2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

At this point I don't even care. 

Dudes have been hating on Penn State for no reason long before the scandal. 

Not much you can do. Haters gonna hate. 
Please. The cult mentality is strong with this one. The only "hate" they got was for Paterno getting credit for wins he didn't coach. Standing on the sideline without a headset or clipboard doesn't count.

Last edited:
The best thing to happen to penn state wad Joe pa being removed and then passing away.

It kind of put a period on the scandal.

I think if Joe was still alive there would still be a stench and the ncaa wouldnt have any leniency.

I agree 100%

Cause imo he knew this **** was happening

It makes no sense for them to get the Death Penalty. It made no sense for the NCAA to have any business with this. And even they themselves are realizing it now. That's why we had our scholarships restored. 

At the end of the day we're still a fantastic school. People hate on a university when they don't even have a school to show allegiance to...
So what happened wasn't Lack of Institutional Control?
it's a cop out excuse used without an real parameters to punish programs they feel deserve punishing.

the ncaa had no business getting involved with the penn state scandal to begin with.

penn state should have taken it upon themselves to fire everyone involved the day it became news.  EVERYONE.  from top to bottom: the ad, the president, the coaches, everyone that had a hand in that and the state should have prosecuted the **** out of them.

the ncaa isnt a legal body.  they dont govern with precedent or any real outlined set of rules.  they dont even have any real authority when you think about it.  they had no business punishing penn state.

they should have permitted any players disgusted with the incident the right to transfer freely and asked penn state to refund tickets and issued a statement denouncing the program.   that should have been the extent of their involvement

Last edited:

it's a cop out excuse used without an real parameters to punish programs they feel deserve punishing.

the ncaa had no business getting involved with the penn state scandal to begin with.

penn state should have taken it upon themselves to fire everyone involved the day it became news.  EVERYONE.  from top to bottom: the ad, the president, the coaches, everyone that had a hand in that and the state should have prosecuted the **** out of them.

the ncaa isnt a legal body.  they dont govern with precedent or any real outlined set of rules.  they dont even have any real authority when you think about it.  they had no business punishing penn state.
Thank you. 

The NCAA only put the sanctions in place because it was the trendy thing to do at the time.

And now it is evident that they KNOW they were wrong because they are starting to retract some of the sanctions, starting with the scholarships being restored. 

Mariota is the reason the Manziel went to Texas A&M...
:lol: That is 100% complete made up ******** ...

Nevermind the fact Johnny was better as a freshman and is playing every bit as well as Mariota this year... Arguably the best/most electric HS quarterback in the state of Texas in the last decade was scared away from Oregon by some three-star from Hawaii he had probably never seen even take a snap... :rofl: OK. The second Johnny got an offer from A&M or Texas at QB he was gone. It was that way from the second he ever committed to Oregon.

They're both studs. Why do you have to make up **** to justify one over the other?

QFT

Nevermind the fact Johnny was better as a freshman and is playing every bit as well as Mariota this year... Arguably the best/most electric HS quarterback in the state of Texas in the last decade was scared away from Oregon by some three-star from Hawaii he had probably never seen even take a snap... :rofl: OK. The second Johnny got an offer from A&M or Texas at QB he was gone. It was that way from the second he ever committed to Oregon.

They're both studs. Why do you have to make up **** to justify one over the other?

TRUUUUUUU

As an Oregon fan, I can respect that. Only way for us to get the stigma off is to go out and beat a Bama/A&M/LSU. Until then, we really have no room to talk.

THIS

I been saying in this thread since day 1

I dont wanna play Clemson, FSU, Ohio St, or Louisville......no diss to those programs but we gotta get this monkey off our back

I want Alabama!!!! Bring on Nick Saban and the dynasty!!!

If it could be ANY team to DE throne the Crimson Tide I would want it to be Oregon.......endless amount of trash talking :evil:

I feel if we didnt play Bama people wouldnt give us credit even if we won the title we would still hear "yall lucky Alabama lost to LSU or lost in the SEC title game"

Bama vs Oregon needs to happen

I would also love to see Texas A&M vs Clemson or FSU

Stupid comment. If you're the champ then you're the champ. Doesn't matter who you play?

Should Duke hoops put a * because they beat Butler? No

People will always make excuses. So and so was hurt, it was a down year, too many freshmen, and so on. Ducks just need to keep winning BCS bowls and get themselves a crystal football regardless of who it's against.

Personally I'm just happy that they actually are making it to BCS bowl games now on a regular basis. A lot better than it use to be :lol:
The mid 2000s wasn't that long ago when winning any bowl game was nice. Hell 2004 was a losing season (5-6).
I swear that most of the Ducks "fans" that I talk to these days have no clue about the program before 2009 :smh:

How is it a cop out excuse when the head of not only the program, but university allows this to go on under his watch?

And AF1, please. After the scandal happened, I never heard so much **** talked about the football program and the university from someone who attended. Now you in here beating your chest after they barely got by a Michigan team that's ok at best.

People will always make excuses. So and so was hurt, it was a down year, too many freshmen, and so on. Ducks just need to keep winning BCS bowls and get themselves a crystal football regardless of who it's against.

Personally I'm just happy that they actually are making it to BCS bowl games now on a regular basis. A lot better than it use to be :lol:
The mid 2000s wasn't that long ago when winning any bowl game was nice. Hell 2004 was a losing season (5-6).
I swear that most of the Ducks "fans" that I talk to these days have no clue about the program before 2009 :smh:

I remember getting NCAA with Joey Harrington on the cover and going crazy :smokin

most fans outside of Oregon alum/students and a few die hards here and there came around during the Dennis Dixon/LaMichael James era

went to the FSU game not to long ago and seen a section of FSU fans/tailgaters flying HUGE Oregon flags with Oregon and FSU tents it was about 30 people all with Oregon and FSU gear on

Ima be at the MIami vs FSU game ima take some pics of em

How is it a cop out excuse when the head of not only the program, but university allows this to go on under his watch?

And AF1, please. After the scandal happened, I never heard so much **** talked about the football program and the university from someone who attended. Now you in here beating your chest after they barely got by a Michigan team that's ok at best.

I missed where he puffed out his chest over the Michigan win

The win was good for O'Brien, the students and players who had nothing to do with the scandal and recovery of the University

Nothin more, nothin less

Go up to Happy Valley and you see a changed atmosphere from the Joe Pa era; people just want somewhat of normalcy again

I look at my time at PSU in a tainted light; I was disgusted and didn't go back until this weekend...let the people who had nothing to do with this breathe

It was criminal manner which is exactly why the NCAA is backtracking now; the people involved in the cover up are out and getting what is rightfully coming to them

That's all I have to say on this matter

Last edited:

Amen, brother. After Joey Harrington the Jason Fife days were rough :smh: I remember when Andrew Walter LIT up our freshman DBs (particularly Aaron Gipson) in that shootout at Autzen. Carson Palmer came in the next week and did it again too. And that Seattle Bowl against Wake Forest was just abysmal. Samie Parker tho :pimp:

It's shame Kellen Clemens didn't have more of a supporting cast around him until 2005 when he broke his ankle. IMO he's a really underrated QB at the time. 2004 was just a terrible year (opening loss to INDIANA). It's been building for the past decade though. I always felt Oregon really underachieved with Bellotti and...ugh...Andy Ludwig (yuck).

Looking back though Oregon has had a set of pretty damn good running backs:

Onterrio Smith (2000-2002)
Jonathan Stewart (2005-2007)
Jeremiah Johnson (2005-2008)
LeGarrette Blount (2008-2009)
LaMichael James (2008-2011)
Kenjon Barner (2008-2012)
De'Anthony Thomas (2011-2013, I'm assuming he's gone after this year)

It's about time they got themselves a damn quarterback too. After Joey we had some ups and downs:

Jason Fife (2001-2003)
Kellen Clemens (2002-2005)
Dennis Dixon (2004-2007)
Justin Roper, Chris Harper, Cody Kempt (2008)
Jeremiah Masoli (2008-2009)
Darron Thomas (2008-2011)
Marcus Mariota (2011-2013)

All I know is that I'm in one of the best Engineering programs in the country. 

All I know is that PSU is consistently ranked among the best universities academically in the world. 

All I know is that it has the largest Alumni network in the world. 

Am I happy about the Michigan win? Absolutely. Not really for football reasons because at the end of the day, there's no light at the end of the tunnel regarding bowl games. But moreso of the morale boost that it gave us. We're still feeling the after effects of the victory 2 days later. I haven't seen campus in such high spirits since 1)THON or 2)Joe Pa's 400th win. 

And yes, I talked "so much ****" about the football program. Because what happened is completely unacceptable. Do I like the fact that the football program has this much influence over the University? Absolutely not. Am I STILL proud to be a Penn Stater, for other reasons other than football? Absolutely. I never talked **** about the University itself. Academics and Philanthropy  has and always will be the thing I'm most proud about regarding Penn State. 

There is so much good that the students, who are not connected to the football program. And like I said, this will NEVER be recognized by the media. 

It just flat out sucks that the scandal completely sucked the life out of the University. The students, faculty, and alumni should be ashamed of what happened. They should be ashamed that the higher ups screwed up. But they shouldn't hang their heads in misery. They should keep their heads held up high for the other 99% of the things that the University has done. 

Just sit down and stop talking about something you have no idea about other than what ESPN has told you. 

Last edited:

Anymore?

Back to football:

GREENSBORO, N.C.—Durell Eskridge has been named the ACC Defensive Back of the Week for his performance at NC State, as announced by the Atlantic Coast Conference on Monday.

Eskridge, a junior free safety from Miami, Fla., recorded a career-high 13 tackles (seven solo and six assists, both personal bests) in the 24-10 road win over the Wolfpack. He stopped one potential scoring drive with an interception at the Syracuse 14-yard line and returned it 32 yards. He also assisted on a tackle for loss on third-and-2 that forced a punt which started the Orange's first scoring drive of the game. Eskridge later made another stop on third down to force a punt that led to SU's go-ahead touchdown drive in the middle of the fourth quarter. He leads the Syracuse defense in total tackles with 41 on the season, 24 solo.

This is the second time a Syracuse player has been named an ACC Player of the Week. The first was defensive end Robert Welsh, who earned the honor in the opening weekend of the 2013 season.

The Orange travels to Atlanta, Ga. this weekend to take on Georgia Tech at Bobby Dodd Stadium on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. (ACC Network).
RT @osgators: Matt Jones out for the season, knee injury. #Gators. Thought a sprain, torn meniscus

Last edited:

Chuch.

penn state students/alumni/staff get a bad rap. a few higherups tainted it for everyone. those are the only people i'm concerned about being punished.

Not in support of Ohio State (we arleady beat them when it mattered), just think only Bama (who I HATE) & Ohio State could hang with Oregon (who I HATE). I think homie left us off the list though.

:wow:

1st person I have seen to ever HATE Oregon

at worst I have heard people say "I have nothing against them I just dont like em or dislike em"

But what makes you hate a program thats really just coming on the scene on a consistent basis

unless you are a Oregon St, Washington, or USC Pac 12 junky I dont see what your hate could be towards Oregon

its the home of Nike for crying out

Where do y'all think Manziel is going in the draft. I mean the talent is obviously there, but he looks so damn small and frail out there

Where do y'all think Manziel is going in the draft. I mean the talent is obviously there, but he looks so damn small and frail out there

depends on his progression. still has A LOT to work out mechanically. stuff he gets away with now might not fly in the NFL, but only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom