2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Sounds like injury rumors to Mariota are true. Probably injured it during UCLA week. The stats are pretty telling: Mariota ran 49 times for 493 yards and scored a TD in each of 1st 7 games. More than 10 ypc. Has 13 carries for 2 yards in last 2 games

Seems to happen to Oregon's best QBs. Not terribly surprising given the responsibilities of the position, but nonetheless disappointing for a tremendous talent. As I was watching the game I saw a number of plays where I expected Mariota to take off for a positive gain only to have him throw it in a tight window to a receiver. Obviously I don't know the severity of the issue yet as Oregon doesn't publicly comment on player injuries, but I'm sure something will come to light in the coming days as the issue receives more scrutiny.

I don't use it as an excuse. I still believe biggest issues were play of offensive and defensive lines. Mariota's injury only magnifies that problem.

Swear on everything, real conversation going on here at work. No joke....

[Duck fan]

"I don't get it, we lost to a top 5 school, Stanford lost to an unranked team, we should still be ahead of them, their loss is worse than ours......"

And multiple people are nodding their heads agreeing with him. :lol: :lol: :smh:

They have no idea why I'm sitting here at my desk lookin like Josh Huff with tears rollin down my cheeks. :lol: :lol:
Seems like you let a lot of homers make up what you think of Oregon and Portland team fanbases. If I was to move to Cali or Miami I'd probably run into homers too especially at work or in the streets. You rarely meet any decent people who can keep conversations about sports. I just keep it moving after one dumb statement.

I lived in Cali, certainly homers, but also a ton of wise wise folks out that way.

I RARELY, RARELY, encounter wise Oregon folk. (Ducks, Blazers, Seahawks, or Beavers) (Yes Seahawks, because most of this state claims them)

I listen to these fools all day. I listen to them on the radio. I listen to family members. Friends of family members. Friends.

They're all dumb. Every ****** one of them. Every loss was by the mistake of a ref. The Lakers, SEC, 49ers, etc are overrated. The Pac-12, Ducks, Seahawks, Blazers, underrated. Best fans, etc etc.

It gets said, over, and over and over around here. It never stops, it never ends. Year after year I "think" they'll get it this time. Then I hear stuff like......... "this year is different". "We want Bama" Those previous 7 losses have nothing to do with THIS team........(proceeds to lose in the exact same manner as previous 7)

Clock, and work.

Every year.

9 months from now, it will start again. SEC sucks, Ducks Ducks Ducks, this year is different, blah blah blah, face physical team, L. And I'll have to type this stupid post yet again. Cuz I'll hear the same talk at work, radio, home, etc, again.

Cali has like 30 teams. Pro, college, minor league, etc. Multiple sports, tons and tons of options. Oregon has like 4 teams, one per sport, and it's all the same mindless zombies following each team. They listen to the same homer announcers, believe the same "everyone against us" ********, and carry it like a cross every single year.

Please, don't act like I don't know what I'm sayin, or this is somethin new. I've said this same stuff year after year about these fanbases. I hear the same ridiculous crap all the time. It's not like that "everywhere". Some fanbases, sure, probably dumb too. No question. But state by state, I doubt there's one dumber than this bunch of tards squawkin. *shrugs*

Who's that dude that died on here after the Boise State game? Exile on Ivy Street or somethin like that. That dude, is EXACTLY who I refer too. Clueless ************ that ran his mouth about the Ducks, Blazers, Seahawks every damn day. He was a ****** joke. And is the perfect example of how this state is.

Chester, is the opposite of him. Somehow, Chester has a brain and sees a bigger picture in the sports world. He backs his team, but knows that there are players/teams outside of Oregon that do just fine.

RIP Exile.......you piece of ****. :lol:

(he's not really dead folks, just bailed on NT after the Boise State game years ago) :lol:

I would take those fans over bandwagon jumpers who like 3 teams in 3 time zones

Bandwagon jumpers? You ever see my sig adjusted, ever?

Cubs, Dolphins and these current Canes and Lakers? :lol:

The **** time zones gotta do with anything? :lol:

You do have a pretty random selection of favorite teams but can't knock you have liked them for as long as I've seen you on this site.

No big deal.

lakers and hurricanes 
pimp.gif

Not out the form, but it was the wrong call by Helfrich. So early in the game. Take the points, positive drive. Trust your defense. Got too greedy.

I feel the same about Stoops going for it on fourth so early.
but when they call a fake punt from their 20 that goes for 66 yards it's gutsy and brilliant.

ducks fans can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
What does liking teams in different time zones have to do with anything :rofl:

As long as you don't switch teams, who cares?

I lived in Cali, certainly homers, but also a ton of wise wise folks out that way.

I RARELY, RARELY, encounter wise Oregon folk. (Ducks, Blazers, Seahawks, or Beavers) (Yes Seahawks, because most of this state claims them)

I listen to these fools all day. I listen to them on the radio. I listen to family members. Friends of family members. Friends.

They're all dumb. Every ****** one of them. Every loss was by the mistake of a ref. The Lakers, SEC, 49ers, etc are overrated. The Pac-12, Ducks, Seahawks, Blazers, underrated. Best fans, etc etc.

It gets said, over, and over and over around here. It never stops, it never ends. Year after year I "think" they'll get it this time. Then I hear stuff like......... "this year is different". "We want Bama" Those previous 7 losses have nothing to do with THIS team........(proceeds to lose in the exact same manner as previous 7)

Clock, and work.

Every year.

9 months from now, it will start again. SEC sucks, Ducks Ducks Ducks, this year is different, blah blah blah, face physical team, L. And I'll have to type this stupid post yet again. Cuz I'll hear the same talk at work, radio, home, etc, again.

Cali has like 30 teams. Pro, college, minor league, etc. Multiple sports, tons and tons of options. Oregon has like 4 teams, one per sport, and it's all the same mindless zombies following each team. They listen to the same homer announcers, believe the same "everyone against us" ********, and carry it like a cross every single year.

Please, don't act like I don't know what I'm sayin, or this is somethin new. I've said this same stuff year after year about these fanbases. I hear the same ridiculous crap all the time. It's not like that "everywhere". Some fanbases, sure, probably dumb too. No question. But state by state, I doubt there's one dumber than this bunch of tards squawkin. *shrugs*

Who's that dude that died on here after the Boise State game? Exile on Ivy Street or somethin like that. That dude, is EXACTLY who I refer too. Clueless ************ that ran his mouth about the Ducks, Blazers, Seahawks every damn day. He was a ****** joke. And is the perfect example of how this state is.

Chester, is the opposite of him. Somehow, Chester has a brain and sees a bigger picture in the sports world. He backs his team, but knows that there are players/teams outside of Oregon that do just fine.

RIP Exile.......you piece of ****. :lol:

(he's not really dead folks, just bailed on NT after the Boise State game years ago) :lol:
Ehh maybe its because you werent born and raised here but you get used to the homer-ism and just drown it out but I guess I understand your situation. I know exactly what you mean especially your Seahawks reference :lol: I have friends/know people who root against WSU, UW, Sounders and call them our rivals but are somehow Seahawk fans :rofl:

I still think we have a great fanbase here for sports since there aint much things to do but not as bad as you make it seem. I'll agree to disagee.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom