2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

^^ D. Thomas (Denver), Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings :smh: , Mike Williams (Tampa), and Randall Cobb

Hey guys,

Question on my WR2, Should I start D. Moore vs Jac or B. Lloyd vs. NYJ?  I'm really torn here b/c I sat Moore last week in favor of Andre Roberts
mean.gif
 but Brady has been throwing Lloyd's way pretty often.  Moore's matchup is great against Jac and there arent many other options in the pass game in Oakland, but I guess at the end of the day I have more faith in Brady than Palmer.... Thoughts?
So now I'm leaning more toward Moore, just because the matchup is too good, and Palmer has 0 other targets other than DMC... anyone else have an opinion?

need a little help for my FLEX and a WR spot... pick 2

Frank Gore vsSEA
James Jones @STL
Andre Johnson vsBAL

Trying to decide on a fill in QB...

Dalton vs. PIT

Palmer vs. JAC

Freeman @ NO

I'm kind of leaning towards Dalton even tho he appears to have the worst match up of the 3. I just don't trust Palmer and I feel like Dalton will rebound from last week and have a good game at home. Also not confident Freeman will have back to back big games...

Dalton vs. PIT
Palmer vs. JAC
Freeman @ NO

I'm kind of leaning towards Dalton even tho he appears to have the worst match up of the 3. I just don't trust Palmer and I feel like Dalton will rebound from last week and have a good game at home. Also not confident Freeman will have back to back big games...

Dalton I'd go with here.

ESPN Flex rankings to help some of your questions.

1. Arian Foster, RB, Texans: Has scored a touchdown in 10 consecutive games, and we all saw what an average running game (the Cowboys') did to the Ravens last week. Huge game coming!
2. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jaguars: Seems like a wise time to trade for him. He's healthy, his bye week has passed, and now that the passing game is at least some threat, that helps MJD.
3. Ray Rice, RB, Ravens
4. Matt Forte, RB, Bears: Just because the Eagles didn't run on the Lions last week hardly means the Bears won't.
5. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals: Pretty much unstoppable at this point.
6. Darren McFadden, RB, Raiders: Carried the ball 27 times last week, so I'm assuming he's healthy.
7. Victor Cruz, WR, Giants
8. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings: Hasn't topped 12 fantasy points since Week 1, but then again, eight points was his worst game. He's a weekly play.
9. Trent Richardson, RB, Browns: Sure hope he plays, because it's a great matchup.
10. Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Giants: With Bradshaw, I don't worry about missed practices.
11. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions: If you're going to trade him, get full value. He's not struggling the same way Matthew Stafford is.
12. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals: Even if Megatron's quarterback is struggling, note how well Fitzgerald is able to overcome that.
13. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks: Personally, the matchup doesn't worry me. That said, Russell Wilson won't spread the field the way Eli Manning did, which opened things up for Bradshaw last week.
14. Alfred Morris, RB, ********: A weekly play, at this point.
15. Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings
16. Wes Welker, WR, Patriots: I still laugh at those who thought he was toast a month ago, and couldn't wait to let me know it.
17. Frank Gore, RB, 49ers
18. Brandon Marshall, WR, Bears
19. Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts
20. Doug Martin, RB, Buccaneers: Should rip up the Saints. Didn't we think he'd have more than 10 receptions at this point? What is he, Michael Turner? C'mon, Josh Freeman!
21. Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots
22. Marques Colston, WR, Saints
23. Chris Johnson, RB, Titans: No run defense has been as friendly in fantasy as Buffalo's. You know what? Johnson has had nice matchups before. Get excited, but not too excited.
24. Hakeem Nicks, WR, Giants: He just practiced for the first time this season on a Wednesday. Wow. I think that means he's playing.
25. C.J. Spiller, RB, Bills: Spiller owners shouldn't complain that he doesn't get all the carries when he's putting up suitable numbers regardless.
26. Vincent Jackson, WR, Buccaneers: Another great matchup, and he has been doing his job.
27. Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers
28. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers: I think Aaron Rodgers wanted to make a point by getting him more involved last week.
29. Felix Jones, RB, Cowboys: Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jones, DeMarco Murray's replacement, disappoints us all. Jones has just tortured us in the past. But the matchup and opportunity dictate a nice rank.
30. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys: And still, Jones gets the better rank over Dez. It's the difference in 20 touches over maybe 10.
31. Steve Johnson, WR, Bills
32. Jimmy Graham, TE, Saints: If the team lets him play, then I do trust he's healthy enough from his ankle sprain to produce the numbers we expect.
33. Darren Sproles, RB, Saints
34. Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers
35. Steve Smith, WR, Panthers
36. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Bengals: Last reached double digits in Week 2, so I'm not expecting a big game, even though the Steelers no longer have a dominant defense.
37. Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Steelers: Hasn't been practicing this week because of an Achilles injury, and this is the Sunday night game. Plan ahead earlier Sunday, just in case.
38. Miles Austin, WR, Cowboys
39. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots
40. Fred Jackson, RB, Bills: I doubt the Bills alter this two-series on, two-series off thing with Jackson and Spiller since both are running well.
41. James Jones, WR, Packers: Hmm, I'll take two more touchdowns this week, please! (But I wouldn't expect it.)
42. Steven Jackson, RB, Rams: I don't believe the Rams' backfield is a 50-50 timeshare.
43. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers
44. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans: Some love him this week, but if his name was Jeremy Kerley or Malcom Floyd, two fellas he's tied with in fantasy scoring this year, would you still play him every week?
45. Torrey Smith, WR, Ravens: A week ago, I would have said Smith and Joe Flacco would be hard-pressed to rip the Texans' pass D. Then Aaron Rodgers threw six touchdown passes against it.
46. Alex Green, RB, Packers: He's the guy to trust in that Packers backfield.
47. Shonn Greene, RB, Jets: Go ahead and trust him if you want, but when he's back under five fantasy points per week, we'll look at his 34-point explosion against the Colts for what it was.
48. Brandon Lloyd, WR, Patriots: Gets so many targets you'd think at some point things will improve. I would buy low on Lloyd.
49. Mike Williams, WR, Buccaneers: The matchup suggests another nice game is pending. And he's actually had a decent season.
50. Mikel Leshoure, RB, Lions

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Kevin Terrell
Kenny Britt has just 19 fantasy points this season, but 12 of them came last week.51. Kenny Britt, WR, Titans: Getting close to where we'll need to consider him a top-20 wide receiver.
52. Owen Daniels, TE, Texans
53. Denarius Moore, WR, Raiders
54. Vick Ballard, RB, Colts: His numbers were down last week because it was a blowout. I doubt the Colts get blown out this week.
55. William Powell, RB, Cardinals
56. Michael Crabtree, WR, 49ers
57. Aaron Hernandez, TE, Patriots
58. Anquan Boldin, WR, Ravens
59. Montario Hardesty, RB, Browns: Move him up 20 spots if Richardson can't play.
60. Nate Washington, WR, Titans
61. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers: I gotta rank him, but I sure don't gotta play him.
62. Jason Witten, TE, Cowboys
63. Lance Moore, WR, Saints
64. Randall Cobb, WR, Packers: Probably deserves better based on the past two weeks, but I also don't see Rodgers throwing six touchdown passes again this week.
65. Jeremy Kerley, WR, Jets: I don't think the Jets will get blown out by the Patriots.
66. Kyle Rudolph, TE, Vikings: I bet most people have no idea he has been a top-three tight end so far.
67. Donnie Avery, WR, Colts: Important game for him since he has been quiet of late. Might not be ranked here next week if he's quiet again.
68. Michael Bush, RB, Bears
69. Nate Burleson, WR, Lions: Not a nice matchup for Stafford and the Lions against the Bears. Not at all.
70. Kendall Wright, WR, Titans: Kind of under the radar the past few weeks, and becoming underrated.
71. Andre Roberts, WR, Cardinals: Four fantasy points the past two games, for those who thought he was headed for stardom before that.
72. Josh Gordon, WR, Browns: He's probably due to taper off big-time, but this is a nice matchup and opponents haven't been covering him well.
73. Heath Miller, TE, Steelers
74. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Panthers
75. Pierre Thomas, RB, Saints
76. Domenik Hixon, WR, Giants: Nicks insurance.
77. Isaac Redman, RB, Steelers: Could either start at running back or miss the game. Doesn't seem like something we'd want to deal with.
78. Devery Henderson, WR, Saints
79. Sidney Rice, WR, Seahawks: I've seen him ranked much better, but it was still only one play. And wouldn't you think the 49ers defense has something to prove this week?
80. Andrew Hawkins, WR, Bengals
81. Danny Woodhead, RB, Patriots
82. Daryl Richardson, RB, Rams: Probably the last time he's ranked this low if the Rams keep giving him significant work.
83. Brandon Gibson, WR, Rams
84. Stephen Hill, WR, Jets: Opportunity is there for him to emerge.
85. Scott Chandler, TE, Bills
86. LaRod Stephens-Howling, RB, Cardinals: He's just not every-down running back material.
87. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Buccaneers: Neither is he, though he has been busier of late.
88. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Raiders
89. Kendall Hunter, RB, 49ers
90. Phillip Tanner, RB, Cowboys: Definitely a name to remember, because the guy atop the depth chart is "week to week" and the next guy just isn't very good. Or durable, for that matter.
91. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Colts
92. Chris Givens, WR, Rams: In two years is he Mike Wallace? I'm serious. He has caught a 50-yarder in three consecutive weeks. Raw but interesting prospect.
93. Ben Tate, RB, Texans: Incredibly, 21 of his 25 fantasy points this season came in one stinkin' game. The Texans had better not wear out Foster, but it's trending that way.
94. Fred Davis, TE, ********: The best, most consistent option Robert Griffin III has, really.
95. Brandon LaFell, WR, Panthers
96. Mark Ingram, RB, Saints: Eleven of his 15 fantasy points for the season came in one game. I wouldn't laugh if you simply cut him.
97. Brandon Bolden, RB, Patriots: I wouldn't cut Bolden yet.
98. Golden Tate, WR, Seahawks
99. Cecil Shorts, WR, Jaguars: Deep sleeper about to get more work.
100. Santana Moss, WR, ********: Yes, he's still in the league.
Others: Joique Bell, RB, Lions; Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Lions; Mario Manningham, WR, 49ers; Jermaine Gresham, TE, Bengals; Justin Forsett, RB, Texans; Mike Goodson, RB, Raiders; David Wilson, RB, Giants; Jermichael Finley, TE, Packers; Justin Blackmon, WR, Jaguars; Jamie Harper, RB, Titans; James Starks, RB, Packers; Rashad Jennings, RB, Jaguars; Cedric Peerman, RB, Bengals; Robert Turbin, RB, Seahawks.

Not fan of Gore this week TBH (even though I'm forced to start him), I'd probably lean Jones and Dre.

Yeah man tell me about it. But he will touch the ball more than the other 2 is what has me giving him strong consideration. Dre hasnt been consistent so far but he catches a break this week with Webb being hurt. Jones and Nelson are receiving the majority of the balls being thrown their way.

*sigh* decisions decisions.

Jets planning to use Tebow at RB this weekend.....the did a sport science on him a while ago and he had quicker feet than MJd and nearly as quick as Sproles (I don't remember exactly which RBs but it was two lil scat backs).

^^ D. Thomas (Denver), Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings
mean.gif
, Mike Williams (Tampa), and Randall Cobb
Oh, honestly, I wouldn't do that trade you're fine with Thomas, Bowe, and Jennings once he gets back on trace. Cobb & Williams as your 4/5 is nice. Hold onto McFadden who I think will only get better as the season progresses and he gets further acclimated with the ZBS

VanillaGorilla: go with Morris, if the GMen can create pressure like they should Alfred will be featured heavily as a security blanket for RG3. Draws, screens, dump offs, etc

Thanks for posting Proshares. You've got insider?

was just offered Larry Fitz for D. Mcfadden.
my RB's are MJD, Alfred Morris, M.Leshoure.
im kind of weary because of Kolb being injured, should i decline?

Fitz has better numbers with Skelton, you're solid at RB

need a little help for my FLEX and a WR spot... pick 2
Frank Gore vsSEA
James Jones @STL
Andre Johnson vsBAL

Andre - Baltimore D is shattered.

Dalton vs. PIT
Palmer vs. JAC
Freeman @ NO

Freeman - feeling confident after big week last week, NO defense is one of the worst in the league.

PPR:
Alfred Morris VS. NYG
Steve Johnson VS. TEN?

Steve Johnson - Tenn gives up tons of pts vs WR and TE

Last edited:
I have Matt Ryan on bye. Palmer is my backup (vs. JAC) or should I claim Big Ben off waivers? Also Jordy Nelson or Fitzgerald?

You in a 4 team league? How is Big Ben on waivers

Anyhow, yeah I'd pick him up - poised for another big game on Sunday night vs CIN. I'll play Fitz > Jordy

Oh, honestly, I wouldn't do that trade you're fine with Thomas, Bowe, and Jennings once he gets back on trace. Cobb & Williams as your 4/5 is nice. Hold onto McFadden who I think will only get better as the season progresses and he gets further acclimated with the ZBS

VanillaGorilla: go with Morris, if the GMen can create pressure like they should Alfred will be featured heavily as a security blanket for RG3. Draws, screens, dump offs, etc

Thanks for posting Proshares. You've got insider?

repped, i just declined

dude would have a juggernaut team after the trade with
Megatron
Julio Jones
Brandon Marshall
Stevan Ridley
D. Mcfadden

Back
Top Bottom