2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I have no doubt Saban would do work at Texas, but to me it seems like with the way Texas HS football is trending now, schools like TT, A&M, Baylor, Houston etc all have offensive identities that relate way more to recruits, especially skill guys and QB's, than Saban's system would. I'm sure he would still pull in the #1 class every year :lol: I'm just saying for the past few years Texas has lacked an identity. While guys like Sumlin, Kingsbury, Leach (before he got fired :lol: ) and Briles have really built their brands. All these other programs/coaches coming up (and Texas somehow wasting all these recruiting classes and blowing it in recruiting QB's) has really dented Texas' stranglehold on the state.

I have no doubt Saban would do work at Texas, but to me it seems like with the way Texas HS football is trending now, schools like TT, A&M, Baylor, Houston etc all have offensive identities that relate way more to recruits, especially skill guys and QB's, than Saban's system would. I'm sure he would still pull in the #1 class every year :lol: I'm just saying for the past few years Texas has lacked an identity. While guys like Sumlin, Kingsbury, Leach (before he got fired :lol: ) and Briles have really built their brands. All these other programs/coaches coming up (and Texas somehow wasting all these recruiting classes and blowing it in recruiting QB's) has really dented Texas' stranglehold on the state.

People won't admit it but if you are from the state of Texas you are typically a Texas fan unless a parent or family member went somewhere else.

For the Longhorns to be in the situation they are in now takes abject incompetence.

Texas has to make a splash hire or pray Sumlin leaves for the NFL.

Boyd overthrew Sammy. That's a TD.

Saban left MSU, LSU, Fins. In-state talent.

NC State ripe to pull the upset. At least beat the (gambling) spread.

Mettenberger coming down to Earth against Auburn on Saturday.

underarmourmarylanduniform04.jpg

underarmourmarylanduniform09.jpg

underarmourmarylanduniform11.jpg

Last edited:
Lol Clemson just got lucky refs called back a touchdown when he didn't step out of bounce. Then they fumble.

I believe the HC at the Florida school Bo transferred to is Chris Rix :nerd:  

Chris Weinke is the HC @ IMG
Yea, him.
Looks like Clemson won't Clemson this week.
..but they did, the refs just were in their favor...again. :nerd:

What I don't get is, how Clemson pulled a Clemson knowing damn well the whole world were expecting them to pull a Clemson :smh:
That's the fire I like to see 
laugh.gif

but
 you've never seen me make an excuse for a loss bud.

Oh.

Ugly game but we won. Our OL sucks, they held up well in week 1 though. I guess this was the first real test they faced. :nerd:

Sometimes team just don't play as well as they should on the road against inferior opponents, South Carolina did in week 2.

I'm just happy the refs got the gift cards I sent. :D

Last edited:
any games you guys are looking forward to this weekend? 

might be one of the least competitive weekends of the year. 

any games you guys are looking forward to this weekend? 
might be one of the least competitive weekends of the year. 

Miami vs. Savannah State. Might not be interesting for you guys, but from the moment we get to Sun Life it's a party down here.

Back
Top Bottom