw this game at a bar in BK and everyone was confused by what happened with cruz, but he played well thru most of the game

giants really got lucky here, but the comeback was still a good effort on their part. they didn't slouch

saw this game at a bar in BK and everyone was confused by what happened with cruz, but he played well thru most of the game

giants really got lucky here, but the comeback was still a good effort on their part. they didn't slouch

-Things finally broke our way
-Nicks is THE DAMN MAN
-Antrel showed up against his former team
-Eli continuing to play good football
-Fitz didn't really go wild, except that play grant should of came up with
-Osi was very effective in pass rushing, but still ehh in run defense
-quiet game for JPP prob because he had to switch sides
Good road win..

-Things finally broke our way
-Nicks is THE DAMN MAN
-Antrel showed up against his former team
-Eli continuing to play good football
-Fitz didn't really go wild, except that play grant should of came up with
-Osi was very effective in pass rushing, but still ehh in run defense
-quiet game for JPP prob because he had to switch sides
Good road win..

What a game. I almost feel like they need to get in the best shape of their lives and run the HUNH offense all game.

What a game. I almost feel like they need to get in the best shape of their lives and run the HUNH offense all game.

Crazy break we were able to capitalize on. 3-1 feels good, great after seeing the way Dallas and Philly blew big leads.

Back
Top Bottom