2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Originally Posted by So Slickening

I'm a very very very casual boxing fan, I'm mainly a Manny Pacquiao fan. He's the one that brought me to watch boxing. You could've guessed that I'm Filipino.

I just want someone to set the record straight... what's the verdict on Manny's refusal to do the tests set up by Floyd? Is there more evidence that supports Manny using and is afraid to get caught or that he legitimately just doesn't want blood drawn so close to a fight?

With that said, I would be satisfied seeing either JMM or Floyd in the Fall.

At what weight?
If it's at 147 Pacquiao deserves no credit AT ALL.

But If it's at 140 then I will have gained some respect for Pacquiao. 
147 Pac destroys him for sure, Marquez is not about that welterweight life. 140 it would be more competitive but Pac still destroys him IMO. JMM is getting older and so is Pac, but a fight at 147 is unfair and full of #%%%

Originally Posted by salbah3

I'm a very very very casual boxing fan, I'm mainly a Manny Pacquiao fan. He's the one that brought me to watch boxing. You could've guessed that I'm Filipino.

I just want someone to set the record straight... what's the verdict on Manny's refusal to do the tests set up by Floyd? Is there more evidence that supports Manny using and is afraid to get caught or that he legitimately just doesn't want blood drawn so close to a fight?

At what weight?

147 Pac destroys him for sure, Marquez is not about that welterweight life. 140 it would be more competitive but Pac still destroys him IMO. JMM is getting older and so is Pac, but a fight at 147 is unfair and full of #%%%
Pacquiao should set a catchweight of 144, and show up at 146 anyway with Marquez only at 142...

laugh.gif

I don't think Pacquiao will 'destroy' him at either weight. He might win an easier decision at 147, but either way I don't really see Pac KO'ing Marquez. Can't believe the GBP/Top Rank beef is so serious, they don't even offer anything until Mosley leaves Golden Boy, and now Marquez might leave Golden Boy too just to fight Pac...given the circumstances really doesn't look like Pac-Mayweather will ever happen

Originally Posted by salbah3

At what weight?

Pacquiao should set a catchweight of 144, and show up at 146 anyway with Marquez only at 142...

laugh.gif

I don't think Pacquiao will 'destroy' him at either weight. He might win an easier decision at 147, but either way I don't really see Pac KO'ing Marquez. Can't believe the GBP/Top Rank beef is so serious, they don't even offer anything until Mosley leaves Golden Boy, and now Marquez might leave Golden Boy too just to fight Pac...given the circumstances really doesn't look like Pac-Mayweather will ever happen

I don't think Pacquiao will 'destroy' him at either weight

thats what Im saying

where the hell is this blatant disrespect for JMM coming from? he has fought Pacman to say the least "Dead Even" in 3 fights...

and he has done work since. his only blemish is vs the best skilled boxer / incredible counter puncher and best defensive fighter in the game today.

thats what Im saying

where the hell is this blatant disrespect for JMM coming from? he has fought Pacman to say the least "Dead Even" in 3 fights...

and he has done work since. his only blemish is vs the best skilled boxer / incredible counter puncher and best defensive fighter in the game today.

At what weight?

Money May

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]color me suprised. 
[/font]

At what weight?

Money May

[/font]

[/font]

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

thats what Im saying

I'm not saying he'll destroy him but we haven't really seen JMM above 135 besides that one time.  If I'm him, I need to take an interim fight at 140 if he's going all the way up to 147.  Hell, he didn't look like he had that same pop at 142 TBH.

thats what Im saying

I'm not saying he'll destroy him but we haven't really seen JMM above 135 besides that one time.  If I'm him, I need to take an interim fight at 140 if he's going all the way up to 147.  Hell, he didn't look like he had that same pop at 142 TBH.

laugh.gif
you got me there man.

All I'm saying is that he's an unknown above lightweight. It doesn't make me want to see the third fight any less, it just makes me hope Manny and his team don't make the man jump through every hoop possible because they know it'll be his biggest payday.

laugh.gif
you got me there man.

All I'm saying is that he's an unknown above lightweight. It doesn't make me want to see the third fight any less, it just makes me hope Manny and his team don't make the man jump through every hoop possible because they know it'll be his biggest payday.

JMM at welterweight? LMAO ya'll should rewind the tapes and see how Mayweather did him. No power and speed at that weight.

With that being said after this Mosley debacle if Pac doesn't fight Mayweather and vice versa they both might as well retire.

JMM at welterweight? LMAO ya'll should rewind the tapes and see how Mayweather did him. No power and speed at that weight.

With that being said after this Mosley debacle if Pac doesn't fight Mayweather and vice versa they both might as well retire.

I think I read Floyd's court date got pushed back to September 1st. Can pretty write him off for the year.

I think I read Floyd's court date got pushed back to September 1st. Can pretty write him off for the year.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Agreed. #kanyeshrug

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Agreed. #kanyeshrug

Originally Posted by Proshares

thats what Im saying

I am not disrespecting JMM @ all, he's an excellent fighter and definitely one of the few to give Pac problems. He was just uber slow at 147 and even said so himself he didn't feel right and needed a couple of fights to feel comfortable when he fought Mr. Boatbuyer. Pac's last few fights have been in WW and he destroyed the opposition @ that weight class, so yes I think he destroys JMM now specially at 147. A bloated JMM is no bueno! 

Originally Posted by Proshares

thats what Im saying

I am not disrespecting JMM @ all, he's an excellent fighter and definitely one of the few to give Pac problems. He was just uber slow at 147 and even said so himself he didn't feel right and needed a couple of fights to feel comfortable when he fought Mr. Boatbuyer. Pac's last few fights have been in WW and he destroyed the opposition @ that weight class, so yes I think he destroys JMM now specially at 147. A bloated JMM is no bueno! 

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

At what weight?

Money May

[/font]

[/font]

What?
I don't give credit to Floyd for beating JMM, so yeah...

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

At what weight?

Money May

[/font]

[/font]

What?
I don't give credit to Floyd for beating JMM, so yeah...

Back
Top Bottom