2012 Nike NFL Jersey Thread...See ya Reebok

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by MMG

Nike has yall wrapped around their fingers
laugh.gif
the sheep will buy anything with a swoosh
laugh.gif

people like you are annoying, what other options are there for football jerseys? ill wait.
eyes.gif

The reebok jerseys we're good. It's just a jersey to me. 250$ for jersey?
sick.gif

if you're not gonna buy a nike jersey. cool, thats on you but dont knock on other guys that wanna get one
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by parasight21

Originally Posted by psk2310

The Hunt family & The Kansas City Chiefs are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. With the Nike uniform change, their giving every season ticket account one personalized Nike Chiefs jersey. What sucks is that if  the account has multiple tickets, you can only get one jersey but they are offering the ability to buy additional Nike jerseys at a discount. This is one of the many reasons why Chiefs fans are so loyal to their team & why the Hunts are such great owners.

That's amazing for KC Chiefs. I don't think ANY professional team does promotions like that period. Even if you get one customized jersey and others at a discount price, that's really cool that they are doing something like that for the fans. Props for Chiefs and Hunts family, indeed. 
pimp.gif
Actually just across the bridge in Kansas City, KS their MLS team did a pretty interesting promotion at the start of the 2012 season. All season tickets got to have their name printed on the inside collar area of the authentic and player issue versions of their jerseys. Mad random but I thought it was pretty cool at the time.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by parasight21

Originally Posted by psk2310

The Hunt family & The Kansas City Chiefs are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. With the Nike uniform change, their giving every season ticket account one personalized Nike Chiefs jersey. What sucks is that if  the account has multiple tickets, you can only get one jersey but they are offering the ability to buy additional Nike jerseys at a discount. This is one of the many reasons why Chiefs fans are so loyal to their team & why the Hunts are such great owners.

That's amazing for KC Chiefs. I don't think ANY professional team does promotions like that period. Even if you get one customized jersey and others at a discount price, that's really cool that they are doing something like that for the fans. Props for Chiefs and Hunts family, indeed. 
pimp.gif
Actually just across the bridge in Kansas City, KS their MLS team did a pretty interesting promotion at the start of the 2012 season. All season tickets got to have their name printed on the inside collar area of the authentic and player issue versions of their jerseys. Mad random but I thought it was pretty cool at the time.
The Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL) do a similar thing.

All season ticket holders receive a free personalized Premier jersey that has a chip embedded in the shoulder emblem. The chip provides season ticket holders with access to exclusive amenities, as well as 15% off concessions.

Originally Posted by MMG

Nike has yall wrapped around their fingers
laugh.gif
the sheep will buy anything with a swoosh
laugh.gif

people like you are annoying, what other options are there for football jerseys? ill wait.
eyes.gif

sick.gif

if you dont like it, dont buy it, you act as if nike has a gun to your head, plus no one else makes football jerseys.

Quick Game jersey impressions

slightly heavier than reebok's replicas
narrower in the shoulder, although seems to fall the same way throughout the torso
numbers and letters are printed thicker.. more reminiscent of older (think 80's) authentics
jersey is made of thicker material overall

DEFINITELY better than reebok's replicas, so I'd say the price increase is somewhat justifiable

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by MMG

eyes.gif

sick.gif

if you dont like it, dont buy it, you act as if nike has a gun to your head, plus no one else makes football jerseys.

Put a gun to my head?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

narrower in the shoulder, although seems to fall the same way throughout the torso
numbers and letters are printed thicker.. more reminiscent of older (think 80's) authentics

DEFINITELY better than reebok's replicas, so I'd say the price increase is somewhat justifiable
Sounds like a good $10-$20 mark up in materials(which I don't mind) and an additional $30 mark up because of the swoosh(hate).

I'll wait for more of a saturation in the market and hope I can find some(possible end of season sales?) for <$200

Why the Hunts are such great owners

Do you live in KC btw? People loved Lamar, I'll give you that but Clark Hunt is one of the most hated guys in KC. Heck, he is right up there with David Glass in most KC sports fans eyes. 

Anyways, back to the jersey talk. I would love to see the Elite 51 jersey in person. I need one of those skinny, skill cut jerseys like the players get. Call me whatever but those look the best to me- of course that is if you can fit in em.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

Sounds like a good $10-$20 mark up in materials(which I don't mind) and an additional $30 mark up because of the swoosh(hate).

I'll wait for more of a saturation in the market and hope I can find some(possible end of season sales?) for <$200
i was referring to the low end jersey which retailed last year for $75-85 and will be sold by nike at $100.00. Authentic (Elite) comparisons to come tomorrow (hopefully) although my boss told me nike's 52 is more fitted than reebok's.. didnt stick around work long enough to see for myself... 

clarification.  are 44's "larges"?  I wear a 44 on MLB Majestic authentics.  Would that be the same for the Nike NFL authentics?

Originally Posted by justscrap

575557_10150813164675659_72631215658_12076134_1254734194_n.jpg
This is exactly what I said, how is Nike any better if the jersey still fits like @#$%? Ok the material looks better...but it claims to have a "Modern fit" yet it's only slightly less baggy than the Reebok one
laugh.gif

Hmmmm....modern fit you say? I guess I could rock that Fitzpatrick joint w/ some cheetah print Toms and post up in the Dressing Better thread.

pimp.gif

Staaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy steezzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

they still look bad to me, why must they make them cut so damn wide? any ideas of what the Elite jerseys will look like? I hope they're more slim fitting

The Nike Jerseys look much better than the old Reebok joints. I think they cut them so wide because most of the people who buy jerseys are probably males in their mid 30 early 40's who have a sizable bear gut who are not into the whole slim cut movement.They just want something comfortable they can lounge around in  and chug beers.

Reebok Authentic were $225 and the Nike ones are $250, correct? What's the source of the outrage on a $25 price hike?

Originally Posted by Dok

The Nike Jerseys look much better than the old Reebok joints. I think they cut them so wide because most of the people who buy jerseys are probably males in their mid 30 early 40's who have a sizable bear gut who are not into the whole slim cut movement.They just want something comfortable they can lounge around in  and chug beers.

I agree with this. Also, that guy in the picture probably shouldn't be wearing a large in the first place

Depending on the amount of materials used on the jersey I believe was the price of the jersey. Raider jerseys were $210. I think so too were the 49ers ones? I believe the expensive ones were teams like the jaguars, patriots, etc...Basically the teams that had like multi layer numbers, different color accents and team patches on them.

They should have a 'slim fit' option like dress shirts. Seriously the discrepancies between men that will wear jerseys is just too great

Back
Top Bottom