2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

You're entitled to your own opinion but aside from the secondary how is this team not good? The only team that handed it to us is Mizzou. I don't play the 'could've, should've, would've game' but we're a few bad calls/plays from 11-1 buddy, even with all those injuries people bring up. Auburn: Hail Mary miracle, Vandy: ref called THE WORST targeting on Ramik Wilson when we stopped them on 4th down late in the 4th qtr to seal the victory, call was overturned but still gave them the 15 yards & 1st down in the redzone and then there's Clemson where we lost by 3 while starting 4-5 true fresh on Defense in the 1st game of the season and in Death Valley... but we're not a good team?

I agree on Miami tho, aside from Duke and Coley that team is a bottom feeder.

Ermon Lane set to take UGA official, his teammate WR Gilbert Johnson has been a UGA commit for a while and word is Sony and our OL commit from Fla Isaiah Wynn been calling him...gonna be a tough pull but anything is possible in recruiting
We lost our deep threat at UNC in the middle of the year. then we lost duke at fsu. i can name excuses just like you when we played Vtech we were about to go up by 2 TD with coley about to take back a punt and he fumbled. next kickoff burns was about to take back a kick and he fumbled. next possession punting our ODonnell  put hes knee down on the ground giving them the ball at the 15. take away those 3 mistakes its a differnt game we gifted them 3 TDs. Our season was over after duke went out.

Stat I heard today: 

How many holding penalties do you think Stanford has committed all season?

Answer:

wonder what the odds before the season that we would see mizzou/auburn in the seccg ?

neither team even went to a bowl in 2012 !! :lol:

I thought that Mizzou was going to be the team that knocked off Bama

They are a better all around team than Auburn IMO, I expect them to win.

Out of all the teams left, they are the toughest matchup for FSU should FSU make it to the natty

yeah i was just wondering how the secondary would stack up against those receivers...

plus our d has given up a lot of early game run yards and Josey can def. hit the home run...

Pruitt seams to adjust very well, the second half D has been crazy good, i'm extremely impressed with him

Last edited:
People are def sleeping on Mizzou. If they beat Auburn, and I think they will, they should be #2. Whether OSU wins or not

laugh.gif

:nerd:

Jameis Winston Slapped With Insane Lawsuit by Prison Inmate Over Alleged "Sexually Graphic Messages"
By Michael E. Miller
Published Wed., Nov. 27 2013 at 8:00 AM

Jameis_Winston_2013.jpg
David July via Wikimedia Commons
FSU quarterback Jameis Winston
This has been a year of great uncertainty for Jameis Winston. The freshman quarterback might lead Florida State to a national championship. He might win a Heisman trophy. And, of course, he might end up in prison after being accused of rape.
One thing Winston almost certainly did not do, however, is send hundreds of sexually explicit messages -- including an invitation to "suck his chocolate meat" -- to a Pennsylvania prisoner. And yet, that's exactly what inmate Thomas Paul Nicholas is claiming.

Click through for one of the most insane lawsuits to sully the Sunshine State in quite some time. But be forewarned: this isn't the type of story to share with grannie around the Thanksgiving dinner table.

Winston is an easy target. Ever since the Florida State Attorney's Office in Tallahassee announced on November 14 that it was opening an investigation into a year-old claim that Winston sexually assaulted an FSU student, the QB has been squarely in the media's crosshairs.

But Nicholas's lawsuit is nonetheless a surprise. In a handwritten motion filed November 18, Nicholas outlines an alleged internet friendship with the quarterback gone horribly wrong. He claims the two became buddies on MySpace but then "the messages became sexual where Winston would ask me to perform sexual acts on him and try to lure me to Florida to have sex with him."

"I'm not homosexual and I told Winston this," Nicholas continues, but "Winston told me he doesn't care. Winston sent me a picture of himself naked holding his erect penis in his hand smiling."

Then things get even weirder.

Thomas_Paul_Nicholas.jpg
Thomas Paul Nicholas
"Winston sent me messages saying he wants to suck my white penis," Nicholas claims in the lawsuit. "I told Winston to stop bullying me. Winston sent me a message telling me if I told the police on him, he was going to kill me. Winston sent me over 350 sexually graphic messages which cause me humiliation. I have nightmares, and fear Jameis Winston is going to [word missing] me and rape me when I'm released because he told me this."
Winston said in a Valentines letter he wants to have anal sex with me," Nicholas then adds implausibly. "Winston told me I'm his white lover and wanted me to suck his 'chocolate meat.'"

Oh, and then Nicholas concludes by saying he is seeking $1,000,000.00 in damages from the NFL prospect.

The lawsuit is actually a motion for a restraining order, as Nicholas says he "faces imminent danger and bodily harm" from the football player.

That claim is all the stranger because Nicholas is currently locked up in a prison outside Bellefont, Pennsylvania.

Court records show Nicholas -- a five-foot seven-inch 24-year-old -- pleaded guilty to one count of theft in Pike County Pennsylvania back in 2009.

But records from his home state of New Jersey are more troubling. Nicholas has been convicted of multiple crimes including burglary, arson, and sexual assault.

Needless to say, Nicholas isn't the most credible of plaintiffs. So despite his other difficulties, Winston probably isn't worried about the lawsuit -- if he's even aware of it.

A Tampa-area judge denied his request for a restraining order less than 24 hours after he filed it.

Read that on bleacher report this weekend...not sure if want. Lane's a good playcaller, but them two clowns on one coaching staff, man. That would be rough to watch, but it really can't get any worse on offense.

Is Florida really considering Lane for OC?
Read that on bleacher report this weekend...not sure if want. Lane's a good playcaller, but them two clowns on one coaching staff, man. That would be rough to watch, but it really can't get any worse on offense.
Yes.  Yes, they are.  And Clay Helton too.

Lane can be a great OC (just look at what he did for Reggie Bush, Dwayne Jarrett, and Matt Leinart.)

I just don't get how Muschamp can go after him when he's said UF's 100% switching to the spread next year.  Lane runs an under-center pro style offense.

"Can’t get enough of the Alabama girls. The War Eagle girls. Really everything was good down there."
Sounds like Travis Rudolph got treated right this weekend. 
pimp.gif

We lost our deep threat at UNC in the middle of the year. then we lost duke at fsu. i can name excuses just like you when we played Vtech we were about to go up by 2 TD with coley about to take back a punt and he fumbled. next kickoff burns was about to take back a kick and he fumbled. next possession punting our ODonnell  put hes knee down on the ground giving them the ball at the 15. take away those 3 mistakes its a differnt game we gifted them 3 TDs. Our season was over after duke went out.

didnt miami struggle to beat fla??

Shame Mettenberger tore his ACL.
mean.gif
He's going to have a better NFL career than any of the other QBs in this draft.
Dudes on the radio were saying that scouts said he was probably a 1st round lock pre-injury, but is still probably going 1st/2nd round even now.

Crazy how going into last season so many of us thought he was a bum.

Mike Humes ‏@MikeHumesESPN 5m
on a conference call, @JBradEdwards: "The Pac-12 is the best conference in college football this year, not the SEC"

Back
Top Bottom