2012 NBA MVP Thread

I was riding with Durant winning based on OKC locking up the best overall record, but now I bet that the swing will come back to Bron and he will take it. 

Either way, we got EXACTLY what we asked for, that game was special.  If we get 7 of those in June...........

People do realize that OKC is in danger of losing that 1st seed in the West, right?

I'm tired of this being everyone's argument to justfiy why Durant should win. People are talking like Miami is a 4th or 5th seed in the East. They are 2 games behind Chicago for the 1st seed and OKC is only 1 game ahead of San Antonio. OKC is 40-14, Miami is 39-14.

Lebron can have the regular season MVP. Durant wants that Finals MVP.
pimp.gif
Hell..Maybe even Westbrook.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Lebron can have the regular season MVP. Durant wants that Finals MVP.
pimp.gif
Hell..Maybe even Westbrook.
Yeah LeBron definitely isn't interested in winning the Finals MVP 
indifferent.gif

Those picking Durant, you are aware this isn't a Offensive Player of the Year Award, right? And that defense should be considered as well?

Lebron's effect on the game is ridiculous ... For me it's the times when he doesn't come through in the clutch, disappears for huge chunks down the stretch and defers at the end ... should that sway my vote? ... probably not but that is why #s are only part of it ... durant rises up at the end of games is an offensive juggernaut but his D is meh ... everyone has their shortcomings

if everyone defined what an MVP is ... and then picked their winner ... it would clarify things a lot ..

Leads team to best record
Being able to produce when the team is focused on stopping YOU
Performing in the clutch
Leaving ur mark on a game ... having that ability to change a game w/ a play or string of plays
and of course w/o that player ... how do u think the team would do ...

I'll admit in hindsight ... Luol Deng was the glue guy for the bulls run last year ...

I felt the bulls had a ton of injuries especially early on and Rose just put the team on his back ... and every night he would just make a play or 2 that would make the other team just put their head down and say damn ...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Those picking Durant, you are aware this isn't a Offensive Player of the Year Award, right? And that defense should be considered as well?
In a very odd way, this race reminds me of when Nash won MVPs over Kobe. Kobe was 1st Team All NBA Defense and yet, it was never brought up. People just kind of ignored the defensive side of the ball and just kept gravitating towards offense (which still doesn't explain Nash's 2 MVPs since Kobe was the most potent offensive weapon both years).
One of the greatest mysteries in sports history is how Nash has more MVPs than Kobe, Wade, Dirk, KG, Shaq, Hakeem, etc.

Player perception has so much to do with the award, especially in today's age of media, headlines, Twitter, etc. New MVPs are the sexy pick. No one wants to see LeBron or Kobe win again. I mean LeBron basically has no peers at his position + can shut down players ranging from D-Rose to Pau. This shouldn't even be a debate

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by Big J 33

In a very odd way, this race reminds me of when Nash won MVPs over Kobe. Kobe was 1st Team All NBA Defense and yet, it was never brought up. People just kind of ignored the defensive side of the ball and just kept gravitating towards offense (which still doesn't explain Nash's 2 MVPs since Kobe was the most potent offensive weapon both years).
One of the greatest mysteries in sports history is how Nash has more MVPs than Kobe, Wade, Dirk, KG, Shaq, Hakeem, etc.

Player perception has so much to do with the award, especially in today's age of media, headlines, Twitter, etc. New MVPs are the sexy pick. No one wants to see LeBron or Kobe win again. I mean LeBron basically has no peers at his position + can shut down players ranging from D-Rose to Pau. This shouldn't even be a debate
I was getting ready to bring this up.
Now all of a sudden people want to bring up defense. I didn't hear people saying *$$! about "there's 2 sides to the game" when Nash won his awards despite being food for every other PG in the L on a nightly basis.

Durant deserves it this yr. I think if KD isn't on the that team, OKC isn't top 3 in the league anymore. Miami would still be an elite team without Bron, who is a very close runner up for MVP.  Tony Parkers gets a very high consideration for MVP too.  He's having a great season and most def. has been the Spurs' best player this year. 

So because voters wrongly ignored defense for Nash's MVPs, they should continue it forever?

Do you think defense should or should not be considered? If yes, then it's Lebron. If no, well.. it's still Lebron.

Both KD & Lebron is this year Kd has come along strong of late but i figure whoever team has the best team record at the end will win it depends on how these voters vote honestly cause they could say lebron has a supra team but he has had his best year as a pro this year production wise but it don't seem like it

1. Lebron
2. KD
3. Kobe
4. Love
5. Parker

Thats how the MVP voting should fall in my opinion, Lebron has just done so much on both sides of the ball this season.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I think KD still ends up winning the MVP.

The Thunder are probably gonna end with the best record in the West and I don't think the Heat can catch the Bulls for the best in the East, so I think that pushes Durant over the top.

I think LeBron is more deserving though.
indifferent.gif

You do know the SPURS are only ONE game back from 1st.
BRON is MVP. And
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
some of you have the nerve to put kobe as a top 5 MVP.
laugh.gif

The slurping in here
laugh.gif

Hot damn. Some of yall will defend Lebron til the death of y'all. Solid fans.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

*Looks around*.................*keeps looking*......

*looks behind me one more time*
tumblr_lqe6r8P7G71r257blo1_500.gif

Spoiler [+]
betqp.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

The slurping in here
laugh.gif

Hot damn. Some of yall will defend Lebron til the death of y'all. Solid fans.
So much irony in this statement
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom