2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Does this ruin any possibility of Marquez/Pacquiao IV?

I hope so, I'm tired of Marquez getting jobbed around, he's a legit boxer, and he's just getting toyed around now.

And btw.

The Mississippi Athletic Commission has granted a boxing license to Antonio Margarito and by extension cleared the way for the former welterweight champion to fight four-time world champion Miguel Cotto on Dec. 3 at the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven, Miss., an industry source told CBSSports.com on Thursday.

The fight would be televised by HBO PPV.

SI.com's Chris Mannix reported earlier Thursday that the New York State Athletic Commission planned to reject Margarito's license application, which would effectively force the highly anticipated rematch away from New York's Madison Square Garden.

The New York State Athletic Commission originally denied Margarito a license last month because of issues with an eye injury the Mexican star suffered in a 2010 loss to Manny Pacquiao.

A source told CBSSports.com that doctors in Mississippi have examined Margarito's eye and given him the OK to fight in their state, and that the championship event is "really close" to being moved to the DCC.

A formal announcement could be made by the end of the day.

Cotto (36-2) and Margarito (38-7) first fought in 2008. Margarito won that brutal fight by TKO in the 11th round of one of the Fights of the Year.

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/story/16149733/

And btw.

The Mississippi Athletic Commission has granted a boxing license to Antonio Margarito and by extension cleared the way for the former welterweight champion to fight four-time world champion Miguel Cotto on Dec. 3 at the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven, Miss., an industry source told CBSSports.com on Thursday.

SI.com's Chris Mannix reported earlier Thursday that the New York State Athletic Commission planned to reject Margarito's license application, which would effectively force the highly anticipated rematch away from New York's Madison Square Garden.

The New York State Athletic Commission originally denied Margarito a license last month because of issues with an eye injury the Mexican star suffered in a 2010 loss to Manny Pacquiao.

A source told CBSSports.com that doctors in Mississippi have examined Margarito's eye and given him the OK to fight in their state, and that the championship event is "really close" to being moved to the DCC.

Cotto (36-2) and Margarito (38-7) first fought in 2008. Margarito won that brutal fight by TKO in the 11th round of one of the Fights of the Year.

Amir Khan tells Timmeh Bradley,"Grow some balls bro" (@1:50)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Air 23 AJ

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

I just went to stubhub and grabbed tickets after watching that.
Just wondering are the nosebleed tickets worth buying at MSG? hows the view from that far away.

Idk what it's like w/ the new�renovations to the building, but the 400 level is pretty bad at MSG. It's pretty high up and far away, I used to go to Knicks games up there for $0-10 all the time when I was in college, only thing I miss about Isiah Thomas
laugh.gif
. If you get 400 level seats, it's probably moreso just to be in the arena than to get a good look at the fighters.

I hope Cotto beats the @@*@ outta Margarito. Cotto's one of my favorite fighters, and he legitimately had the trajectory of his career altered bc of those plaster wraps. I thought Pacquiao ended Margarito's career that night his corner decided to let him go 12 for no reason, but I'm happy that Cotto gets a chance to get him back. I really want to go too, but I'm not paying $70-80 before fees to be up in the $400 level

Originally Posted by Air 23 AJ

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

I just went to stubhub and grabbed tickets after watching that.
Just wondering are the nosebleed tickets worth buying at MSG? hows the view from that far away.

Idk what it's like w/ the new�renovations to the building, but the 400 level is pretty bad at MSG. It's pretty high up and far away, I used to go to Knicks games up there for $0-10 all the time when I was in college, only thing I miss about Isiah Thomas
laugh.gif
. If you get 400 level seats, it's probably moreso just to be in the arena than to get a good look at the fighters.

I hope Cotto beats the @@*@ outta Margarito. Cotto's one of my favorite fighters, and he legitimately had the trajectory of his career altered bc of those plaster wraps. I thought Pacquiao ended Margarito's career that night his corner decided to let him go 12 for no reason, but I'm happy that Cotto gets a chance to get him back. I really want to go too, but I'm not paying $70-80 before fees to be up in the $400 level

Originally Posted by MAKITA

And btw.

Damn, did not see that...who the hell is going to go see that fight in Mississippi.

And btw.

Damn, did not see that...who the hell is going to go see that fight in Mississippi.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

And btw.

There's gonna be like 12 people in the stands.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

And btw.

There's gonna be like 12 people in the stands.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

I heard rumors about the move last week and didn't take it serious.  I mean how are they going to almost sell out MSG and then move it two weeks before?  I can't believe Arum is pulling this garbage...it should be cleared 100% before the promotion even began.  I'm sure there's a lot of people who booked flights and hotels, too.
Yea, it's going to be ugly for those who have tickets already.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

I heard rumors about the move last week and didn't take it serious.  I mean how are they going to almost sell out MSG and then move it two weeks before?  I can't believe Arum is pulling this garbage...it should be cleared 100% before the promotion even began.  I'm sure there's a lot of people who booked flights and hotels, too.
Yea, it's going to be ugly for those who have tickets already.

corey_erdman Corey Erdman

Carlos Molina revealed on RingTV Radio this week that he's been in talks for a Paul Williams bout on Showtime, late January. #boxing

Will be interesting to see Big Pun back in the ring at some point

Also, this dude Corey Erdman may the biggest boxing fan walking the face of the earth. 

corey_erdman Corey Erdman

Carlos Molina revealed on RingTV Radio this week that he's been in talks for a Paul Williams bout on Showtime, late January. #boxing

Will be interesting to see Big Pun back in the ring at some point

Also, this dude Corey Erdman may the biggest boxing fan walking the face of the earth. 

So the NYSAC basically said that Margarito will have to come to NY and have an eye exam with a doctor of their choice. Giving his lawyer an hour to call him and find out if he'll come to NY and do that.

So the NYSAC basically said that Margarito will have to come to NY and have an eye exam with a doctor of their choice. Giving his lawyer an hour to call him and find out if he'll come to NY and do that.

seriously is there any way to watch the British broadcast in the US? All these videos from overseas remind me how sports journalism is SUPPOSED to be. the slurpfest is kept to a minimum, and it doesnt feel like im watching TMZ

seriously is there any way to watch the British broadcast in the US? All these videos from overseas remind me how sports journalism is SUPPOSED to be. the slurpfest is kept to a minimum, and it doesnt feel like im watching TMZ

Dan Rafael
Was told Vitali Klitschko's team is negotiating with David "Toe" Haye for a March fight.

Dan Rafael
If Vitali and Toe Haye make a deal I want to see x-rays of his toes before the fight just to make sure he's OK. Fingers too just to be safe.

Dan Rafael
Was told Vitali Klitschko's team is negotiating with David "Toe" Haye for a March fight.

Dan Rafael
If Vitali and Toe Haye make a deal I want to see x-rays of his toes before the fight just to make sure he's OK. Fingers too just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom