2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

BQ7u0IdCUAELHqQ.jpg:large

He doesn't need, nor should he get anywhere near 25+ touches a game, IMO.

Looking at Oregon's schedule, the only games he should even potentially scratch 20 touches are:

TEN
U Dub
UCLA
Stanford
Oregon State

As someone already said, he's as big of a threat w/o the ball as he is w/ it.

Basically. Guy needs 15ish touches a game and be used as a decoy elsewhere. Guys like Lyerla, Addison, Tyner, Marshall, and Huff can all benefit from DAT's presence on the field.

Nonsense. 20-25 touches between offense and special teams should be the goal. Get your best player the ball. He isn't winning the Heisman with only 15 touches/game

I hope by touches, some of y'all mean carries. What does Oregon average...80+ plays/game? If you only get the ball in DAT's hands 15 times on plays from scrimmage, I think you're wasting him, decoy or not.

Nonsense. 20-25 touches between offense and special teams should be the goal. Get your best player the ball. He isn't winning the Heisman with only 15 touches/game

Okay, maybe more, but I don't care about the Heisman. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great to have a Duck win it, but I'd rather have a national title.

Im looking forward to seeing those Cane WR's vs UF. See if they can get separation one on one

Good thing for you your QB likely won't go full ****** and thow 218947324 int's in 1 game

Last edited:
The way miami fans talk about their receivers , you would think it's full of first round talent. ***** 
herb been balling all spring and he's first on the depth chart so i expect him to be huge

stacy should take a year to come around but he'll be the goods also

also we've been pumping out pro bowl tight ends like hot cakes

and derrick griffin should only ad to that next year after he preps

I was thinking what if a player was used as the cover on one of the NCAA games. Do they only use players that have declared for the draft or graduated? Because I don't think they could pit somebody on the cover for free without giving them something.

herb been balling all spring and he's first on the depth chart so i expect him to be huge

Dorsett, hurns, herb, malcom, Stacy, scott. I just don't see any corner back tandem that would be able to lock down all those guys and I expect a big year from dorsett and malcom.

All those WRs ya'll talking about was irrelevant against anyone that mattered last year.

J Graham and who else ?

Basically. Guy needs 15ish touches a game and be used as a decoy elsewhere. Guys like Lyerla, Addison, Tyner, Marshall, and Huff can all benefit from DAT's presence on the field.

I say 20-30 between offense and special teams. We do have a bunch that can carry more of our running load. I do see him as a slotback with carries and quick explosive short passes though.

Last edited:
Who is VH III comparable to (former college players)?

Tough to call since he's so advanced for his age. As far as instincts he almost reminds me of a young Charles Woodson, or Champ Bailey, although I'm not sure of Hargreaves' return ability. Can't think of too many other corners within the past 10-15 years who were this advanced in technique this early in career

Dorsett, hurns, herb, malcom, Stacy, scott. I just don't see any corner back tandem that would be able to lock down all those guys and I expect a big year from dorsett and malcom.

Those Wideout's aren't even the best group in the ACC...Clemson's Widereceivers > Miami's anyday

FSU's DB's locked down Miami last year, and I don't see that changing this year. Dorsett has blazing speed but stil has mediocre hands, Hurns is nothing special, and Stacy Coley is still a True Freshman.

Back
Top Bottom