2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

I lift weights for aesthetic purposes and want to do boxing not only as a conditioning workout but knowing I can probably hold my own if something were to go down. Not that I'm confrontational or anything. It's just a skillset that would be nice to have. Thanks for all the help.

I lift weights for aesthetic purposes and want to do boxing not only as a conditioning workout but knowing I can probably hold my own if something were to go down. Not that I'm confrontational or anything. It's just a skillset that would be nice to have. Thanks for all the help.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

This should probably go in the MMA thread but I don't venture over there much and BHOP drops some gems.
A true master of his craft.
[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]so he's back peddling on his stance on MMA i hear too...
laugh.gif
, bhop man
[/font]

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

This should probably go in the MMA thread but I don't venture over there much and BHOP drops some gems.
A true master of his craft.
[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]so he's back peddling on his stance on MMA i hear too...
laugh.gif
, bhop man
[/font]

Damn BHop dropping some knowledge for real. Boxing is chess with hands real talk my pops used to always say you tuck that chin and relax and roll punches you'll always be a dangerous threat.

Damn BHop dropping some knowledge for real. Boxing is chess with hands real talk my pops used to always say you tuck that chin and relax and roll punches you'll always be a dangerous threat.

Originally Posted by aepps20

So Kelly won't fight because of the money? I'm sure if they threw in a case of Coors the fight would still be on.

He wants Kessler money and doesn't draw like Kessler or have the resume at 168 of Kessler.  I think Bute and Kessler couldn't come to an agreement because if they had it in Montreal, it'd be early morning in Denmark and a lot of the buyers would be out there.  I still think they'll fight eventually but just some neutral ground in Europe.

So Kelly won't fight because of the money? I'm sure if they threw in a case of Coors the fight would still be on.

He wants Kessler money and doesn't draw like Kessler or have the resume at 168 of Kessler.  I think Bute and Kessler couldn't come to an agreement because if they had it in Montreal, it'd be early morning in Denmark and a lot of the buyers would be out there.  I still think they'll fight eventually but just some neutral ground in Europe.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I don't know how this guy could possibly think canceling fights at the last minute will help him draw like Kessler.

I don't know how this guy could possibly think canceling fights at the last minute will help him draw like Kessler.

Oh, I meant for Margarito. That punch output has been the same his entire career. Cotto is far from improving and isn't the same fighter IMO. The fact that he barely beat Clottey who hasn't thrown 100 punches total in his last two fights says a lot to me. A prime Cotto would not have let fighters like Yuri Foreman and a washed up Mayorga last as long. Cotto pre-Margarito and Cotto post-Margarito are two different fighters IMO. There's barely any body work anymore for one, which was his bread and butter. I can't remember the last time I've seen him throw his left hook with the same force he had before.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a top fighter with a couple fights left in him but I don't see how he's improving. Maybe refining back to the mean I'd agree with.

My view on the fight is that I see him eventually regressing back to trying to slug it out with Margarito.
True. We'll see what unfolds.

Oh, I meant for Margarito. That punch output has been the same his entire career. Cotto is far from improving and isn't the same fighter IMO. The fact that he barely beat Clottey who hasn't thrown 100 punches total in his last two fights says a lot to me. A prime Cotto would not have let fighters like Yuri Foreman and a washed up Mayorga last as long. Cotto pre-Margarito and Cotto post-Margarito are two different fighters IMO. There's barely any body work anymore for one, which was his bread and butter. I can't remember the last time I've seen him throw his left hook with the same force he had before.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a top fighter with a couple fights left in him but I don't see how he's improving. Maybe refining back to the mean I'd agree with.

My view on the fight is that I see him eventually regressing back to trying to slug it out with Margarito.
True. We'll see what unfolds.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9
smh at "ring life" bieng mayweathers ring life and ortiz's sob story.
ortiz is just OFF

"ALL I GOT TO IS TOUCH HIM AND HE'S GONNA BE HURT"

roll.gif

thats his gameplan...... 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9
smh at "ring life" bieng mayweathers ring life and ortiz's sob story.
ortiz is just OFF

"ALL I GOT TO IS TOUCH HIM AND HE'S GONNA BE HURT"

roll.gif

thats his gameplan...... 
laugh.gif

Does anyone here know any good places to find old boxing fights?

I downloaded the 2 Frazier Ali fights and leonard Hearns one supposedly from 1981

Back
Top Bottom