2011 NFL Pro Bowl Rosters.

Sadly, that kid gets more carries then Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams.  And we don't have a Peyton tossing the ball. 
30t6p3b.gif

@#$% you Dan Henning. 

How and why is Chris Cooley even on the list??  Well at least he's behind Vernon Davis..........right where he should be.

How and why is Chris Cooley even on the list??  Well at least he's behind Vernon Davis..........right where he should be.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

They Colts had to bring Dominic Rhodes back to run the ball - Dominic %$@@+!% Rhodes. Dude was just chilling in the UFL like three weeks ago. If that doesn't tell you the state of your running game and how bad Donald Brown sucks at life...
laugh.gif

And you left out a stat - 200 extra passes with 1400 yards more and 4 TDs.
wink.gif

If the Pro Bowl was about picking the best winner, then yeah - I'd pick Cassel this year. I just cannot fathom sending someone who has a run-first team to the Pro Bowl over a guy who has to fling the ball 40 times to win games. Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez and Chad Henne have more passing yards than Matt Cassel - that just bugs me. The TD:INT ratio is phenomenal, but as a whole, as a QB, I can't send Matt over Peyton. *shrugs*
Short passes are essentially part of the running game. Engineering a pseudo-running attack through short passes is less impressive than throwing the ball down the field.

15.9% of Matt Cassel's completions have gone for 20+ yards. For Peyton Manning, it's only 9.7%. Of the 32 QBs with enough passing attempts to qualify, only Matt Ryan and Jimmy Clausen complete less downfield passes.

If Peyton Manning is throwing the ball down the field much less often than other QBs, how is he among the league leaders in INTs?

Not sure how anyone could advocate that somebody who has thrown 15 INTs so far in the 2nd half of the season is deserving of a Pro Bowl nod.

They Colts had to bring Dominic Rhodes back to run the ball - Dominic %$@@+!% Rhodes. Dude was just chilling in the UFL like three weeks ago. If that doesn't tell you the state of your running game and how bad Donald Brown sucks at life...
laugh.gif

wink.gif

If the Pro Bowl was about picking the best winner, then yeah - I'd pick Cassel this year. I just cannot fathom sending someone who has a run-first team to the Pro Bowl over a guy who has to fling the ball 40 times to win games. Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez and Chad Henne have more passing yards than Matt Cassel - that just bugs me. The TD:INT ratio is phenomenal, but as a whole, as a QB, I can't send Matt over Peyton. *shrugs*
Short passes are essentially part of the running game. Engineering a pseudo-running attack through short passes is less impressive than throwing the ball down the field.

15.9% of Matt Cassel's completions have gone for 20+ yards. For Peyton Manning, it's only 9.7%. Of the 32 QBs with enough passing attempts to qualify, only Matt Ryan and Jimmy Clausen complete less downfield passes.

If Peyton Manning is throwing the ball down the field much less often than other QBs, how is he among the league leaders in INTs?

Not sure how anyone could advocate that somebody who has thrown 15 INTs so far in the 2nd half of the season is deserving of a Pro Bowl nod.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Good argument.
pimp.gif

I can't really agree on "short passes are essentially part of the running game." The Colts have had to rely on the short passes because of their running game. How many 3rd and shorts have the Colts runs been stuffed on? How many have they had to pass on? If I had to guess, they probably throw more on 3rd down than they run, simply because the lack of their running game. Since we're bringing up stats:
-On 3rd downs when they have <3 yards-
Peyton Manning completes it 72.7% of the time (16/22)
Matt Cassel isn't even on the list, which means less than 60% of the time

Peyton has to rely on the short to intermediate passes because he doesn't have a RB who averages over 6 YPC to pick up those first downs.

As far as the completions going 20+ yards:
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2010&type=Passing&range=NFL&rank=118

Peyton has 26 big plays over 25 yards. Cassel isn't even on the list (less than 21).

Just like you can't advocate someone who has thrown 15 ints in the 2nd half of the season, I can't advocate someone who throws the ball for 3000 yards in a season.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Good argument.
pimp.gif

I can't really agree on "short passes are essentially part of the running game." The Colts have had to rely on the short passes because of their running game. How many 3rd and shorts have the Colts runs been stuffed on? How many have they had to pass on? If I had to guess, they probably throw more on 3rd down than they run, simply because the lack of their running game. Since we're bringing up stats:
-On 3rd downs when they have <3 yards-
Peyton Manning completes it 72.7% of the time (16/22)
Matt Cassel isn't even on the list, which means less than 60% of the time

Peyton has to rely on the short to intermediate passes because he doesn't have a RB who averages over 6 YPC to pick up those first downs.

As far as the completions going 20+ yards:
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2010&type=Passing&range=NFL&rank=118

Peyton has 26 big plays over 25 yards. Cassel isn't even on the list (less than 21).

Just like you can't advocate someone who has thrown 15 ints in the 2nd half of the season, I can't advocate someone who throws the ball for 3000 yards in a season.

Little more fuel:
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2010&type=Rushing&range=AFC&rank=008

Jamaal Charles (66) and Thomas Jones (38) have 104 combined rushing first downs.
Joesph Addai (27) and Donald Brown (26) have 53.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2010&type=Rushing&range=AFC&rank=006

Jamaal Charles has only been stuffed 13 times out of 216 carries.
Donald Brown has been stuffed 16 times in 126 carries.

Why would Cassel have to throw the short-to-intermediate routes, that the defense is prepared for and in the proper coverage, when his running attack is so dominant? There's a reason why he isn't making mistakes, and the team isn't relying on him to carry them the way the Colts rely on Peyton.

(and yes, I'm bored as hell at work. I don't care about the #@$!##! Pro Bowl this much)

Little more fuel:
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2010&type=Rushing&range=AFC&rank=008

Jamaal Charles (66) and Thomas Jones (38) have 104 combined rushing first downs.
Joesph Addai (27) and Donald Brown (26) have 53.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2010&type=Rushing&range=AFC&rank=006

Jamaal Charles has only been stuffed 13 times out of 216 carries.
Donald Brown has been stuffed 16 times in 126 carries.

Why would Cassel have to throw the short-to-intermediate routes, that the defense is prepared for and in the proper coverage, when his running attack is so dominant? There's a reason why he isn't making mistakes, and the team isn't relying on him to carry them the way the Colts rely on Peyton.

(and yes, I'm bored as hell at work. I don't care about the #@$!##! Pro Bowl this much)

Chester the Cheetah wrote:

The hell you think I'm doin in here? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chester the Cheetah wrote:

The hell you think I'm doin in here? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

HOW IN THE *@#! DID TAMBA HALI NOT MAKE IT???? Seriously, not even as an alternate? I swear my jaw about fell off my face and onto the floor when I saw that. He led the league in sacks for most of the season. This upsets me even more than Cassel not making it.

HOW IN THE *@#! DID TAMBA HALI NOT MAKE IT???? Seriously, not even as an alternate? I swear my jaw about fell off my face and onto the floor when I saw that. He led the league in sacks for most of the season. This upsets me even more than Cassel not making it.

Back
Top Bottom